[OFFICIAL] Nature Boy HQ: WOOOOOO

Seems than a better argument than "Ric Flair would win cause he's Ric Flair."

Also, one could argue that Flair's best match ever was actually in 2008, so he was far closer to his prime than you may think.

Seems than a better argument than "Ric Flair would win cause he's Ric Flair."
I don't understand why people keep saying it's the argument. It's not. Ric Flair has a history of being able to take tons of punishment but still win. That and in he was a member of a Four Horsemen, so he'd have 3 people helping him win this match. Batista doesn't get help from anyone. I'm pretty sure Batista stands no chance when he's up against four people.
Also, one could argue that Flair's best match ever was actually in 2008, so he was far closer to his prime than you may think.
Being able to put on one good match within the period of 5 years is far from prime. When Flair was in the NWA winning championships was his prime.

Ya, I'm sure no one would be there helping Batista except for HHH, Orton, Rey Mastrio, D-Von, Synn, and Ric Flair himself. Playing the stables game simply doesn't work.

Ric Flair also had a good match in 2005.
Two matches. It doesn't matter. There is absolutely no way of saying Flair over 50 is Flair in his prime. He wasn't winning singles titles or being the leader of a faction that dominated. In Evolution, he was the "past" as in "he's no longer really relevant but we're keeping him here because he's a good mentor."
Ya, I'm sure no one would be there helping Batista except for HHH, Orton, Rey Mastrio, D-Von, Synn, and Ric Flair himself. Playing the stables game simply doesn't work.
Don't the words "I walk alone" appear in his entrance theme? Probably wouldn't be getting help from anyone, but to humor you HHH would help Flair more then Batista. Orton probably wouldn't help. If he did, he'd also help Flair, as in he'd RKO the both of them. Rey wouldn't be enough to help take down the Four Horsemen. Reverend D-Von never happened. I'm not familiar with this Synn so I doubt that would matter. And bringing up Flair helping Batista beat Flair is not only an impossibility, but again is just flat out stupid.

Flair won a singles title in 2005. I didn't read the rest because I don't respect being lied to.

Flair won a singles title in 2005. I didn't read the rest because I don't respect being lied to.
I pluralized it for a reason. The Intercontinental Title was a bit of a joke. He beat Carlito for it. Carlito is almost the lowest you can go, Santino being the lowest. That was his singles title. So you weren't being lied to, you were just to dense to comprehend the difference between singular and plural words.
Synn was a female manager in OVW
I just looked up who Synn is, and my response was "her?" You'll understand if you're an Arrested Development fan.

You pretending Carlito wasn't a serious midcard prospect in those days is actually hurting your case. But facts seem to be this camp's kryptonite, so I shouldn't be expecting so much.

You pretending Carlito wasn't a serious midcard prospect in those days is actually hurting your case. But facts seem to be this camp's kryptonite, so I shouldn't be expecting so much.
Good or not, you've just proven that Flair wasn't in his prime with that bolded word.

Everyone takes time out to do midcard charity work.

You're talking about a man who was involved in the main event of WrestleMania that year. Honestly, just stop while you're ahead.

Everyone takes time out to do midcard charity work.
Not a man in his prime. A man in his 50s who came back to help put over younger talent would though. Which is what Flair was at the time.

You're talking about a man who was involved in the main event of WrestleMania that year. Honestly, just stop while you're ahead.
Wasn't he just in the corner of Trips that year? I don't quite remember how that match played out, but Flair wasn't wrestling, so that's what really matters. He was managing, doing what he's best at post 50.

And thanks for realizing that I'm well ahead of you in this argument.

Men in their primes certainly take time out to help the midcard. Hunter and Orton were both feuding with Carlito a year after this and John Cena did charity work with Show and Miz this year. HBK and Undertaker feuded with the likes of Chris Masters and Ken fucking kennedy. What are you watching? It's clearly not wrestling.

Flair was still in his prime in 2005. He was in the top feud on Raw after winning the Intercontinental Championship, had World Championship match to conclude his feud with Edge shortly after that, and then had a dream feud with Mick Foley.

Yeah, Flair wasn't in his prime. *I'm rolling my eyes at your stupidity*

Flair was still in his prime in 2005. He was in the top feud on Raw after winning the Intercontinental Championship, had World Championship match to conclude his feud with Edge shortly after that, and then had a dream feud with Mick Foley.

Yeah, Flair wasn't in his prime. *I'm rolling my eyes at your stupidity*
The man didn't win the World Championship, did he? He wasn't the top dog. His skin was flabbing around. Being older then 50 means you're not in your prime. You're not able to wrestle like you could in your 30s. Flair was not in his prime. You're just being ignorant or blindly supportive of Big Dave if you're going to believe that Flair over 50 is Flair in his prime.

On the other hand, you're a Miz fan. So your opinion regarding anything is highly suspect.

Coco just said Ric Flair was still in his prime at 50 years old because he won the Intercontinental Championship.

You're joking me right? You have to be. Because I've never known any athlete in any sport to be in his prime at 50 years old. When we talk about 'primes' we talk about their peak physical condition and when said wrestler was at their best. Flair was at his best from 1983-1995. After that, he was being jobbed out to Hogan and whomever else Bischoff wanted him to be laying down for. He became a shell of his former self, and despite him having success as a singles and tag wrestler in his 50's, he wasn't the same wrestler he was in the 80's and early 90's.

The fact that I didn't touch on it in the match thread should tell you if I'm joking.

The fact that I needed to point that out is surprising in its own right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back