Rank the 2019 Money In The Bank competitors

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
Every year, i try to figure out who is going to win the money in the bank match and i always rank the competitors based on how they are booked in the last few months before the event. So i thought it would be fun to write my thought about this years competitor and how i rank them and let other fans do the same.

So here how i see this year competitors for money in the bank from the less likely to win the the most likely

Men’s mitb

Ali: he lost so much momemtum since he got injured and he’s pretty much just there for the high spots.

Randy orton: pretty much just there because of his name.

Ricochet: babyface high flyer, with 2 babyface champions they won’t put him over and like ali, he’s just here for the high spots.

Finn balor: mid card name might get a shot but again with 2 babyface champ and with being on the same brand as reigns, i doubt he will win

braun strowman: this year won’t be the year of strowman, he a strongmen and will be there for the big man spots only

Andrade: might get a shot this year plus the fact that he got send back to smackdown on the request of fox means that he will be put in a top position by the year’s end.

Baron corbin: like it or not, wwe likes him and like pushing him as a top heel so i wouldn’t be surprise if he wins this

Drew mcintyre: this feel like the next program for rollins after he’s done with aj styles and they have been booking him to be a top heel on raw so for me, he’s the odds on favorite to win this.

Women’s

Dana brooke: don’t even know why she’s in that match, i know that she had a couple of big victories on main event but let face it, nobody watch main event and i wouldn’t be surprise if she’s taken out before the match start,

Carmella: again nothing against her but she pretty much became a comedy act now and i don’t see them pushing her hard again.

Natalya: again another one that there mostly to make this match passable and help some of the others less experience performers to get through the match without getting injured.

Ember moon: nothing against her but never was a focal point of the company and this won’t change now

Alexa bliss: might get the win for a second time but with the fact that they are protecting her so much i don’t see her getting much in this match.

Noami: again she might have some chance of winning but she doesn’t have the company behind her right now so it’s a longshot

Bayley: right now for me, it’s between her and mandy as who will win this match. The only reason she might not get the win is if they don’t want to turn her.

Mandy rose: she the most logical choice at this point, she a great character and a pretty descent wrestlers, would cut some great promo with the briefcase and would be a breath of fresh air in a women’s division that quite frankly as been boring and predictable for a while now. Plus imagine how annoying corey graves will be if mandy wins.

So if i have my way, i would give the men’s briefcase to drew mcintyre and the women’s briefcase to mandy rose unless they take dana brooke out and replace her with sasha banks then sasha wins the briefcase and turn heel on becky after becky beats charlotte and become smackdown women’s champ.

I'd give it to Finn Balor for the men, and either Alexa Bliss or Mandy Rose for the women. Balor could hold the briefcase for a while, then at a big PPV (maybe Royal Rumble) lose his Intercontinental Championship in the opening match, then cash in MITB to be added to that night's WWE Championship match, turn it into a Triple Threat, and win it. Cashing in on a weakened champion wouldn't suit his character. As for the women, Alexa DESPERATELY needs a big push to get back on track after suffering squash losses to Ronda and then missing so much time while injured. I'd have her cash in on Charlotte and move over to SmackDown, which has the much stronger field of challengers. Have Alexa hold the title for a long time, and lose it right after a big win at WrestleMania, which she needs badly.

Men's
1) Drew McIntyre - With Lesnar out for other than spot performances Raw needs a new top dominant heel. McIntyre wins the MIB and then cashes in during the Rollins vs. Styles match. This puts Rollins & Styles in chase mode during the Summer with one of them challenging McIntyre at Summerslam.
2) Finn Balor - can he finally get his big push again??? Balor vs. Kofi at Summerslam would be amazing
3) Andrade - a budding heel star for sure
4) Randy Orton - if you wanted to spike ratings on Smackdown have a heel let Orton stable take out New Day and Orton become the champion. Orton, Nakamura, & Rusev maybe???
5) Mustafi Ali - great future star but not ready for a World Title yet a year removed from 205 live
6) Ricochet - he should have some great spots but he's not the right call this year
7) Baron Corbin - the ultimate antagonist but he doesn't need this right now
8) Braun Stroman - His MIB win last year was great early but the failed cash in with the false finish vs. Reigns after Lesnar's interference really ruined his momentum. From PPV Main Events to the Andre Battle Royal at Mania???

Women's
1) Bayley - If Becky drops the Smackdown Title to Charlotte she is the top face to challenge the queen on the blue brand.
2) Ember Moon - I think she could be a star given the right opportunity.
3) Mandy Rose - she is budding star for sure
4) Alexa Bliss - could get her back going again after all the time off
5) Natalya - only if it's a heel turn though, her character needs a change
6) Naomi - is it time for her to get another push? Not so sure
7) Carmella - she has improved greatly but has already won it.
8) Dana Brooke - no, no, no. Bad Mic work and not very fluid in the ring either

I'm pretty disappointed with the participants this year to be honest. They could have definitely done a better job of picking the competitors for the ladder matches. But this is how I would rank them.

Men's MITB:

1. Drew McIntyre

He's the clear cut favorite in my opinion and the one who makes most sense. SummerSlam just has Rollins vs. McIntyre written all over it if you ask me. Drew should be the one to move into Lesnar's spot as the top heel on Raw.

2. Andrade

I would prefer to see him feud with Balor for the IC Title before diving right into the main event, but I can see it happening because Smackdown is kind of low on main event heel talent.

3. Sami Zayn

The fact that they're throwing him into this match at the last second is the reason I'm ranking him so high. Not to mention it's easy to imagine a scenario where Owens beats Kingston for the WWE Title and then Zayn decides to cash in on his best friend rather than go after the Universal Championship.

4. Baron Corbin

I personally don't see what Vince sees in the guy, but we know he does see something so you have to at least rank him in the top half. There are a lot more qualified guys to be in this match than Baron, but apparently they're nowhere near giving up on him.

5. Randy Orton

The Viper is just kind of thrown into this match because he doesn't have anything else going on. After losing to Styles at Mania, he's just kind of floating around out there. He's just in the match to deliver an RKO spot from the top of a ladder.

6. Ali

If this match were taking place 3 months ago, I'd have Ali ranked no lower than 2nd. But now I don't think he really deserves to be in the match at all.

7. Finn Balor

It annoys me that the Intercontinental Champion is even in this match instead of defending his title and being involved in a meaningful feud. It seems like they do this every year. Why not just throw Samoa Joe in the match too? Once again the IC Title feels worthless. Balor should be ranked higher, but my wishful thinking that they have enough common sense to not even consider giving the briefcase to a guy who already has a championship is the reason I have him ranked next to last.

8. Ricochet

He's in this match for the sole purpose of delivering big spots as a high flyer, period. You can't take him seriously as a championship contender at this point.

McIntyre, Andrade and Zayn are the only ones I'm looking forward to seeing in this match. The other 5 spots could have been occupied much more wisely. Some guys I would much rather see in this match include The Miz, Robert Roode, Cesaro, Shinsuke Nakamura, Rusev and Daniel Bryan (if he weren't a tag champion).

Women's MITB:

1. Ember Moon

She's my pick to win this thing, but there's no clearcut favorite in this match to me. Alexa Bliss was actually going to be my pick to win it a 2nd time before she was replaced. I can definitely see Charlotte beating Becky for the SD Women'sChampionship and then Ember setting her sights on that title.

2. Mandy Rose

It's very easy to see Mandy Rose winning this as well and being pushed into the top heel on Smackdown if Charlotte loses to Becky. They've been teasing a split between Mandy and Sonya lately, so that's the only reason I don't have Mandy Rose as my favorite. I can definitely see Sonya costing her the match.

3. Bayley

She's a total toss-up in this one in my opinion. Perhaps they had big plans for her and that's why they didn't let her tag team title reign with Sasha last long. On the other hand, she could just as easily be overlooked yet again.

4. Nikki Cross

I don't really know anything about her, so I can't say she has no chance. They let her take Alexa's place instead of some more obvious names they could've gone with, so that tells you she's definitely in the running.

5. Natalya

I don't expect much out of her. She's really just in the match as a sign of respect for being the oldest veteran on the roster. I'd be shocked if she won.

6. Naomi

Another one I really don't expect anything out of. If women like Asuka, Kairi Sane or Peyton Royce were available for this match, Naomi would likely not be included.

7. Carmella

The same thing goes for her. She's not going to win it 2 years in a row. She's been completely forgettable since losing the Smackdown Womens Title and being paired with R-Truth.

8. Dana Brooke

She has absolutely no business in this match and can't be taken seriously whatsoever.

The top 4 are the only women I would give any chance of winning whatsoever. I would rather see names like Asuka, Kairi Sane, Sonya Deville, Sarah Logan, Mickie James and Ruby Riott get a chance than any of the women I have listed 5-8.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back