Redd Dogg/Rodney Mack

CM Steel

A REAL American
On a november 14th showing of monday night RAW. We saw the WWE return of hardcore legend Mick Foley! Where we saw a segment with Mick Foley & John Cena in another "this is your life" special featuring John Cena damn near in his hometown of Boston (where Cena still gets boo'ed). And we saw John Cena's former tag team partner Bull Buchanan aka B2. That makes you wonder, where's Redd Dogg/Rodney Mack at?

Redd Dogg was trained by the legendary late great Junkyard Dog (Black History Month moment). And Redd Dogg was in ECW during there dying days. But later Dogg would sign with the WWE and debut on Smackdown replacing Bull Buchanan as John Cena's new tag team partner as Redd Dogg. But later Redd Dogg would be switched over to the RAW brand as Rodney Mack, with Theodore R. Long as his manager.

In 2003 on the RAW brand. Rodney Mack had a good run with a racist angle in "The White Boy Challenge" along with Long. And even had an epic match against Bill Goldberg in where Goldberg won. After that Rodney Mack had matches on Sunday Night Heat after awhile ti'l he was finally released from his WWE contract along with his real-life wife Jazz.

But what if Rodney Mack had a real chance to shine in the WWE make or break? Could the WWE have giv'in Rodney Mack the proper push if so? And could have Redd Dogg/Rodney Mack done the Junkyard proud?

Rodney and Jazz live in Arkansas. I trained with him for a while, but I don't think he's got any real intention of going back to the WWE. As far as I recall, he's happy raising a family and working on the indies, but I haven't seen him in probably four years, maybe. Nice guy though.

I think he could fit in with the 'E, but he's pushing 40 I think, so I don't really think he has the desire to go on the road full time. But again, I haven't seen him in years, so I really don't know for sure.

That makes you wonder, where's Redd Dogg/Rodney Mack at?

Lulz. Really? I can assure you, the furthest thing from my mind or at least 95% of wrestling fan's minds during that moment was Rodney fucking Mack. Hell, it took me a few seconds to even remember who Bull Buchanan was.

Look, I faintly remember the guy, but I feel pretty confident in saying that he was nothing special. If that was the case, he would have made some sort of impact somewhere else. Anywhere else. Instead, he's a distant memory to like, 4 people.

By the way, I looked him up on Wikipedia(which is obviously all that you did) and it says that he has had one MMA fight against Joe Nameth. The fact that his opponent had the same name as a legendary football player is way more interesting than anything this guy has ever accomplished.

Rodney Mack was a beast. If he had the desire (miss those videos) to continue he would've certainly made an impact dude looked like a tank and wasn't bad in the ring. His run on RAW was awesome and it's too bad they had to time it with the arrival of Goldberg 'cause that loss killed all his momentum. Would love to see him return and regularly cruise Community Creations on WWE 12 to see if anyones uploaded him. Good call on the theme music spooner I forgot about that.

EDIT: When I say "tank" what I mean is he looked like he could run through the entire lockerroom. Goldberg included.

Rodney Mack was decent, but he was limited, and i highly doubt he would have ever risen above midcard status, most likely being relegated to bodyguard type roles. He was brought back to WWE for the ECW revival briefly along with his wife, as well as a trainer i believe, but never even made it on TV.

I watched the Rodney Mack/Jazz shoot interview and the way they talk about it, every company they worked for (ECW, OVW, WWE, ...) loved her but never cared about him.

I hate to say it, but I have to agree with the people who say he was a mid-carder at best. I know Jazz still does some matches in the indies, but I haven't heard much about Rodney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back