Official WWE Network: Issues, Reviews, News And Notes *Spam Rules Apply!*

RomanReignsWWE

Dark Match Jobber
WWE Acknowledges Network Issues

WWE has acknowledged current issues fans are experiencing when signing up for the WWE Network by posting the following on Facebook:
-WrestleZone

"Please be patient if you're ordering WWE Network as we're experiencing extremely high demand. Your order will be processed as soon as possible."
-WWE.com
Apparently users are having trouble subscribing to the WWE Network at the moment.WWE is working on fixing the problem.I think now that launching it early was a good thing now.Now they don't have to worry about that big embarrassment at 11:05 tonight.I just wanted to let you all know before you try to subscribe to the WWE Network.

Also WWE has sent out the Chris Benoit warning
"The following program is presented in its original form. It may contain some content that does not reflect WWE's corporate views and may not be suitable for viewers. WWE characters are fictitious and do not reflect the personal lives of the actors portraying them. Viewer discretion is advised.

You can block access to this program and others like it using the Parental Control feature in your WWE Network account settings."
-WWE

MOD NOTE: This is non-spam, guys. Questions, lists, and one sentence posts are all considered spam if you do not provide a reason behind what you are posting. Spam will be deleted and you risk getting an infraction.

Great that wwe included the greatest technical wrestler ever and one of my all time favs chris benoit in the wwe network. So many benoit matches I want to see: benoit vs jericho ladder match, benoit vs rock fully loaded, benoit vs angle rr, benoit vs austin sd in benoit's hometown, benoit vs hhh vs hbk (both of them)...
Thank you wwe.

I thought it'd be a good idea to have all WWE Network reviews, news and notes in one thread so those who have yet to sign up know what to expect. And others can post their experiences so far.

1. It will take a bit to sign up. So many people have been signing up, you'll get a "Be Patient" sign. It took me about 30 minutes to finally get in and pay.

2. You do only pay $9.99, not the $60 like myself and others thought. You also get the option to check "Renew Automatically" after your initial 6 months is up.

3. I personally went straight to ECW and the picture quality is very good. As HD as you could possibly get considering what's out there for free right now. Some videos take a bit to load.

So far, so good. I like it for the ECW PPVs alone. You might get some error messages, especially if you sign up today. But keep in mind 10s of 1000s of people are trying to sign up at the same time.

Don't get frustrated. Just keep trying.

RomanReignsWWE also posted this about Chris Benoit footage:
"The following program is presented in its original form. It may contain some content that does not reflect WWE's corporate views and may not be suitable for viewers. WWE characters are fictitious and do not reflect the personal lives of the actors portraying them. Viewer discretion is advised.

You can block access to this program and others like it using the Parental Control feature in your WWE Network account settings."
-WWE

Yeah I signed up for the 1 week trial. To my surprise, it didn't ask for credit card info. Everything I've tried to watch has been unavailable due to a "media error". They won't be getting my money until the kinks are worked out.

It has been a bit of a disaster for me so far today with timeouts on sign up but having worked on big online launches in the gaming industry myself I know how these things happen.

Give them a few days to sort things out and I'm sure all issues will clear up

Has anyone been able to watch any videos? I keep receiving a "Media Error: Video not available" on every video, including the Vince McMahon welcome message.

It has been a bit of a disaster for me so far today with timeouts on sign up but having worked on big online launches in the gaming industry myself I know how these things happen.

Give them a few days to sort things out and I'm sure all issues will clear up

I knew it was going to be slow. They can have the biggest servers in the world and they'd still have problems just from people signing up all at once.

Once I was able to get in all my info, it was a breeze.

I had to enter all my Info,credit card but it said i wont be billed until 3/3/2014. I was able to sign up,but I cant watch anything. No past video's,PPV's,it keeps bringing me back to the original page to sign up again after i already have. They need to fix these Kinks asap

so you know if u have a wwe account you can get to the access screen whether or not you have a subscription however under account if it says no subscription available your confirmation didn't go through for the 1 week free trial or buy now, I have had errors at the credit card info where it shows it hasn't gone through and I get the same message that is why.

Honestly though if they were expecting this I would've made the network available last night after the pay per view and had all the bugs worked out by now, 3 hours of problems that will keep getting worse as people get out of work will make this one hectic launch,

Yeah I've been trying since 11 and I can't get anywhere. I have entered all my information several times just for it to say it couldn't process. I don't see why they let people sign up before, like start after raw last week or after the chamber last night. They could have easily avoided this. I hope WWE fixes it fast because if they have this problem when fans are trying to watch Wrestlemania, this could be a disaster.

I think we'll all agree this was entirely foreseeable, and I'm not hopping mad because of that, but why not let people sign up early, say throughout the last week? I haven't been able to sign up at all. Every time I get to the part where you finish entering your information and move on to the billing information, it simply never loads, eventually timing out. Pretty annoying and seems like the sign up problem was avoidable.

Finally i got it able to load! Its intense and going to be worth every penny! Hell the PPVs alone will take you a year if you watch one a day to catch up on! Well worth the price,and wait. Be Paitent

I think we'll all agree this was entirely foreseeable, and I'm not hopping mad because of that, but why not let people sign up early, say throughout the last week? I haven't been able to sign up at all. Every time I get to the part where you finish entering your information and move on to the billing information, it simply never loads, eventually timing out. Pretty annoying and seems like the sign up problem was avoidable.

I can see your point, but this would never be avoidable regardless. They could have said "Sign up all week," but people still would have started doing it that very first day.

I think it will get worse as the day goes on with people signing up once work and school is over. I don't see any big deal between signing up today or the end of the week. I just did it just to do it. But if it had gotten as bad as where you are, I would have simply waited.

BTW, the site had timed out for me a bunch of times to. I just kept on trying until I got through.

Wait, there is no way to record/save anything from the network? One of the things I was most excited about is having the opportunity to download PPV's to my computer. I understand this is a "streaming" network and others like Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc... do not have download/save capabilities but I thought this would be different.

I thought it would be a lot like paying a monthly subscription to say an adult website, where you get to actually download the videos. Sorry that I had to compare this with that but it was the first thing that came to my head.

Seems the only way you could legit record anything is the old fashioned way- using a screen recording software but between the lags and encoding issues that method always has, it isn't worth it.

Wait, there is no way to record/save anything from the network? One of the things I was most excited about is having the opportunity to download PPV's to my computer. I understand this is a "streaming" network and others like Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc... do not have download/save capabilities but I thought this would be different.

I thought it would be a lot like paying a monthly subscription to say an adult website, where you get to actually download the videos. Sorry that I had to compare this with that but it was the first thing that came to my head.

Seems the only way you could legit record anything is the old fashioned way- using a screen recording software but between the lags and encoding issues that method always has, it isn't worth it.

I don't think you can no. I see nowhere in the video page itself that has a download button. And I never heard once anyone mentioning you can download any of the content.

If you have access to it through so many means (computer, gaming device, tablet, etc), I'm not sure why you would need to download it anyway.

Only reason you would would be to give it to someone who doesn't want to pay. WWE wouldn't allow that.

I signed up with minimal problems, but haven't been able to watch anything. The 5 second clip that contains the TV rating plays, then nothing. Is anyone else having this problem.

As someone from Canada I am please to say I easily signed up to the network and it is running smoothly, something I did not count on.

I don't think you can no. I see nowhere in the video page itself that has a download button. And I never heard once anyone mentioning you can download any of the content.

If you have access to it through so many means (computer, gaming device, tablet, etc), I'm not sure why you would need to download it anyway.

Only reason you would would be to give it to someone who doesn't want to pay. WWE wouldn't allow that.

No, no. I just like owning things. I have a complete Netflix subscription (for rentals, blu-ray included, streaming) but I still go out and buy a DVD or BluRay of a film or tv show I really want. I like having hard copies of things, that's all.

Something minor I noticed is that there's no way to see the loading bar during the on demand content.I tested WCW Bast at the Beach 2000 and ECW Hardcore Heaven 1997 and they're working fine however the live stream is not working at the moment.Speaking of ECW there's only like 5 Hardcore TVs from 93-94, they said all of them will be available.There are only 7 RAWs from 93, 2 from 98, and the first SD episode.

Can anybody tell me why i get a user or password unrecognized on my 360? I have signed up

According to the main site, the reason the Xbox version of the Network won't work is because it's only available to those with a Gold Account, anyone using a free account can't use the Network. Bit of a joke if you ask me.

EDIT:

From WWE.com
In order to experience WWE Network on the Xbox 360, you must have an Xbox 360 with an Xbox Live Gold subscription, and be a WWE Network subscriber.

as of 1:30 EST I have finally gotten onto the network! I went through internet explorer like someone else suggested and it said at first it didn't process bur when I checked my subscription it had my credit card info so check your subscription info on your WWE account before attempting multiple times.

I want to say I am slightly disappointed that none of the Nitros or Raws are available yet but thats to be expected, however I am happy that it looks like the content is based on first run, and not editing from like coliseum video or through wwe home video. ECW Heatwave 98 had all language in contact and watching WM6 so far it looks like some segments that were cut from VHS version to help allotted time made it back in its original first run so hopefully everyone enjoys this as much as I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back