NWA news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
this thread is to discuss news for the NWA as well as NWA sanctioned events,so no spam. You can post cards as long as you say what you think of the Card that the event has.

Posted fro Wrestezone
NWA Signs Exclusive Media and Merchandising Deal
05/16/2007 by Will Hengelbrok

The National Wrestling Alliance, the oldest and most respected organization in the professional wrestling industry, has signed an exclusive 5 year deal with Big Vision Entertainment, one of the fastest growing independent entertainment companies and the leader in independent wrestling distribution.

Big Vision CEO Houston Curtis said, "We pride ourselves on bringing the best quality content to our fans and consumers and for almost 60 years, the NWA has been the measuring stick for quality in pro wrestling. Growing up a fan and watching NWA superstars both on TV and live in person, it is with great excitement that we enter into this deal and look forward to taking the NWA brand to new heights."

The deal, which comes on the heels of the NWA stripping the TNA Wrestling organization of the NWA titles and name, calls for Big Vision to act as the NWA's media partner for home entertainment, Pay-Per-View, emerging technologies such as digital downloads and Video-On-Demand, and merchandising as well as television development and distribution.

Robert K. Trobich, Executive Director of the NWA, said of the deal, "I am tremendously excited to be launching this relationship with Big Vision Entertainment. The NWA has always been on the cutting edge of bringing forward the best talent in professional wrestling. Together with Big Vision as our media partner, we will deliver that talent to wrestling fans around the globe."

The NWA has enjoyed continuous international exposure over the past 5 years as part of their agreement with the TNA organization. During this time, the NWA has continued, separately from TNA, to promote events across the world including in the United States, Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Australia, and throughout Europe. NWA Pro Wrestling shows have been the most successful independent wrestling shows in the United States in 2007 drawing more fans and box office dollars than any other independent wrestling organization.

The first BVE/NWA project will be the upcoming tournament to crown a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. The 16 man tournament will take place as part of NWA sanctioned events throughout North America beginning on June 2nd and conclude with the crowning of a new Heavyweight World Champion in September. Big Vision will release a Special Edition 2-disk set titled "Reclaiming The Glory: NWA World Title Tournament" in stores worldwide in January. Big Vision will also be releasing two recent major NWA Pro Wrestling events "Copa De Lucha" (street date September 25) and "Fiesta Lucha" (street date October 30) this fall.

In addition to acting as the NWA's media partner, Big Vision will be looking to the NWA for development of talent for their current and upcoming professional wrestling projects including future seasons of Wrestling Society X.

This could be a good thing for NWA to have the media deal with BVE, as long as Wrestling Society X is not pushed on the NWA to prmote, but as far as the NWA having a DVD and other Media partner this is good.

when i first read that i immediately thought NWA:WSX. Without mtv's input i m sure the cheesy elements would be gone and the fast paced high action wrestling could shine through and being affiliated with the NWA would bring some credibility.Hopefully it's more than just a dvd distribution deal and WSX will come back.

NWA has brought a lot of promotions to the top like TNA, WCW and etc. Instead of NWA:WSX I thought of NWA:ROH. Since ROH just got a tv deal I thought this would be like NWA:TNA but more focused on wrestling. ROH reminds me a lot of NWA, not mainly focused on angles/storylines but more over there wrestling quality.

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1179871648.shtml

NWA World Title Tournament Announcement

Dr. Keith Lipinski - Tuesday, May 22 2007 - 6:07 PM

Charlotte, NC (May 21, 2007) – The National Wrestling Alliance® is pleased to announce the following participants and locations and the first round match ups for “Reclaiming the Glory: The NWA™ World Heavyweight Championship Tournament presented by Big Vision Entertainment.” The tournament will take place at events across North America and begins Saturday June 2, 2007 from three (3) locations.

Saturday June 2, 2007
Cornelia, GA – www.nwa-wildside.com
CHAD PARHAM Vs. “MR. MID-ATLANTIC” DAMIEN WAYNE

Thayer, MO – www.cswwrestling.com
AARON AGUILERA Vs. “SCRAP IRON” ADAM PEARCE

Salyersville, KY – www.nwabluegrass.com
“SHOOTER” BRENT ALBRIGHT Vs. OSAMU NISHIMORA

Saturday June 9, 2007
Phoenix, AZ - www.risingphoenixwrestling.com
FRED SAMPSON Vs. GLAMOUR BOY SHANE

Saturday June 16, 2007
Vancouver B.C., Canada – www.eccw.com
“THE BOMBER” NELSON CREED Vs. “THE AMERICAN DRAGON” BRYAN DANIELSON

Danvers, MA – www.necwwrestling.com
PEPPER PARKS Vs. CLAUDIO CASTIGNOLI

Saturday June 30, 2007
Lebanon, TN – www.nwatop-ropewrestling.com
ROUGHNECK RYAN Vs. SICODELICO, JR.

Quincy, MA
MIKEY NICHOLLS Vs. FERGAL DEVITT

The NWA™ Board of Directors selected the participants and Executive Director Robert K. Trobich will supervise the tournament. For more information about these events and the NWA™ please visit nwawrestling.com.

Youtube.com announcement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceh05zzTQU4

Good work on getting this. It looks like quite a few decent match ups in the first round, If they are showing the entire lot of match ups on DVD at a later date it will be worth getting the DVD just for some of the matches alone.

Okay so some of the First round Matches have been held. Heres a quick recap of what has happened and who has won in the NWA Heavyweight Championship Tournament. These are First round Matches. If anyone actually went to any of the shows and can give a better description than I can give based off of the limited details that the NWA have given out.

claimnew.jpg

So what do you guys think of the Results so far? Im pretty sure we can determine that Adam Pearce is probably going to make it to the final four, In most likely hood to face Brian Danielson. And it also looks like Brent Albright is also going to make it to the final four.

My Picks for the Final four are, Brian Danielson, Adam Pearce, Claudio Castagnoli and Brent Albright. These seem to be the most well known Wrestlers in there and it wouldbe a smart decision on the part of the NWA to have all of thse four in the final four. It'll still probably be a Brian danielson Vs. Brent Albright final as I predicted in the Thread about who should be the NWA heavyweight Champion based off of the YouTube videos.

Here is the last result that we have right now
claim6907.jpg

This guy is going on to face off against Brent Albright in the next round. If anyone knows anything about this guy can you post it in here.
Here is what the NWA have listed about this guy.
fredfact.jpg

Here are the latest results in the Tournament for the NWA Heavyweight Championship.
claim61607.jpg

Both of these matches were fairly predictable on the result, For those of you wondering, any of these guys that work for Ring of Honor, if they win the NWA title Ring of Honor don't plan on acknowledging that they are holding the title. Here is the latest bracket for the tournament.
brackets2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back