Report: Heat On AJ Lee?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to the WON, there's some backstage heat on AJ stemming back from some stuff that's gone down over the past several weeks.

There's been some criticism of AJ's Slammy Award acceptance speech from a few weeks back. The report states that AJ went off script in the speech and how it was delivered, which is being viewed as a big shot to every other Diva on the roster, with the exception of Paige. There's also, allegedly, some negative talk backstage for AJ taking time off to be with CM Punk in Las Vegas for UFC 181.

It appears there was another incident with AJ also. She was removed from the WWE Main Event intro a month ago and that reportedly coincided with something that happened backstage, described as a "hiccup" with her. This happened before anyone in the company knew about Punk signing with UFC. Exactly what this "hiccup" was isn't specified in the article.

As far as heat on AJ for being with Punk at UFC 181, I don't see any justification for it. The woman's married, she loves her husband, so she wants to support him however she can. From everything I've read, AJ's not publicly taken Punk's or WWE's side, she's tried to keep from getting in the middle of it from what I understand, but just because she supports her hubby's move into MMA doesn't somehow negate any loyalty she has with WWE.

As far as her Slammy speech, I think it's sort of why Vince isn't too keen on non scripted promos. The report gives the implication that AJ sorta went into business for herself and buried the other Divas on the roster. Now while it's certainly true that there's not a whole helluva lot of positive things to be attributed to the Diva Division as a whole, that lies with creative more than anything else. AJ's just fortunate that she hasn't been the recipient of some of the shittier creative choices the other women on the roster have. While AJ's storylines haven't always had her coming out smelling like a rose, she's gotten vastly better treatment than any other Diva since the days of Trish & Mickie. There are a good number of women on the roster who are genuinely talented wrestlers, they just don't get as much of an opportunity to show it.

There's been talk for the past few months that AJ might be leaving, she's said to be out with an injury but is expected to be back within a few weeks, so this report will probably lend some credence to those rumors.

According to many other sites, this is not the case. AJ was actually injured and there is no heat on her.

Cant say for sure but that would make sense seeing how she lost the title at SS.
Knowing WWE i wouldn't doubt her support of Punk would strike heat in the back, wwe is infamous for childish grudges and nitpicking at superstars. Buuuut on the flipside i do think this has to do with AJs injury and has nothing to do with heat. But i could be wrong. Only AJ and WWE know whats going on

Yeah I've seen several reports on AJ Lee in recent months. Most of them revolving around her supposedly leaving WWE in the near future & also on her having heat from either her Slammy speech or something to do with her husband. & to me it all sounds like she is just the current controversial subject as far as the Divas are currently concerned.

I think the most likely scenario right now is she is at home resting up & will come back for another solid run or two at least. She's already done a lot in her short career & I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if she does decide to hang her chucks up in the next few year but I get the feeling that she isn't quite done in the WWE yet.

It think that it is a wait and see deal with the injury deal. I really do not want to make too much of a judgment on it. But if she is injured, then i hope she gets better.

As far as the speech is concerned, i think that ti was only a dig at The Divas that are NOT PAIGE, EMMA, AND FROM NXT. That is what i think. She was putting over The NXT Divas, Paige, and Emma.

According to many other sites, this is not the case. AJ was actually injured and there is no heat on her.

Yeah I heard about the injury. It sucks there's nothing really left for her to do. I guess it may be time for her to put over the younger talents.

I saw the Slammy Award speech. It didn't really strike me as taking a shot at the other Divas, I thought of it more as a shout out to the casual audience to watch NXT. Isn't that what an employee should do?:confused:

However, if AJ intended it to bury the other divas, I still wouldn't blame her. Total Divas is such a colossal waste of talent and time. Sure, one can make an excuse for it being a platform to develop their characters, but it doesn't seem to be the case. One week Vince McMahon says the Total Divas cast won't be eligible to win the Diva's title, then at SS we see Nikki win it in less than a minute. If I were AJ, I wouldn't bother speaking about the other divas who just seem to be floundering around doing nothing about their image in the fans' eyes.

I figured her speech was in character. A little mischievous but in character nonetheless. Otherwise it would have been really arrogant and kind of ignorant. I mean, isn't Paige going to be on Total Divas? Plus, Nikki Bella has outperformed her this year and there is nothing, in my eyes, wrong with Nattie. It makes sense for AJ to take a shot at the Total Divas. That is part of her character and has been for months.

The whole thing is a mess. I can't imagine the WWE and AJ can repair the relationship after what happened with Punk. It is inevitable that she leaves the WWE and moves on with her life with Punk. Divas notoriously have short careers in the WWE and that is likely to be the case with AJ. She had a good run but there are plenty other women that the WWE can go with with all with a lot less baggage.

Her marriage to Punk shouldn't be an issue unless she makes it one to be honest don't forget that when Brock left he was dating/married to Sable and she continued to work with the company for a some time after that with no apparent issues.

Her promo seemed in character to me as she has been bashing total divas on screen for some time now, she may have gone of script but she stayed true to the character she is playing at the moment so I would say there isn't going to be much of an issue in the long run

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back