NXT Takeover: R Evolution

DCLXVI

Getting Noticed By Management
So it just dawned on me that tonight is the show I've been waiting for for a while - the NXT Takeover show! Here is the card as advertised by WWE:

"NXT Championship Match
Adrian Neville (c) vs. Sami Zayn

NXT Women’s Championship Match
Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks

NXT Tag Team Championship Match
The Lucha Dragons (c) vs. The Vaudevillains

Hideo Itami & Finn Bálor vs. The Ascension

Plus, witness the long-awaited NXT debut of Kevin Owens!"

Does Sami banish himself from NXT and go to WWE, or finally get the championship? The feud between Adrian Neville has been long winded to say the least. Charlotte is now being booked on WWE TV and Sasha Banks has only been getting better and better... does she drop the title to Sasha? The Vaudevillains have had more time to hone themselves as a tag team, have obviously gotten a lot of time put into the production of their promos and super over with NXT fans... do they get the titles from The Lucha Dragons (hasn't been a long run)? Hideo & Finn Balor vs. The Ascension should be great... and finally, how does Kevin Owens debut? Scathing promo about how its his time or an actual match?

Thoughts, predictions?

True, Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn has been somewhat dragged out, but I'm still more interested in that match than just about anything in WWE. I think we'll see Owens cut a promo, only to be interrupted and challenged to a match. I don't see the Vaudevillains winning the titles, especially since every other champion in NXT past or present has held their respective belt(s) for a minimum of, what, 5-6 months? I don't see the Lucha Dragons being the exception. If they are bringing Charlotte up then now is the time so I do see her losing the title, however Big E and Seth Rollins were still NXT champion when they debuted on the main roster, so who knows?

I say Zayn finally wins the title. He cant keep being booked to lose. I just really hope Owens doesnt interfere. This match deserves a clean finish and about 25 min.

I would love to see the Ascension win where Itami or Balor goes heel but I dont think now is the time for that to happen. I hope Itami branches out a bit more because I havent been impressed with his NXT work

I hope3 Sasha Banks pulls off this win. Really theres not many nxt divas ready to enter this feud

Vaudevillans should win. I dont know why but I dont have alot to say lol

I hope Steen starts with an open challenge and Tyson Kidd comes out. Im sure it would be more of a competitve match than a squash. He wants to fight, we'll see a fight

Bummed enzo cass and breeze arent on the card

Am I the only one disappointed in him? His flying kicks into the corner are weak. His back hits the mat before he touches his opponent taking all the force out of it. Also weak on character and size.

I am looking forward to tonight's show a lot more than TLC this sunday. It shouldn't come as a surprise, but I feel like I won't even care about TLC at all after Takeover. It's obvious Neville vs Zayn is going to tear the house down and Ascension vs Balor/Itami is going to be great as well. I would like to see Balor turn heel on Itami sometime down the road though. Maybe even dub himself Prince Balor and become an arrogant prick.

I myself have not been impressed by Itami at all yet but he is probably still adapting to the WWE style and seems very limited because of it. I don't think I have seen him do anything but kicks. It's still early though and I see Balor making the main roster before Itami just because he seems like the more rounded performer. Ascension will lose and probably debut in the coming weeks to challenge Miz and Mizdow or whoever the tag champs are.

Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville is a very hard one to call. Sami could lose and therefore end his career in NXT but that doesn't put much stock in him considering how much he has lost this year including multiple failed attempts to capture the NXT title. How are we supposed to believe he can win a title in the supposed "big leagues" if he can't even win the developmental one?

I see it being a feel good story by winning the title and carrying it for a few months until maybe Kevin Owens can take it from him and Sami can debut after Wrestlemania. Adrian could drop it and go up to the main roster but with the road to wrestlemania season coming up I feel like he would get lost in the shuffle very easily.

It's pretty unpredictable but that's what I love and it should be an outstanding show.

Awesome show and definitely my favorite NXT event so far. There wasn't a single bad match and all the right wrestlers won in each match. Owens' debut was done extremely well from his match against CJ Parker to celebrating with Zayn, to the heel turn at the end. The Lucha Dragons needed their retention, as did Charlotte. Corbin continued his dominance. Then we had Finn Balor's stellar entrance in his match with Hideo Itami against The Ascension. Absolutely amazing, both the entrance and the match. Zayn VS Adrian for the NXT Championship was the match of the night with Zayn finally getting the big win he's been seeking for so long followed by a cool celebration amongst his peers before the Owens turn. This is a must-see show that I recommend for anyone who missed it, you will not regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back