No ECW House Shows Taking Place After November

Status
Not open for further replies.

realblackhart

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Well as the ECW board goes down so do the ECW house shows. This is from The Wrestling Observer:

In a bit of breaking news, WWE has made the decision to have no more ECW house shows taking place after the end of November. Also, WWE.com has pulled the listings for all scheduled ECW house shows for December and beyond. Rest assure, the television tapings will still continue. Also, the ECW wrestlers' feuds will be taking place on RAW and SmackDown brand house shows.

No reason was given for this sudden change, but it can probably attributed to the dismal attendance that ECW house shows usually draw. ECW house shows tend to average a paltry amount of people for WWE standards - usually 1,000 or so on average. On the other hand, RAW and SmackDown house shows tend to draw 3,500 or so on average.

What do all of you think this is attributed to, is it the attendance, is it the fact that maybe ECW will be no more this December (you never know with Vince). If the title is on the line at Cyber Sunday and Big Show loses it what happens at the December PPV. The new ECW has been around since June, word is that the house shows have pretty good matches, and provide a decent show (if you read the house show reports). You can see guys like CW Anderson, Steve Richards, The FBI, and Danny Doring. These guys rarely show up on tv if at all, does this mean that those guys would be released soon. Because if you are planning to have ECW matches at RAW and Smackdown house shows then they would only shocase the topstars. That's an idea I'm not to fond of, if they are thinking of pushing ECW in any way shape or form. This won't help ECW by any means. I like the new ECW, it can use a 2 hour format, or even a 90 minute format. Sci-fi likes ECW too, but the rating were better when the show was live. Most of the most recent episodes have been pre-taped. Regardless of the obvious idea that ECW is not EC'Fn'W I believe the new breed so to speak had or has some hope. I don't hate Knoxx anymore, I like Thorn and Punk and Test isn't awful (this past week he was). Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer and RVD are the base of this thing and I don't see them getting anywhere either on RAW or Smackdown with the exception of RVD. This is their place to shine, to put on a show and draw an audience both at the event and and home and have people choose to watch ECW over RAW and Smackdown. The ratings aren't as high as they used to be and that's attributed to people like Kevin Dunn, John Laurinaitis, and of course Vince. You can add Steffany to the mix in a couple of weeks too. These people wanted this to be an internet show, I'm sure Sci-fi is happy that WWE made the choice they did. If they are not having live solo shows, and not having house shows that worries me. You can't have all thse guys wrestle among RAW and Smackdown house shows, there are gonna be guys that are going to be left out. Maybe they'll start fresh in January, but if this is any indication of what's to come, then December to Dismember might be the last we see of the "New Breed" ECW. That's my opinion, what's yours.

I think the only reason for them being takin off is due to the attendence.. I read somewhere that a House Show is Tuscan or w/e only had like 7,000 plus people in it.. That really isnt good in WWE standards.. I dont believe its going to be the last of ECW, due to how much Sci-Fi loves it.. But it isnt a good sign.. They may just wait till they get a longer show and actually can have some decent fueds going into PPV's and etc.. We'll just have to wait and see...

PauLwaLL said:
I think the only reason for them being takin off is due to the attendence.. I read somewhere that a House Show is Tuscan or w/e only had like 7,000 plus people in it.. That really isnt good in WWE standards.. I dont believe its going to be the last of ECW, due to how much Sci-Fi loves it.. But it isnt a good sign.. They may just wait till they get a longer show and actually can have some decent fueds going into PPV's and etc.. We'll just have to wait and see...

I agree, this isn't the end of ECW. The attendence was terrible so they may have been losing money and thinking they moved on with it to fast. Maybe they will just wait until its popularity goes up and there is more of a demand for it nationwide, right now there isn't that much. But after that strip poker embarassment, I haven't watched it.

ecw isn't a big enough draw this is why they wont have house shows

this is stupid. Who is Vince tryin to appeal too with this new ECW. If u call it ECW then y not actualy have ECW. What i mean is y call it ECW when all u do is have regular wrestling matches n regular wwe guys hold the belt? If he wanted to appeal to the ECW fans y is he tryin to change it? If he wanted to revive a brand y not WCW. I mean that is basically what he is trying to make ECW. By not focusing on one group he is going to shoot himself in the foot. (alright so i got a lil of topic, sue me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back