Police: Double Amputee Shoots Walmart Manager For Asking Him To Put Leash On Service

Moon Knight

Original Prince of Darkness
http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2013/03...amputee-for-not-having-leash-for-service-dog/

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A double amputee shot a Walmart manager Saturday after he was asked to put his service dog on a leash, Anchorage police said.

An off-duty police officer who was shopping at the time detained the suspect as he was trying to leave the store, said Anita Shell, a police spokeswoman.

Daniel Pirtle, 45, was questioned at police headquarters and charged with assault and misconduct involving a weapon. He was jailed and cash only bail was set at $50,000.

The manager, 33-year-old Jason Mahi, underwent surgery. Shell said Saturday night that she didn’t have any details on his condition.

According to police, the man entered the store in a motorized cart at about 3 p.m. and went the sporting goods section. Mahi asked him to the put the dog on a leash or leave. The man then pulled out a gun and shot the manager in the abdomen, police said.

Officers removed the man’s prosthetic legs and put him in the back of a patrol car, the Anchorage Daily News reported. They held his dog in the back of another police cruiser. An officer said she was driving the dog home.

The newspaper reported that the store remained open despite the violence, with many shoppers unaware a shooting occurred. Crumpled police tape sat behind the gun counter in the sporting goods section.

This is one of two stupid stories of gun violence Sunday. This smells of Post-traumatic stress disorder. Not sure I find it hilarious the other shoppers didn't even know anything happened.

Really wanted to find a stronger source. Going with this being true, where did he get that damn gun? Is WalMart so lazy up there that it would allow somebody so easily to get a loaded weapon? Or did he just walk in there with it? Ugh, confusing it is so easy in this country for this crap to happen. But to hell with gun regulation...Right GOP?:disappointed:

I see people all the time that have a license to carry and most of them do carry. I saw a guy that had one strapped to his leg with his pants covering it. The only reason why I saw it was because the guy rolled his pants leg up to show me. Now why people would go to Walmart during the day with a gun strapped to his leg baffles me. Are you going to a drive-by afterwards? This definitely screams of PTSD but it doesn't say whether or not the guy was a vet.

Being that it's America, I'd hazard a guess that the guy likely legally owned the gun and used it because someone 'offended' him.

Are employees allowed to carry guns with them while working?

Sadly no. I don't own a gun to begin with. I'm more of a blade person myself so I carry a knife on me at all times. But I'd get fired for it if anyone knew. We're not allowed to have any kind of weapons on us at all.

I thought that was the case...so why are shoppers allowed to carry weapons in to stores?

Well we can't really stop them from carrying. If we don't see it on them there's nothing we can do. You really don't know they're carrying until they pull it out and fire. With Walmart as long as they have a carrying license then there's nothing we can do. We don't have metal detectors or anything like that so we don't know that they have anything. It's scary especially when you work at night.

Whoa whoa whoa, this didn't happen in "'Mucia", this happened in Alaska. They're their own brand of crazy up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back