Nirvana vs. Alice in Chains (Unplugged)

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
Now frankly, I don't give a shit if you like Nirvana or Alice in Chains more so that is why you feel theirs is better or not, oh wait, my point is which you think is better, so perhaps that would go hand in hand. Just a thought. Anyway, simple thread, and one I know a few poster's answers to, and hope this can create good conversation, and possibly a few debates.

So, Unplugged do you like or think is better? Alice in Chains or Nirvana? I'll post two videos, one of each, and you all can post others if you want to.

[YOUTUBE]Ikdg3hJXEYE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lzz4zrn71cY[/YOUTUBE]

Personally, I prefer Alice in Chains Unplugged. I just love the sound that they have when playing regularly, and "unplugging" them still sounded fantastic. Nirvana, while still being the band they are, more of their songs just didn't hit me and make me want to listen to them a ton. Translate that to acoustic version, still just not as great to me as Alice in Chains'. Now this is just my opinion and I love Alice in Chains more than Nirvana. So take that as you will. I'll add more later on though.

Which do you prefer? Nirvana? Or Alice in Chains?

Alice in Chains by 10 miles.

I think they made the better transition from "plugged" to "unplugged." Jerry Cantrell is an amazing guitarist. Just listen to his work on "Over Now" below. He also possesses some nice vocals which can blend and carry Layne Staley's voice at the same time.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g3hqP29fQCo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g3hqP29fQCo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I would have to go with Nirvana although it is very hard to decide, personally Nirvana's Unplugged CD is one of my favorite Albums of All time. I just loved the whole sound of it in general and the set up and order of the songs. Although Alice in Chains was probably more or better suited to play acoustically, I still prefer Nirvana. Although most of favorite songs from Nirvana Unplugged would be the ones they covered, such as this one.

[youtube]4xHl-P_arVA[/youtube]

I thought both unplugged's were really good but gun to my head and I have to pick one I think I would choose Alive in Chains. For some reason their songs just flowed better on acoustic instruments to me. Don't get me wrong Nirvana killed it as well on their acoustic set but I could listen to the Alice in Chains Unplugged way more often the I could the Nirvana one. This interesting considering I am a huge Nirvana fan, but oh well Alice in Chains is a killer band as well.

This is a tough one because these are two of the greatest bands of all time but i have to go with Nirvana i mean Nirvana Unplugged is one of the top ten cd's of all time. I still get chills when i listen to Nirvana Unplugged. Kurt Cobains vocal were so Beautiful and Chilling at the same time and in my opinion Nirvana is the greatest band of all time i mean hell i even named my dog cobain.

Alice in Chains is a great band also i saw jerry cantrell live and it was awesome he's probably technically a better guitarist and singer then Cobain but its not all about talent it's just that kurt cobain just brought out so much emotion in me and i felt connected to Nirvana's songs but they are both amazing bands and i can't wait to see both of them in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I prefer Nirvana. Alice in Chains was good (first time listening to them actually) but I just prefered Nirvana, I believe Nirvana's songs went well with unplugged. Kurt's vocals seemed more emotional compared to Layne Stanley (I think that's who it is) while the instrumental on Alice in Chains was better, Kurt's vocals made my choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back