Report: Heat On AJ Lee

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to Dave Meltzer, AJ Lee could be in some trouble concerning an incident that took place earlier this week at the Tribute To The Troops taping.

At the taping, which was being covered by various members of the press, Michael Beadle, co host of the entertainment news show Access Hollywood, was the recipient a tirade, said to be "obscenity laced", upon seeing her engaged in a conversation backstage with CM Punk, whom she's been dating for a while in real life.

Beadle, initially, thought that it was a joke in which AJ stayed in character. On Twitter, Beadle responded to an angry AJ fan by saying, "Hon...it was done in front of company people. I didn't say a word. I thought it was a joke."

According to Meltzer, the incident did take place in front of a good number of company officials, who were said to be very angry and/or embarrassed over the incident. Meltzer stated that a lot of the anger & embarrassment stems from AJ "coming off like her character in real life, and not in a good way."

I only read about this for the first time about 10 minutes or so ago and I've no idea what caused the outburst. There's no indication that Beadle did or said anything to provoke AJ, the report simply says that she went off on him after he saw her talking to Punk. Maybe there's more to it than is being reported, but the fact that this went down in front of so many witnesses doesn't make it look good for AJ. If AJ was trying to "protect the business" by staying in character after an outsider saw her chatting with Punk, then she went overboard.

If this is all valid, then I think this reveals the ending for her match tonight with Natalya. Aside from that, she'll probably spend the next several months being used as the resident jobber of the Divas.

If AJ drops the strap tonight, then I won't be too surprised. Personally, I'm pulling for AJ to retain, because she's the best choice to be Divas Champion in the division, and it's not even close. But if we're facing facts, WWE's been building towards one of the Total Divas dethroning AJ for a few months now, so it's going to happen soon enough, unfortunately.

As far as the report goes, if it's accurate, then yeah, I think AJ went too far. There's a difference between staying in character, and just being a jerk. Although, I wonder if Beadle said or did something to provoke AJ, and if it was a joke, there's a chance AJ didn't take it too well. After all, we all have a boiling point, and there's certain lines you shouldn't cross. And as the old saying goes, there's always two sides to a story, so it wouldn't surprise me if AJ reacted to or defended herself from some sort of attack from this person.

Whatever about these reports, if true or not I hope wwe won't make a stupid decision and take the title off AJ, she is the best for the Divas Division for the last 2 years and no one else at the moment can make the Divas division interesting like AJ does.

AJ probably went too far but I don't think we are getting the full story here, I don't think AJ went on a jealous rampage for no apparent reason. Surely something sparked the fuse.

Well apparently Punk and Michelle Beadle were once an item so it could either be Kayfabe gone wrong or AJ got a bit too jealous.

Honestly if they were offended by what AJ did then they should just dock it out of her pay and leave it at that. Burying AJ would be a perfect way to make viewers completely not give a fuck about the divas division.

Though it's said that Punk is upset with WWE officials so he's probably going to TRY to stick up for her

I doubt sincerely she is truly in trouble, and this has to be kayfabe. CM Punk and AJ Lee are involved.....Come on.

I would be beyond surprised if this ends up being a shoot, and she is legit in trouble.

Well they probably won't bury here considering she's dating one of their top babyfaces, who's undoubtedly the most outspoken wrestler as well. Then again, don't be surprised if she loses the belt tonight.

CM Punk is seemingly about to begin a feud with Triple H, suddenly his real life girlfriend is in hot water over a backstage incident. Someone mentioned the other day that WWE have started to work the Internet and this could be an example of that, the only thing making me question that is the Beadle chick commented about this on twitter, I can't imagine she'd be involved with a WWE angle even though apparently she's a big fan.

Without really knowing what went down it's impossible to give a rounded view, but I hope if AJ is to be punished they do it through her paycheck, jobbing her into oblivion wont do anything but hurt the part of the show she is involved with.

This is probably all true. AJ probably stayed in character and went way overboard.

I do have a problem with Sweettre15's comment that Punk & Beadle were an item at one point. I've never heard of that. Considering I watched both SportsNation & the Crossover (I know part of my life I deserve back) and never heard or saw anything to that effect.

I would normally say AJ drops the belt tonight, however, Beadle is already not on NBC's good side so this might not be that big of a deal to NBC so not that big of a deal to Vince.

It will be sad news if this ends up being the reason for AJ losing the belt. I'm just glad that she is scheduled to face someone tonight who can actually wrestle. Natalya is one of perhaps two girls on the whole roster who would be believable in defeating AJ at all. I really hope that this is not the end of her reign, let alone her push. The best case scenario would be an extended feud with Natalya but if this incident ends her push then the division is in significant danger. The only other girl besides Natalya who is worthy of pushing is Kaitlyn and AJ had reached a level far above her in terms of skills and improvement. If this means Natalya takes the belt tonight, I am fine with that, but I really hope that AJ does not lose her push over the incident. The division needs her desperately.

Considering most of this is complete speculation, Beadle also attends plenty of WWE events & there has been reports & speculation for years that CM Punk likes to sleep around & switch girlfriends every few months. & as previously stated supposedly Punk & Beadle were an item at one point & AJ is a bit of a "crazy chick" in real life. So if any of this is true & AJ & Punk are really dating then I could see plenty of reasons why there might me some actual relationship issues/personal issues there. At the same time I could see it all being a complete load of Hog Wash & this is nothing but a story to add some small sparks to tonights lackluster PPV/Divas Championship match.

Either way hopefully this doesn't do anything to impact the Divas Title match tonight because AJ Lee is the best thing to happen to the Divas Division in years & she said it best when she said that the rest of the Divas Division doesn't even deserve to lace up her Chuck Taylor's.

She's dating Punk now? It was Ziggler a few months ago. Ziggler's crusty old semen must still be inching its way down her inner thigh. Wrestling really is like one of those couple swapping parties where you put your car keys in a fruit bowl.

PWInsider's update on the story:

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer reported earlier today that there were a number of people within WWE upset with current WWE Divas champion AJ Lee for behavior backstage at this past Wednesday's Tribute to the Troops taping.

Meltzer's report noted that Lee became unruly with NBC sports personality and WWE fan Michelle Beadle when she encountered Beadle and CM Punk (who Lee has been dating) talking backstage. Meltzer's report is that Lee allegedly became very irate and loud about the fact Beadle was speaking with Punk to the point that others backstage became distracted by the incident.

Beadle was at the event as the "official host" of the Tribute special, which will air in a few weeks on NBC and The USA Network.

PWInsider confirmed this afternoon that Meltzer's report was accurate in that the company was upset with Lee for several reasons, including "unprofessional conduct" with an invited guest of the company who works for WWE's NBC-Universal partner and because the incident took place at the Troops taping, which internally is considered one of the most important events of the year by Vince McMahon.

However, the word making the way among wrestlers backstage at TLC today was that Lee approached Beadle not out of jealousy but because Beadle had spoken to Punk in a disrespectful manner. The version wrestlers have been passing around is that Lee approached Beadle after Beadle had a conversation with CM Punk, not during a conversation between the two.

Beadle allegedly said something in a disrespectful manner that allegedly upset Punk, which led to Lee looking for her. That comment (we have heard several versions and can't confirm what it actually was) led to Lee telling Beadle that she was not to speak to Punk in such a manner again and if she did, there would be issues between the two. Beadle then reported the incident to WWE.

One wrestler who witnessed the incident "from ten feet away" denied that Lee ever raised her voice or cursed. "Anyone who said that is a liar," the wrestler, who spoke under condition of anonymity, commented.

However, since Beadle is a celebrity, there was (and may still be) heat on Lee over the situation since as the same wrestler commented, "Celebs are untouchable in the backstage scene. WWE wants them more than they need any wrestler, so automatically, the wrestler is going to be wrong here, even when [Lee] isn't really."

Beadle acknowledged the incident this afternoon on Twitter, writing in response to a pro-Lee fan, "Hon...it was done in front of company people. I didn't say a word. I thought it was a joke." She also made a reference to losing a "friend" due to "crazy girlfriend" syndrome.

CM Punk, while not acknowledging the situation directly, was apparently unhappy Lee ended up in hot water as well. He wrote on Twitter the day after the Troops taping, "It's difficult to always try to do business the proper way with a company that refuses to practice the same standards."

So, there's the entire story.

It should be interesting to see if there's any repercussions for Lee going forward. She is scheduled to defend the WWE Divas title against Natalya tonight.

So it seems to be a new side to this story that doesn't make AJ Lee sound like a neurotic egghead. Honestly this story sounds ALOT more plausible because most people that have met AJ say she's a nice person and it sounded out of character that she's have a complete jealous breakdown

I'm not buying for one second the notion that AJ Lee is facing any heat with WWE officials over this alleged incident. In all likelihood, it was kayfabe which may have gotten slightly out of hand. It was, in my opinion, WWE taking advantage of the main stream media to blur the lines between reality and kayfabe. Even Beadle herself thought that it was all a joke and didn't seem to be too put out over the incident.

If there is more validity to it than it appears to me on the surface, at most she will receive a slap on the wrist for the incident. Shame on you, don't do it again, etc., The divas may not be of the utmost prominence in the modern day WWE, but she is the top of the pile in the divas division and there's no way she is facing any repercussions for something so minor. Her boyfriend punched a fan in the face a while back and he faced no issues whatsoever for it. She will not receive any discipline whatsoever for any of this.

That's not to say she may not drop the divas title tonight, because she very well may. But I for one don't believe for a second that she will lose the divas Championship tonight to Natalya as punishment for this matter. I'm simply not buying it.

The report now that's being issued is that Punk was the one who was upset with Beadle due to a 'disrespectful tone' she took with him, and AJ approached her about it and let her know, not in a disrespectful tone or by swearing at her, that she did not appreciate the way Beadle had talked to Punk. She then went on to say not to talk to her boyfriend like that again, or there would "be a problem".

I have an issue here with two things. One, AJ's comments sounded like a veiled threat at Beadle, who is a huge wrestling fan. But two, WWE officials are said to be upset not at what AJ said, per se, but who she said it to. Vince McMahon's obsession with celebrities, even marginal ones like Beadle, leads to him and company officials insisting that wrestlers treat them with reverence.

I don't think this is an issue, to be honest. I wouldn't do anything to punish AJ, unless they want to do a skit with her and Beadle on Raw, with Beadle getting the best of her. She's fallen off recently in terms of her push, and I was expecting her to drop the strap tonight anyways. But if they had her do so do to this, well, that's rediculous.

HAHA "jobber for a while"

Nope, went over Natalia tonight. STOP READING DIRTSHEETS! They aren't even close to journalism. You could literally sit at home, not go to a single show, and come up with this shit and make predictions of who is in the doghouse. You'll always be wrong, but who cares right? The IWC eats this garbage up.

Maybe she did go on a tirade, maybe not. Who cares, it's not enough to get her in the "doghouse".

According to Beadle, she apparently saw Punk backstage before the show and due to being cool with him (by whatever supposed relationship they had in the pass) she greeted him by saying, "What up shitface?" I've had people that I call friends greet me with stuff worst than that daily. Whether that was the case or not, this entire situation is as a previous poster stated is getting blown out of proportion as WWE officials weren't pissed enough to take the title from AJ tonight while she was going against an idea candidate to carry the title. I do commend the dirt sheets though, they clearly got the hits they were looking for with this story.

So, Michelle Beadle likes to stir shit, AJ Lee didn't even get in trouble and is her usual overacting self, and CM Punk has major stroke because it doesn't look like AJ will get punished for this "incident".

Do I fully believe it? No. I always think the wrestling companies are working us through any form of medium they can use. AJ was probably in character, but outside of the wrestling world of forums where we know that AJ is dating Punk, it doesn't make sense because their relationship hasn't been shown on TV. Will they use it as story and have them embrace their relationship? I don't see why not.

It's just TMZ style fodder for the people who love to spread the word written on them sheets. Exaggerated, partially true, and will be used by WWE in the future.

If this is true (Khali sized "if"), the most remarkable thing that can be taken from it is...

CM Punk continues to show that he is a whiny, over priviledged, disillusioned, prima donna, cry baby, douche bag.

Who the hell goes crying to their girl friend that another girl disrespected him? Who gets upset over that? Who takes to Twitter and complains? Does AJ keep Punk's balls inher purse?

Handle your business Punk and your pitiful ego. If I were HHH I'd just laugh at Punk and put him in a tutu on Raw tonight.

If this is all valid, then I think this reveals the ending for her match tonight with Natalya. Aside from that, she'll probably spend the next several months being used as the resident jobber of the Divas.

This is the kind of reaction we've come to expect from the WWE, and that's pretty sad. Are they really going to let a chick fight dictate how they progress with a storyline and a popular heel character (the best they have amongst the Divas)?

Be like the NFL, WWE. Fine her, if you feel you must penalize her. But burying someone for such a minor, though embarrassing, outburst would be the height of stupidity. Luckily, so far, they don't seem to be going down this road as Lee kept her title last night.

I'd love to hear the entire story on this one. AJ didn't drop the title last night so it couldn't have been anything too severe. There could be a slight chance that since it was done in front of WWE officials that it was a way to generate interest in the divas division or Total Divas in general.

This is the kind of reaction we've come to expect from the WWE, and that's pretty sad. Are they really going to let a chick fight dictate how they progress with a storyline and a popular heel character (the best they have amongst the Divas)?

Be like the NFL, WWE. Fine her, if you feel you must penalize her. But burying someone for such a minor, though embarrassing, outburst would be the height of stupidity. Luckily, so far, they don't seem to be going down this road as Lee kept her title last night.
Have we come to expect this from the WWE? Because typically the dirt sheets are wrong. Seriously, how the hell do you guys buy into this shit over and over? Maybe 1 out of 30 times the dirt sheets are right over who is "in the doghouse". Vince is a successful businessman. If he stunted overness for every petty thing that happened, he wouldn't be on the verge of a billion dollar tv deal. You guys are like the tea party with Obama. You make up shit, believe your own shit, then when more shit is made up, you go "GAH, typical Vince doing what we think he's doing without proof"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back