Rehashed Themes

wrestler36

Championship Contender
I can't believe it took me this long to realize it but Reigns/Shield theme is Tazz' theme slowed down and some of the elements tweaked. But if you listen to the two, note for note it's the same and even the transitions are the same. I remember Val Venis' theme was Rick Martel's a little bit faster and with added saxophone. Angle took The Patriot's theme and Brodus Clay took Ernest Miller's, neither with any modification. What other themes do you know were rehashed? I know people talk about Dean/Benoit and they are very similar, but to me they are different enough to be their own themes.

I know Mick Foley's, SCSA's and Razor Ramon's all sound pretty similar, inasmuch as Foley and Razor had the same tire squeal, and Austin's and Razor's music sound pretty close to the same, they just changed a few things.

If i'm not mistaken, Punks "This fire burns" was used by Orton for a short while, and Ceasaros old theme with the rap lyrics was used by Dean Malenko.

Layla uses Tiffiny's
Alyshia Fox uses Maria's 1st
Jim Duggan used a sped up Big John Studd
Jimmy Yang as Akio used Aldo Montoya's without sound effects
Bull Nakano used Orient Express
Jack Swagger used Jamie Noble's at one time
Teddy Long used Rodney Mac
Gates of Kiev has been used for Harley Race, Haku, Jim Duggan, and Jerry Lawler
Rock. 'N roll express used the Rockers
Stevie Richards used Kronik
Blitzkrieg and Marty Janety used Hollywood Blonds
West Texas Rednecks second theme was Jeff Jarrett 's first theme in wcw with lyrics
PG13 used men on a mission heel theme

An interesting cases Marc Mero in wwf and Renegade in wcw used the same theme at the same time

From the first time I heard it, Elijah Burke's theme sounded reused , but to this day I cannot place it

[youtube]Fb-rlhpsqBw[/youtube]

The Acolytes, Viscera and Mideon's Ministry theme was a slow, vocal-less version of Demolition's theme.

Don't know for sure but I always thought Dan Severn's theme was a bit of a knock off of The Road Warrrior's "Ironman" theme.

Mike Tyson and X-Pac used the same theme when they were part of DX but there were different singers and different lyrics in each of their versions.

The In Your House: St Valentines Day Massacre theme has been remixed plenty of times for the Insurrextion/Rebellion PPV's and as Luke Gallows' theme.

And The Brawl For All theme was remixed and used as Ezekial Jackson's theme with lyrics added to it.

Layla uses Tiffiny's
Alyshia Fox uses Maria's 1st
Jim Duggan used a sped up Big John Studd
Jimmy Yang as Akio used Aldo Montoya's without sound effects
Bull Nakano used Orient Express
Jack Swagger used Jamie Noble's at one time
Teddy Long used Rodney Mac
Gates of Kiev has been used for Harley Race, Haku, Jim Duggan, and Jerry Lawler
Rock. 'N roll express used the Rockers
Stevie Richards used Kronik
Blitzkrieg and Marty Janety used Hollywood Blonds
West Texas Rednecks second theme was Jeff Jarrett 's first theme in wcw with lyrics
PG13 used men on a mission heel theme

An interesting cases Marc Mero in wwf and Renegade in wcw used the same theme at the same time

From the first time I heard it, Elijah Burke's theme sounded reused , but to this day I cannot place it

Kurt Angle's theme was used by both The Patriot and Mark Henry previously.

[youtube]Fb-rlhpsqBw[/youtube]

The Acolytes, Viscera and Mideon's Ministry theme was a slow, vocal-less version of Demolition's theme.

Good call on this! Another one that seemed familiar to me that I couldn't put a finger on. I supposed this doesn't qualified as 'rehashed' since it happened relatively quickly but I remembered some divas swapped themes in the mid 2000s. Kelly Kelly's theme used to be Candice's, and when Stacy left, Maria took her theme.

been watching '93 Raws, Flair loses to Mr Perfect in a loser-leaves-WWF match (so sad, Flair's first run in WWF was incredibly awesome), then later in the show Lex Luger debuts as Narcissus/The Narcissist with similar music to Flairs

been watching '93 Raws, Flair loses to Mr Perfect in a loser-leaves-WWF match (so sad, Flair's first run in WWF was incredibly awesome), then later in the show Lex Luger debuts as Narcissus/The Narcissist with similar music to Flairs

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, with Luger's being much slower. In a similar manner, Sid Justice left in 92 and Crush debuted not too long after. They're theme songs are pretty much the same with Crush's slowed down and more guitar emphasis

Wow you guys came up with a lot that I was totally unaware of. But I'm surprised that no one pointed out that the U.S. Express uses Real Anerican before Hogan.

All these years and I thought Kurt Angles theme was original. Mind = blown.

As far as Tazz and Reigns' theme, I do not see the similarities.

But a good reason is the WWE Composer, Jim Johnston, has been the creative mind in charge of WWE themes for the last 30 years so seeing similarities and tweaking old versions wouldn't surprise me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back