NWA Powerrr

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
After watching so much wrestling last week and be disappointed with most of it as RAW wasn't great, NXT was the same old NXT, AEW pretty much blew their chance with me as the second hour was so awfully booked that i turn me off the product and Smackdown was the only thing worth watching but i'm not getting my hopes up that it will be that great every week. So last night, The NWA release the first episode of NWA powerrr on youtube and let me tell you something, i fell in love with wrestling all over again. This is what Wrestling should be, guys that take the business seriously and don't need to over do it to get over. Great unscripted Promo that you can actually believe and get suck in by what they are saying. Commentators that actually go out of their way to call the action. Imagine if they had the budget that AEW as with the tv deal that they have how even better the NWA would be.

Anyway, i really can't praise them enough, if you're a fan of Pro wrestling, you really have to watch this show because the product is above and beyond what anybody else is producing right now.

Bit late to reply but I'm with you, NWA Powerrr is the only current wrestling I'm watching now.

WWE is a shadow of itself, NXT doesn't do it for me and AEW feels like every match is the same.

Where AEW feels like its trying to be WCW (in the Nitro days), WWE feels like its a crap version of what it was and NXT feels like they need to turn the lights up NWA Powerrr has that old school vibe that's bringing that nostalgia, but it also feel fresh with a complete vibe of its own. Also been a Father of two time is precious having to only give up one hour a week is also a benefit of the NWA. I don't begrudge anyone that enjoys the others but for me NWA is where its at.

The latest episode of NWA Powerrr (Episode 19, "Strictly Chaos,") was another outstanding episode - this one better than most.

I love the talent in the NWA. They can wrestle, but they can also talk and think for themselves. The promos aren't heavily scripted, just guided (they give the wrestler a direction to go in and let them fly).

Powerrr is one of the highlights of my week.

I really wanted to enjoy NWA and was hoping for the best for them because I think it would be great if they could return to their former glory, but afte4 a few episodes it’s apparent that they will be nothing but another small time indie promotion.

I really wanted to enjoy NWA and was hoping for the best for them because I think it would be great if they could return to their former glory, but afte4 a few episodes it’s apparent that they will be nothing but another small time indie promotion.

The fact that there is room for another promotion, one with the nostalgia NWA has, is good for fans, wrestlers and the business.

Man if I was allowed to watch youtube, (I'm in Afghanistan government computers don't allow streaming.) I would love to give it a look, thanks for the tip though I'll be sure to give it a look the second I have YouTube access.

It's been years since I have enjoyed any pro wrestling on TV. I've mostly been getting my wrestling fix from the Independent scene. NWA Powerrr (while not actually a TV show) has really brought me back to looking forward to watching pro wrestling on the screen again.

It's been years since I have enjoyed any pro wrestling on TV. I've mostly been getting my wrestling fix from the Independent scene. NWA Powerrr (while not actually a TV show) has really brought me back to looking forward to watching pro wrestling on the screen again.

I think the retro look it has, being filmed in studio, the old school face/heel, the history of the NWA title, even having the likes of The Rock N Roll Express on the roster all adds to enjoyment of watching Powerrr.

We must accept the fact that the NWA will NEVER return to it's former glory of being the governing body of professional wrestling. However it does have a place in today's wrestling scene. That of being the home for nostalgia and old school feel. No other widely viewed company is offering that (save for an occasional spot show) and I think that the NWA was wise to go in this direction. This way they don't have to return to their former glory but instead will remind everyone of their former glory.

Yeah it's smart from them bringing back The Jim Crockett Memorial Tag Tournament, it triggers the minds of Old School fans and will cause intrigue from newer fans even to search online about it.

WWE, AEW, Impact, ROH, MLW, NWA. Barring this pandemic it's been a good time to be working in the industry.

One thing that I don't like about NWA Powerrr was the decision to bring back the television championship. I get the nostalgia of it but, the TV title is such an outdated concept.

For one thing, the NWA doesn't even have TV at the moment. Second, the purpose of the TV championship was to give the viewing fans that ONE AND ONLY championship match each week. If you wanted to see the real championships being defended you had to buy a ticket. But today EVERY championship is defended on TV. So what exactly is the TV title holder the champion of?

Since the belts had near identical designs, I would have instead brought back the 80's National title belt. If they really felt that they needed another singles belt, I would have reinstated the North American championship instead of the TV title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back