[OFFICIAL] BIG VAN VADER HQ

I'm not the biggest Vader mark, and I don't think a big guy should win this tournament, BUT I will say he is the best big guy there's been in WCW/WWF and he's up there with the other guys I'll be backing for this tournament.

WOW - So a Vader HQ was created and ran 3 pages and I wasn't, in any way shape or form, involved in it!?

I feel like I've reached a new height in my WZ career...between that and showing up the other day seeing JGlass as a mod intern, I may just stop showing up because great things happen...

I remember your "fatties" thread from last year. I was almost tempted just to repeat that, but I figured I'd leave some of the other big guys to push, if you wanted.

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHTS FTW!

VADER VS BOB ORTON

09.jpg

VS

10.jpg

Can you say "squash match", baby? Bob Orton, Jr. is probably best known to newer fans as Randy Orton's cowpoke father. Older fans will remember him as the stooge who cost Piper his match at the first Wrestlemania against Hogan. Nobody in their right mind remembers him for any of his other contributions to pro wrestling. His highest achievement beyond regional titles in the states here is being part of the WWE's Hall of Fame (Class of 2005).

Bob doesn't have a chance. His biggest run came off of one of those "look I have a cast on my arm, but I'm using it as a weapon" gimmicks. Spending about 4 years in the WWF is the most exposure this guy got until his son came into the picture almost 20 years later. Vader, meanwhile, was booked to destroy champions in both Japan and WCW. WWF used him as a valid threat to their own top guys like HBK and Undertaker to help get them over, successfully.

From a kayfabe perspective, Bob Orton Jr. was never a threat to anyone except possibly his own stablemates (ask Orndorff). He rode on Piper's coattails and floundered after that ride was over. This is the guy who let Adrian Adonis force him into wearing a pink cowboy hat. Being a stooge won't help him here. Vader has always been a more violent and capable competitor than Orton, and it's not even close.

Tomorrow, the polls will begin. When you get to "Vader vs Bob Orton", be sure to do the right thing: VOTE VADER.

DirtyJosé;2864650 said:
I remember your "fatties" thread from last year. I was almost tempted just to repeat that, but I figured I'd leave some of the other big guys to push, if you wanted.

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHTS FTW!

<3

We're brothers from fat mothers, my friend. (not calling your mom fat, mind you, just turning phrase.)

I've only been here for this tournament so far, but is it fair to call this the biggest squash of all time so far? I mean 63-0 on the first 2 days of voting. Someone please tell me if there's ever been one like this.

I could see Vader going very far. Obviously this is an easy win for him, but if there are this many people backing him he might make it to the end.

Go Vader.

Too soon to say for sure, but it's looking like Vader has had the most one sided and dominant match up of the entire first round of the tournament. That's what I like to see. The Mastodon thanks you.

NEXT ROUND: CRYIN' BRIAN PILLMAN?

Vader is a beast and a father figure. I would rather tell my son the story of how a big pissed off Texan nearly punched out my eye socket in a match in front of 30,000+ people than the story of Jack and Jill. Vader cannot bore you with his offense.

If anyone with any significance can come across Vader in this tournament, it would possibly be "The Lariat" Stan Hansen. That match-up will be tough. I would keep my eye on that.

As I mentioned earlier, I see Lou Thesz as the first real threat that will come Vader's way. Hansen though, yeah...no joke about him. That'll be a fun match if it happens.

It's almost touching to see everyone agree on something here. I wiped away a tear. We all joined hands and collectively said, "Bob Orton? Na."

Yeah, we all had fun voting for Vader to tear off Ace's arm right off his socket and beating him with it. It wasn't even a contest, it was a massacre. The next round won't be any different. Brian Pillman won't be strolling through this tournament after coming close to winning against Rick Martel.

BEWARE THE VADERSAULT PILLMAN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back