More than an NWO vs DX storyline missed in 2002. The Four Horsemen.

Attitude

Getting Noticed By Management
Do you guys remember in 2002 Stone Cold was involved in a rivalry with Ric Flair. Eddie Guerrero was involved and was suppose to have a match with Stone Cold at King of the Ring before Austin walked out on the company. Arn Anderson was getting some air time too with Ric Flair. Chris Beniot just returned and attacked Austin. That night we saw Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Beniot. Did WWE miss out on a huge storyline to bring back the Four Horsemen?

Think about if the NWO didn't break up and DX returned. Hogan could returned to the NWO. You could have had Hogan, Hall, Nash, X-Pac, and the Big Show. Shawn could of split from the NWO and reunited DX with Triple H, and Billy Gunn who was still Wrestling. We could of seen at Survivor Series Team DX vs. Team NWO. Then we could have Seen Team Horesmen vs. Team Austin- Stone Cold, Bradshaw, Kane, and The Undertaker?(Undertaker because he was in the rivalry to).

It could have led up to The Four Horseman vs. Dx or the Four Horseman vs. the NWO. By Wrestlemania we could have switched gears and had the Austin vs. Hogan match at WM 19 when Austin reignited the fued with the NWO.

What do you guys think?

Yeah 2002 was a big year. The Invasion was over and there was still momentum even though the actual storyline blew chunks compared to how it could have gone.

The company had talent issues. Shawn wasn't back full time and Austin was at his worst. There was of course a bloated roster with a lot of very average talent.

While a Horseman / DX storyline could have been interesting, what new stars would have come out of it? Eddie was still fighting demons and any rub he got from Austin would have been short-lived. Not to mention Nash was in poor shape and Hall was not in working condition either.

And of course the Austin/Hogan match would not have happened because of the egos going on. It's amazing that Hogan laid down for The Rock even though Hogan's ego would not actually allow Rock to be properly put over.

While it would have been intriguing, I dont think the egos of the talent you talk about would have been able to work together consistently for a long period of time.

<<<And of course the Austin/Hogan match would not have happened because of the egos going on. It's amazing that Hogan laid down for The Rock even though Hogan's ego would not actually allow Rock to be properly put over.>>>

Another typical Hogan basher. Give it up. How did Hogan's ego not allow The Rock to be properly put over? He LOST to him at WrestleMania. In a huge return match that I think he should've won. Was it Hogan's fault that 70,000 people in the Sky Dome wanted him to win? And that the crowd didn't like The Rock the same way the fans today don't like Cena? Please explain....If I remember correctly he didn't get the clean win against him at No Way Out a year later either....Hogan has put plenty of people over in his career. But he's smart about it. And to succeed in entertainment you do need some sort of an ego. Especially when you're the biggest wrestling star of all time. If he didn't have an ego he wouldn't have been Hulk Hogan and we'd all still be watching wrestling matches in High School gyms instead of in 75,000 seat venues...

To be honest, I wouldn't have wanted to see the Horsemen in the WWE. It wouldn't feel right. During this time, they were grasping at straws to find things that would work, because the invasion angle bombed badly. Austin wasn't happy with the company and it was getting rather tense during that time. That being said, there was no missed opportunity to have a Horsemen faction in the WWE. Arn Anderson couldn't wrestle, Flair wasn't active during this time, and Benoit and Guererro would only make up two of the four needed. Who else would you get?

So no, this wasn't a missed opportunity. It was the only thing the WWE did correctly during this time.

<<<And of course the Austin/Hogan match would not have happened because of the egos going on. It's amazing that Hogan laid down for The Rock even though Hogan's ego would not actually allow Rock to be properly put over.>>>

Another typical Hogan basher. Give it up. How did Hogan's ego not allow The Rock to be properly put over? He LOST to him at WrestleMania. In a huge return match that I think he should've won. Was it Hogan's fault that 70,000 people in the Sky Dome wanted him to win? And that the crowd didn't like The Rock the same way the fans today don't like Cena? Please explain....If I remember correctly he didn't get the clean win against him at No Way Out a year later either....Hogan has put plenty of people over in his career. But he's smart about it. And to succeed in entertainment you do need some sort of an ego. Especially when you're the biggest wrestling star of all time. If he didn't have an ego he wouldn't have been Hulk Hogan and we'd all still be watching wrestling matches in High School gyms instead of in 75,000 seat venues...

Well said. Hogan's the man. Ya know I was watching SummerSlam 2005 last night when he beat HBK and my mate said Hogan refused to lose etc but when I watched the match I realised if Hogan had've lost it would have been devastating the crowd were so into him and for me it wasn't like Shawn had to win either, he wouldn't have gained anything from it. Plus call me old fashioned but isnt the hero supposed to prevail?

On the topic subject I like the idea but Hogan was too popular to be heel thats why they took him out of the nWo. But as a huge fan of wrestling stables I would have loved to have seen this feud. It would have been interesting to have Austin and Hogan on the same team and then after the feuds ended Hogan vs Austin could have happened.

Im very happy this didnt happen, so many people are stable nuts, and that seems to be all they talk or care about, there is no need for 3 or 4 diff stables running around, it mucks up the shows, and if u made a bunch of stables with already established and mostly past their primes guys it really wouldnt have done anything for them to be battling each other, those are the guys who should be workin with the up and comers, and makin something of them, happy this didnt happen.

there are soooooooooooooooo many things wwf/e did wrong during the early 2000's, i don't even know where to start.

but an easy feud would have been hall and nash vs. hbk and triple h. they could have had x-pac as the special ref and made some kind of storyline about who he was loyal to since he was in both nwo and dx, and since they were all friends backstage, they probably wouldn't have too many issues about lying down for each other or whatever..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back