New York Region, St. Louis Subregion: First Round: (3) Kurt Angle vs. (30) Finlay

Who Wins This Match

• Kurt Angle

• Finlay

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the New York Region.

This match takes place in the Scottrade Center, St. Louis, Missouri.

front.jpg

#3 Kurt Angle

kurt_angle-0.jpg

Vs.

#30 Finlay

finlay_90394t.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Sorry Finlay, but Kurt's got your number in so many ways its hard to keep up.

Kurt is a machine. No one can touch him when he's going Olympic on somebody's ass.

My vote: "The Olympic Machine" Kurt Angle

^ Agree with the previous post. There's no way Finlay should even be here, let alone beating Angle. I respect Finlay for the work he's done establishing the Women's Division, but against Angle? Yeah right.

Angle by Ankle Lock.

Kurt Angle has to go over here easily, but Finlay isn't a push over for anyone and that includes Angle. Though the vote will likely show Angle going over in a squash, Finlay would definitely give Angle a good run for his money. This would be a hard fought match with some very entertaining stuff and stiff shots, but in the end Angle goes on to the next round.

I voted for Angle and I can't see any reason to do anything different. He is superior to Finlay. But I will say something good about Finlay. He is a hard worker and on certain nights would take Angle to the limit.

But at the end Angle would either make him Tap Out or would get the pin with an Angle Slam.

Easily Kurt Angle's match.

Finlay would get a few offensive moments in, maybe some punches and kicks, but Kurt would just suplex him to shit and lock in the always brutal ankle lock. I can't see a way Finlay would win this unless it was no disqualification and he got hornswoggle to throw his shalinglong or whatever in there, but that's a very thin chance.

4 minute sub for Kurt Angle.

Not Kurt's ideal first round opponent someone else with a more technical background would have been better.

Finlay would thump him a bit and wear him down which would hurt him in later rounds but yea Kurt makes Fit tap.

Finlay deserves some votes here... but not one from me. Angle is a favorite to win this whole thing, IMO. Finlay's game here and would beat up Angle something awful.. but Finlay's bad back and limited move set would do him in.

Angle wins with an Angle Slam and Angle Lock in about 10 minutes.

Finlay is one tough son of a bitch, and he can bring the pain no doubt about it, but he cannot compete with the best wrestler in the world, and one of the most intense competitors I have ever seen.

Kurt Angle is a wrestling God, he has ever tool you need to beat any wrestler in the world, no matter their style or size.

Kurt would soak up the punishment from Finlay, then nail him with his multiple German Suplexes, belly to belly and then Anklelock for a convincing victory in 9 minutes.

Might be off the beaten path, but Finlay is one of my favorite wrestlers. He was a knock-down, drag-out brawler who wasn't afraid of anything, and that includes an ankle lock.

Angle, on the other hand, is a much more legit badass. The man won an Olympic Gold Medal, and would tear Finlay apart, in each and every way. Angle shouldn't lose to more than 5 or 6 guys in this tournament, and that includes my favorite Irish wrestler. Sorry, Finlay.

Sorry Finlay, you are a great wrestler and you have a good vision/knowledge of how the business works. However, that's nothing compared to Kurt Angle's credentials including "winning an olympic gold medal with a FREAKING BROKEN NECK!" That being said, this is another good warm up match for Angle. Finlay taps out to the ankle lock.

Kurt, I love ya and I know your gonna breeze past my Carrickfergus man but I'm still giving Dave my vote. As a nice turn around in cliché he catches you on the top rope, drops you on his shoulder and performs the Celtic Cross from the middle rope for the 123.

If this match turns into a brawl I will give Finlay more of a shot at winning, but it still won't help him. Angle is well versed in all sorts of matches and he definitely knows how to brawl. Angle will make this a technical battle and that is his specialty. Angle will hit the slam and lock on the ankle lock, if Finlay doesn't tap, then expect another angle slam or for Finlay to wind up with a broken ankle. Kurt wins.

Lousy luck for Finlay here. As much as I've always liked and respected him, there's just no logical reason to vote for him here against someone that's superior to him in every significant way.

Overall, Kurt Angle is one of the best to come along..well really ever. He has the skills in the ring, the skills on the mic, the personality, the legit toughness and legit accomplishments as an amateur wrestler that nobody can touch, including an Olympic gold medal. Sorry but Finlay is just too outclassed here.

Angle should win this one. Finlay never makes it easy on his opponents, but, he usually does not win either. These two will more than likely steal the show with a 25 minute classic that ends after the third Angle Slam

Finlay was unfortunate in that he never really came through until he was too old to get any sort of serious push. I'm sure he'd but up a fight here, as he always did, but in reality, there's little he has in his arsenal that would put Angle away. Finlay comes out all guns blazing, but is eventually subdued by Angle, and goes back to making the divas less shit.

Bad luck on the draw here for Fit Finlay. There are lots of guys he could have been pitted against who I would have easily picked him to beat. A tough and solid in ring competitor, a no nonsense guy who would likely give Angle all he could handle, but in the end, even with assistance from the ever present and powerful Hornswoggle, Angle goes over clean here. Angle just brings too much to the table. Too much offense, too much mental toughness, and too much grit. As much as I hate to say it, Finlay is tapping out to the Angle Lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back