MLB Predictions Contest and Discussion

ALCS

Texas Rangers vs. New York Rangers

Winner: Texas Rangers in 7

Why: Not a fan of the Yankees, made that clear and looked like a fool. Still, I can't vote for them, and I do think the Rangers have the tools to pull this off. CJ Wilson has had a very good season this year, and pitched well against the Rays in Game 2. That should be a fun matchup with CC in Game 1. Colby Lewis has a better ERA than Phil Hughes, and both didn't allow runs in their starts in the ALDS, Hughes going 7 innings and Lewis going 5. Could get dicey and I wouldn't be surprised if this one were the battle of the bullpens. Game 3 looks to be the game of the series pitching wise. Pettitte has been great in the postseason, and Cliff Lee is down right filthy. Those are the keys to the series, and I don't think many people will care about Game 4 unless it is a clincher. Burnett hasn't pitched in a few weeks so he could be good to go if his head is on right to pitch. Don't sleep on Texas' offense. It's not as powerful as the Yanks, but it is still damn good.

NLCS

Philadelphia Phillies vs. San Francisco Giants

Winner: Phillies in 6

Why: This is a tough decision for me. I do like Lincecum, Cain, and Sanchez. They are one of the few teams that has a top 3 matching Halladay, Oswalt, and Hamels. Game 1 is a duel. Arguably the 2 best pitchers in baseball in Halladay and Lincecum going head to head. Straight up filthy. Sanchez and Oswalt should be a fun game to watch, and Hamels vs. Cain should be another stellar outing. My bet for pitching series of the CS. I was so tempted to take the Giants in 7 because they have that offense that gets just enough done to win, but the Phils continue to show how great a team they are all around.

Giants over Phillies in 6

The Giants match up well against Philadelphia, in pretty much every aspect of the game. While the Phillies may have bigger names all around, the Giants have more depth when it comes to hitting and pitching. Both teams have a "Big Three" so I expect most of these games to be on the closer side of things, but if the Giants are able to strike early, and get to Phillies bullpen late, than they should be able to pull through and finish the Phillies of in six.

Yankees over Rangers in 6

While my heart tells me to pick the Rangers, my head will have nothing to do with such shenanigans. The Rangers suffer from a similar type Yankees pwnage, that was literally just on display last round when the Yankees wiped out the Twins in three; but Yankees/Twins has always been a sadly predictable matchup. I feel the Rangers will put fourth a better effort and have the bats to sneak out a couple of victories, but in the end the Yankees are going to be to much to over come, and the regular season ownage that the Yankees hold over Texas might very well be the breaking point for this Ranger team; though I'm still going to be rooting for them, I just don't see it happening.

Giants over Phillies in 7

I just feel that the trio of Lincecum, Cain, and Sanchez will come through better than the Phillies trio. Buster Posey is always a threat and I think that is San Francisco's time. It will be a low scoring series and all the Giants need to do is steal one in Philadelphia and they will win the series.

Rangers over Yankees in 6

I just haven't seen the Yankee team I saw last year and it will show here. I trust Pettite and Hughes but I'm not sure about Sabathia from time to time and I'm 100% not sold on Barnett. Rangers have a solid rotation and if Cliff Lee can win his first start, the Rangers will do good enough to get Lee a second chance and that is where the Rangers will close out the Yankees.

Phillies in 7

This should be an interesting series. SanFran has the edge in pitching; Philly has the edge in offence. I got to pick Philly to win this though, they have a better all around team, and they have more experience in the post season than SanFran dose.

Yankees in 5

Yankees have a better all around team, and should have no trouble with the Rangers. The Rangers walk a lot of people, and with a very patient team like the Yanks, this could really hurt them. With the exception of Lee, no other pitcher on the Rangers impresses me and the big bats of New York should eat them up. With Lee not pitching until game three, this will only help the Yanks more, and should finish them off quickly.

Giants over Rangers in 6

The Giants are far more well balanced overall than the Texas Rangers, and their pitching is by far better than the Rangers. All the games are going to be tight in this series, that's just how San Francisco plays the game. San Francisco will take advantage of homefield, and close things out at home (I got tickets for game six, I'll be the asshole in the Padre jersey), giving the West Coast a long overdue World Series championship.

Rangers in 6

I just can't go against this offense, even with the rotation the Giants have. Plus, I don't know if the Giants can keep the scoring up like they have. It'll come down to pitching, and if Lewis and Wilson can pitch they did against a much, MUCH better offense in NY, I don't see why they shouldn't win. I'd take Lee in his two starts against anybody, even Lincecum. Hamilton will continue to be deadly and the Rangers will win their first championship ever.

Rangers in 6

The Rangers made me a true believer for the way they handled the Yankees. Not knocking the performance by the Giants either, as they look very good too. I just feel that the Rangers are just truly the team to beat now. With the way Lee shut down the powerhouse Yankees, theres no way the Giants will be able to hit him either. Hamilton, Kinsler and Cruz will continue to hit well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back