Original v. Cover: Take On Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Simply put the 80's pop of A-Ha vs. the Ska of Reel Big Fish

Here is the original, sorry about the quality I have yet to find a decent version of it.

and here is the cover

Straight up here I like the cover more. It just is more fun than the original. I know the video for the original is better but the song seems more fun and better constructed as a ska version, its better able to be understood what the lyrics are actually saying than the original. not to say that the original is bad. i just prefer the new one.

Shadow, whatever video you posted is wrong. I'm pretty sure Fozzy didn't cover Take On Me...

Either way, I don't see how anything could beat the original. The video is a little kooky for me, but it's still a good song. Whether it's in a movie, on the radio, or randomly placed on a mixed CD, it's nice to listen to. No one will change the station when it comes on. We all have some sort of fond memory with that song involved...

There it is fixed now, and you would surprised by the Reel Bug Fish version than NSL. I truly think it is the superior version of the song and anyway both versions shit on the Jonas Brothers.

That's a tough one Shadow. I love me some Reel Big Fish, saw them a few months back with The English Beat (GREAAAT fucking show). Take On Me isn't one of my favorites from them, but it's certainly very, very good. I'm a fan of A-Ha's original as well. Tough, but I'd probably lean towards RBF's cover, simply because ska always puts a big fat silly grin on my face.

I truly think it is the superior version of the song and anyway both versions shit on the Jonas Brothers.

Not bad. I like it, but I think I still prefer the original. Maybe it just needs a few more listens.

simply because ska always puts a big fat silly grin on my face.

Have you ever seen anyone listening to ska, and pissed off at the same time? NO! It's impossible. This is why I can stand tall and say I had a blast at a No Doubt show. I also found that the ska bands had the biggest crowds at Warped Tour. Ska is the answer to world peace.

I wish you guys would make these original vs cover threads polls so I don't feel obligated to make a non-spam post about it. Like, now for instance. I like the cover better. I don't have any non-spam argument as to why. I just... like the cover better. No particular reason.

So to keep this post from being spam and getting me infracted, I'll point out that ska is awesome and always has been, and that LTJ and RBF and MMB are great bands that can be handily abbreviated. Also, I like acronyms. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back