Ready For The Cruiserweight Championship

Hero_Kid

Dark Match Winner
Now when HHH first became COO it was speculated he was ging to do three things 1 being revive the tag team division 2 being sign some Cruiserweight styled wrestlers and 3 revive the Cruiserweight division Now he some what did numbers 1 and 2 but still havent carried out the 3rd

Im ready for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship to return i think it would be a great move and give another title for guys who are stuck on the lower midcard like A-Ry, Santino,Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel. It just doesnt give another title to go after it also give talents something to do which will save them from being Future Endeavored due to lack of tv time.

I personally loved the C division they had very interesting matches and storylines. What are your thoughts

Do you want it to return??

Who would you add to the roster

Is the Cruiserweight championship worth bringing back

If you like please REP ME.....THANKS

I would like to see the cruiserweight championship make a comeback. Some people I would like to see in the division are tyson kidd, justin gabriel, sin cara when he comes back, daniel bryan, trent barreta, and maybe some other guys. Im surprised they havent brought it back already. It would be a great way to build up new talent, and give some guys tv time to get them over with the crowd.

Now when HHH first became COO it was speculated he was ging to do three things 1 being revive the tag team division 2 being sign some Cruiserweight styled wrestlers and 3 revive the Cruiserweight division Now he some what did numbers 1 and 2 but still havent carried out the 3rd

Triple H (who is not COO in reality) should be focusing on hiring tallented people in general regardless of their weight. And bringing back the CW division is stupidity in the worst way possible. 5/6 of the male titles are held by cruiserweights, and sticking them in their own division just makes it harder for them to break out and rise to the top.

Im ready for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship to return i think it would be a great move and give another title for guys who are stuck on the lower midcard like A-Ry, Santino,Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel. It just doesnt give another title to go after it also give talents something to do which will save them from being Future Endeavored due to lack of tv time.

First off, A-Ry isn't a Cruiserweight, he's 240 lbs. Second of all Santino is a comedy jobber. He doesn't need a title. Ever. Thirdly, Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel don't need a cruiserweight division to show off how good they are or prevent them from getting fired. Both are simply outstanding in the ring, and they regularly prove it on WWE's internet shows (and occasionally SD). Tyson's got mad technical skills, while Gabriel's pretty much the thinking man's high flier in that he's got rediculously good psychology and has changed his style twise to better fit his role in the company. Give them something to do and chances are they'll do enough to make it worthwhile.

I personally loved the C division they had very interesting matches and storylines. What are your thoughts

I think it's a waste of a division that does notihng more than limit potential matchups and inhibit legit tallents like CM Punk from reachging bonafide Main Event status.

Do you want it to return??

Hell no.

Who would you add to the roster

Tallented people who may or may not be cruiserweights.

Is the Cruiserweight championship worth bringing back

Fuck no.

If you like please REP ME.....THANKS

I did. You don't mind red, right?

I would like to see the cruiserweight championship make a comeback.

Why? It's not like Cruiserweight vs Cruiserweight matches are rare or anything (see also: Epico vs Bourne, Kidd vs Gabriel, Punk vs Ziggler, Ziggler vs Ryder and Miz vs Morrison). It's not needed and it just makes it harder for cruiserweights to rise to the top of the company if that's where they belong.

Some people I would like to see in the division are tyson kidd, justin gabriel,

I addressed those two above.

sin cara when he comes back

Yes, let's put a proven international draw in a division that is booked by definiton to be inferior to all the other divisions as it can only be contested for by smaller people.

daniel bryan,

Yes, let's put Daniel Bryan a guy who's taken world champions to their limits and is the current SD MitB holder into a division that appears by default to be inferior to all the others as it can only be competed for by smaller people. That would make him appear to be credible if he faces opponents such as Mark Henry or Big Show.

trent barreta,

He won't make it through another roster cull. He's not being used, he's bland and he brings very little unique to the table. Sure he's very tallented, but so are most people who make it to WWE. What does he do that nobody else does?

Im surprised they havent brought it back already. It would be a great way to build up new talent, and give some guys tv time to get them over with the crowd.

Which they don't need a division for. If WWE wanted to get near damn any cruiserweight on the roster over, all they'd need to do is give him time every week and tell him to have some good, exciting matches. Which they can all do. A CW division is the last thing they need because if they do get over, and over enough that they warrent a higher card placement they'll still have the black mark on their record book that would make people thing they're nothing more than a cruserweight and that's where they belong. Bringing it back is a terrible idea, and it will always be a terrible idea.

No, here's why, it devalues the wrestlers.

the audience sees the title as a lower class title. "cruiserweight" is a restriction and the audience equates size with credibility. If you are a cruiserweight guy, it implies that you wouldn't hang with the big guys. it doesn't draw because no one likes to watch what they feel is a lower level of competition. It's why MLB draws more than AAA and AA and A+ and A and Rookie League.

Instead of having an official cruiserweight title, which basically says 'these guys aren't good enough to fight the bigger guys', which the WWE audience has pretty much always disliked anyways, just put more of a focus on them.

Besides, a LOT of guys they have now would be considered cruiserweights 10-20 years ago.

Between Kotre & TWJC, every reason for a Cruiserweight Division not to return and probably won't return has been given. Among American fans, at least the majority of them, limiting wrestlers based upon their weight has never really clicked.

For years, people have inaccurately claimed that Vince only likes or pushes big guys. It's a crippled, tired argument that's been used time and time again mostly by fans who aren't seeing their favorite wrestlers pushed. To me, fans who want to see different weight divisions are the ones that are ultimately trying to enforce that perception. If you say a 212 pound CM Punk, who would be firmly in the "Cruiserweight" ranks isn't "believable enough" or "has the right look" to go against someone like 255 pound John Cena, you're just completely ignoring the most important aspects of a wrestler, namely talent, in favor of cosmetic image.

Look at the WWE roster in and of itself right now. Of all the male wrestlers currently on the main WWE roster, I'd say a good 50% of them weigh in the 200-225 pound range. When half your roster could be technically classified as "Cruiserweight" you con't need a Cruiserweight Division.

Pro wrestling isn't a "real sport" so perception is reality. If you portray specific talents, whether in how they're booked, how they're used in certain angles as a means of classifying them as not being good enough to take on guys who are bigger stars in your company; then that's how fans will eventually see those wrestlers.

the cruiserweight title needs to make a come back as soon as possible it would be a very good title to have on both raw & smackdown and for people id like to see in the divison id say justin gabriel,tyson kidd,jtg,trent baretta,sin cara (when hes back),hunico (sense it seems primo & epico are gonna be the team of this stable) and heath slater because i think hes got untapped talent (dont belive me? watch the first season of NXT again) i know someone said a-ry but honestly he wouldnt fit in with the style but when hes back....id say put rey mysterio in the divison and let him work matches and put over the young guys there...id like to see a match at mania 28 with justin gabriel,rey mysterio (if possible),tyson kidd and trent baretta for the title with justin gabriel being the first champ i mean come on a cruiserweight title match to open mania would be pretty good!

the cruiserweight title needs to make a come back as soon as possible

No it doesn't. The lack of a special division hasn't stopped 5/6 of the men's belts being held by cruiser's at this moment in time. If WWE wanted to have a bunch cruiserweight wrestlers wrestling eachother then they could pair up Ziggler with Ryder, Rhodes with Gabriel, Air Boom with Primo and Epico and Punk with Miz. These matches are all, ya know plausible matches without having a cruiserweight division.

it would be a very good title to have on both raw & smackdown and for people id like to see in the divison id say justin gabriel

Doesn't need it.

tyson kidd,

Doesn't need it.

Worthless

trent baretta,

Meh.

sin cara (when hes back),

Injured and doesn't need it.

Doesn't need it.

(sense it seems primo & epico are gonna be the team of this stable)

They split from Hunico and don't need it either.

heath slater because i think hes got untapped talent (dont belive me? watch the first season of NXT again)

Jobber and no he doesn't. Don't believe me? watch his FCW stuff. His only selling point is that he sells well, and that's not exactly desirable when choosing to push someone.

I know someone said a-ry but honestly he wouldnt fit in with the style

He's also not a cruiserweight. Jesus Christ.

but when hes back....id say put rey mysterio in the divison and let him work matches and put over the young guys there...

He's a former world champion. Why would he decide that instead of working in the main event, that he'd much rather confine himself to the cruiserweight division?

id like to see a match at mania 28 with justin gabriel,rey mysterio (if possible),tyson kidd and trent baretta for the title with justin gabriel being the first champ i mean come on a cruiserweight title match to open mania would be pretty good!

And they could have a cruiserweight match to Open Wrestlemania with any title. That's what makes the idea of reviving the division so utterly moronic.

Also, learn to use full stops and capital letters, dumbass.

I'm in two minds about this.

It would bring more talent into play and the cruiserweight matches were always entertaining (well at least I think so)

I'm not sure because Cruiserweight wrestling is kind of a blast from the past. It is a valuable part of WWE/WCW history and that's where it belongs. Bringing it back could tarnish it's legacy.

I'm in two minds about this.

It would bring more talent into play and the cruiserweight matches were always entertaining (well at least I think so)

Tallent like Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, CM Punk and Cody Rhodes? Yeah, those vanilla midgets need sure their own title to be relevent. Cruisers make up most of the midcard.

I'm not sure because Cruiserweight wrestling is kind of a blast from the past. It is a valuable part of WWE/WCW history and that's where it belongs. Bringing it back could tarnish it's legacy.

Dolph Ziggler vs Zack Ryder: Cruiserweights wrestling. Air Boom vs The Colons: Cruiserweights tag team wrestling. Miz vs CM Punk: Cruiserweights wrestling for the WWE title. Clearly the legacy of the cruiserweight division is in tatters. They haven't been shoehorned into a division to prevent them from wrestling for top titles.

Look at the roster. Almost all of the wrestlers are cruiserweights which leaves brodus clay, big show, john cena, mark henry, taker , kane, sheamus, triple h, kevin nash(unfortunately), jack swagger, ezekiel jackson and wade barrett for the heavyweight category.

Jack and Big Zeke aren't really over with the crowd so they're out. Taker and Kane might spend time feuding with each other. Nash might text himself again to do some crappy shit with HHH. Like some speculate Sheamus will feud with brodus, we're not really sure about the Show-Henry feud which leaves the title to be competed with John Cena and Barrett. And if Cena wins, the IWC will be raging and there will be some **** complaining about introducing the cruiserweight category preventing punk and ziggler from being the champion.
Therefore reintroducing the cruiserweight championship is pointless in my opinion.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong about reintroducing the championship

Its a bad idea.. WWE has enough titles, and you are basically eliminating any smaller guy from being a world champion. If their was a cruiserweight division... Daniel Bryan would not be world champion right now.

No. Hell no. Why anyone would want to see a championship brought back only to be devalued and brought down to the relevance of the diva's division is completely beyond me. WWE never truly invested in the cruiserweight title. Just about every other promotion on the planet has better cruiserwight action than the WWE. Let the Dolph Ziggler's, Cody Rhodes', Zack Ryder's, Daniel Bryan's, CM Punk's, Kofi Kingston's, and Evan Bourne's continue to grow and become what the WWE is all about today. A cruiserweight title would only hold these stars back. It's a fake sport. Why put limits on weight/height?

I think that the Cruiserweight Title should be brought back, and open to ANYONE under the weight limit regardless of their current position on the card. This way, we can see Trent Baretta going up against the likes of The Miz or a Tyson Kidd vs. CM Punk match up, thus proving that cruiserweights CAN hang with World Title caliber opponents.

Much like how Chris Jericho held the IC Title between World Title reigns, you could have someone like Miz or Bryan do the same with the Cruiserweight Title

I think the talent is there, and the need is definitely there... Will it happen? I highly doubt it. For now guys like Sin Cara are just used as gimmicks to make the crowd pop in the middle of the show when things are dying down. Trent Barretta, Curt Hawkins, and the lot are rarely used at all, and for now I'm ok with that. Sure I WANT to see them, and I think they'd be a hell of a lot better than the Mahal/Sheamus squashes that they keep feeding us. But there's a lot of good going down in the WWE right now, and I'd say give it at least until after WrestleMania to start clouding the scene with another division to focus on. They'd also need legit writers to focus on that scene. I don't want to see a return of the Cruiserweight title, if they're just going to put on gimmick matches and not let them actually perform and get involved in real feuds.

Reviving the division doesn't mean they have to bring back the Cruiserweight title, and if it did, do you really think that the Cruiserweight title would have any merit in WWE? For starters, it would take the title reigns from guys like Ziggler, Kingston, and others who are cruisers and would be restricted to that division. Plus, it's already hard enough to find room for IC/US title matches with other storylines butting in the way for PPVs. Do you REALLY think that the title would make it anywhere past Superstars for a title defense?

With guys like Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, Primo, Hunico, Epico, Jimmy & Jey Uso, Justin Gabriel, etc. the cruiserweights are in the WWE and are getting fairly decent exposure in the past few months... and like most cruisers (with the exception of a few) they serve their purpose of being popcorn wrestlers, not that that's a bad thing.

Second of all Santino is a comedy jobber. He doesn't need a title. Ever.

I'm sorry, I fail to see the evidence that supports your claim here... For starters, Santino's held the IC and Tag titles thus far in his career as a "Comedy Jobber". Second, Zack Ryder (another "comedy jobber") just became United States Champion. Goldust is one of the best IC Champions of his time, and he's been known as a "comedy jobber" during some of those reigns. There have been plenty of "comedy jobbers" that have gone on to hold titles, and therefore, I don't see the argument you're raising here.

wwe right now has cruiserweights,such as, evan bourne, rey mysterio, sin cara,
justin gabriel, heath slater, primo, epico, tyson kidd, and hunico. i would like to see the
cruiserweight championship to return because back then the cruiserweights were worth watching and i bet if they do bring it back, it would be worth watching once again.

I used to think yes, but now I am not too sure.

Wrestlers these days are portrayed as being smaller, I'm not 100% sure what the weight limit is but I would say about half of the roster could be a Cruiserweight.

Whether the brand split stays or not, a TV/European title should be brought in for the Tyson Kidd's, Justin Gabriel's and Evan Bourne's to compete for. It's a lower mid-card title but doesn't have a restriction, therefore perhaps wouldn't be considered as a weaker title in that sense.

Unfortunately that stupid little tit Hornswoggle killed any little credibility left with the Crusierweight belt IMO.

If they would take it seriously instead of letting leprechauns win it or feeding the cruiserweights to the hosses sure. If not no.

Nope. I`m not a gig fan of weight classes, primarily because it says only big guys can ever amount to anything in the buiz. By extention no one would get into wrestling until they are about 20 or so when they`ve stopped growing and they know if they are a 6`6 ME giant, or an abover avergae very fit 6`2 that would be a jobber.

I would prefer that the WHC have the H permamently removed as it sends a bad message and is the only relic from the weight class system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back