Direction of AJ's character after Bryan/Punk Storyline

haning13

Dark Match Jobber
AJ has evolved over the past two months into the most involved diva on WWE Television. She is undoubtedly unique as a diva in the fact that she has the looks/ring ability/and most importantly mic skills. Her involvement in the Bryan/Punk storyline has allowed her to showcase her mic skills that were originally not known to the WWE fans.
In my opinion this whole storyline had been gaining momentum seamlessly until the last segment of tonight's Raw. AJ has been a mixed character in terms of face/heel personas and that was a major driving force with her popularity in the fact that this ambiguous characteristic allowed her to drive the storyline while her face character still emanates with her matches (Ex. AJ vs. Layla.). With this last segment she kind of throws away her face character a bit which may hinder her in her role after the MITB pay per view. If she would have just pranced around and left after neither Bryan or Punk noticed her this could have set up a storyline after MITB where she could have feuded with Eve, with Eve mocking her for not being able to get attention.
Eve already has lasting heat stemming from the Ryder and even more with John Laurinitis. This feud would keep both AJ and Eve out of the Diva Championship picture which is in reality a lot more successful popularity and relevancy wise. Also with Kharma coming back soon she can be used to re-amp the Diva Championship picture then have AJ and Eve come back in the Diva Championship run.
Going back to AJ's current storyline to me creative should hold back a little on AJ's involvement/tv time with the Bryan/Punk storyline a little just so they don't overdo the storyline and have run out of gas before MITB. AJ has executed everything she needed to for the story, lets shift gears a bit and bring Bryan/Punk and the importance of the WWE Championship more into play.

I know its a lot but just wondering if anyone agrees or disagrees, and what is everyone else's thoughts on the success of this storyline and on AJ's role after MITB.

I wouldn't say AJ has been a "face" in any of this. Then again, she's not exactly "heel" either. Where does "crazy" fall in all that?

I think it'd be great if Punk and Bryan ditch her after the PPV and she ends up with Kane. Punk wins, AJ celebrates, Punk boots her. She cries to Bryan, who pulls the scorned lover card and boots her. (Imagine the YES! chants for that one.) Then the pyro hits... Just let her be crazy, that works too. Nothing wrong with a loose cannon.

That's probably been the most intriguing part of the entire angle - AJ being nuts and Kane turning more "face" if you will. He needs something, considering he really hasn't had a prolonged storyline for a while either.

Little by little her craving of attention and unbalanced nature has escalated to tonight, where both men she felt had mistreat her got screwed over by her, she is a woman scorned in her mind and out to look after number 1.

My guess is they will pair her with someone who will be a sort of enabler for her, a kindred psycho soul mate who'll use her obsessive nature to their advantage.

I've heard Ambrose has been considered to debut as AJ's new man, she fits well with him and they could end up being the WWE's version of The Joker and Harley Quinn.

Full credit to AJ Lee, the WWE gave her the ball and she has not only ran with it, she has sprinted to the end-zone and done three back flips once there!

Little by little her craving of attention and unbalanced nature has escalated to tonight, where both men she felt had mistreat her got screwed over by her, she is a woman scorned in her mind and out to look after number 1.

My guess is they will pair her with someone who will be a sort of enabler for her, a kindred psycho soul mate who'll use her obsessive nature to their advantage.

I've heard Ambrose has been considered to debut as AJ's new man, she fits well with him and they could end up being the WWE's version of The Joker and Harley Quinn.

Full credit to AJ Lee, the WWE gave her the ball and she has not only ran with it, she has sprinted to the end-zone and done three back flips once there!
That'd be a good idea, with Ambrose using AJ for his own benefit, but she's so crazy and in love with him she doesn't realize it. Could be a good storyline, especially since AJ has great mic skills (especially compared to the rest of the divas) and Ambrose is one of the best mic workers in the company. I'd be interested in seeing that.

AJ has built her own fan base. I counted 5 "I dig Crazy Chicks" at Raw last night. The crowd just watched in awe as AJ looked at the table, ready to throw herself on it. Unless the WWE booking staff drops the ball, kicks it directly to the opposing team, strips them of the ball, and runs to the wrong end zone, AJ should really be a huge star over the next few years.

I wouldn't say AJ has been a "face" in any of this. Then again, she's not exactly "heel" either. Where does "crazy" fall in all that?

I think it'd be great if Punk and Bryan ditch her after the PPV and she ends up with Kane. Punk wins, AJ celebrates, Punk boots her. She cries to Bryan, who pulls the scorned lover card and boots her. (Imagine the YES! chants for that one.) Then the pyro hits... Just let her be crazy, that works too. Nothing wrong with a loose cannon.

That's probably been the most intriguing part of the entire angle - AJ being nuts and Kane turning more "face" if you will. He needs something, considering he really hasn't had a prolonged storyline for a while either.

Oh good, let her fit straight into the Kane Cycle. That will go places.

Seriously, people need to stop suggesting she go with Kane, it's ridiculous. The man is not far off retirement and only wrestles to put over younger guys now, she needs to be with someone in their prime.

The sky is only the limit right now for AJ's character. She is so unpredictable, that we really have no idea what she will do as the special guest referee will do in the Punk/Bryan match. It first started with her skipping around the ring a couple weeks ago, now she skips first then pushes Punk into a table. Now on Smackdown she makes out with both Bryan and CM Punk. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she screwed CM Punk out of the title at MITB. The heel actions are what make her character. Hopefully it can only get better from here.

Hows about giving her the Divas title?

People keep going on about the Divas title not being worth anything so, imagine what a storyline that would be if the WWE Champion AND the Divas Champion were 'going out'.

Discuss

She's not going to end up with Punk. So this would only happen should Bryan defeat Punk, which also is not going to happen because of the reports of Cena vs Punk II at Summerslam.

And really, what is the value to the Diva's belt anyway? AJ's role is 100x more valuable than the Diva's strap (pun mildly intended), so what is the use in putting it on her?

Who are you really to ask a question like? Do you work for TMZ? Becasue it sounds like some crap they would post on their website.

AJ is by far the smallest of the WWE Divas and would be hard pressed to believe she could beat any of the divas.

Now apart from size and all. the Divas has enough problems trying to stay relevant without losing their champion to a major storyline. AJ has never won the divas title, however she is by far the most talked about WWE diva since Trish Stratus. But even Trish was stuck as "Just a Diva", AJ is breaking into a new level the Sherri, Miss Elizabeth level, Most Divas can't say that because their mic skills are John Morrison good.

AJ will likely never hold the Divas title unless she decides on a man and the man is a heel and helps her win. Then Kharma or Del Rey will destroy her and end the run.

Who knows, she went from being utilized perfectly, to now being on WAY WAY to much, 20 minute in ring promo segments? come on, she was better in bits and pieces. I want this storyline to end because im sick and tired of seeing CM Punk do his sad face when she kisses Daniel Bryan

And really, what is the value to the Diva's belt anyway?

To this point, there hasn't been much value to it at all. The belt is something to be passed from diva to diva until just about everyone has had a chance to wear it. Yes, all championships are won to be lost, but the diva title is particularly worthless since it doesn't really separate the woman wearing it from the rest of the pack. The titleholder is just the "champ-at-the-moment."

Enter AJ. Since she already has the prime spot for any diva, it would be just like WWE to have her win the women's championship, too. Of course, if they're doing it to further whomever AJ feuds with (presuming there would be a series, not just a single match), this could be a good thing, in terms of getting other divas over.....heaven knows they need it. However, if they plan to do a "Not only does AJ have three of the biggest male stars in the business on a string...... she's also the diva champion!" type of accolade for AJ, it could get tiresome in a hurry.

Since nothing changed at the PPV last night in terms of her arrangements with Punk and Bryan (and we don't know if Kane is still a part of things or not), I think we'll see more of the same: that is, AJ playing these guys against each other until something snaps.

It's great theater; it really is.

I've always thought that when you start a storyline, you should know what the finish is. Things may change along the way, but it's never seemed like a good idea to blindly play out storylines on a week-to-week basis. My gut is telling me that's what's happened with this angle. The whole thing with the table on Raw seemed forced -- it wasn't "crazy chick" behavior, it was totally illogical behavior that didn't make sense on any real level. She was going to "commit suicide" by jumping through the table? Come on.

If we do get Punk/Cena here soon, then AJ either has to interject herself in that or end up with Daniel Bryan before that, separating herself from Punk. I think it'd be cool to see a Dean Ambrose debut along the way, perhaps pitting him in a feud with Daniel Bryan, but I think that's putting the cart before the horse a bit. When's the last time they debuted a practical unknown in a primary storyline?

Anyway, at this point I'm afraid they have no clue what they're going to do and I'm not sure they ever did. I'm still enjoying it, but that enjoyment is deteriorating noticeably every time something happens that seems forced or meaningless (like her involvement last night).

Won't be long til the fans turn on her for being shoved down our throats. GM? come on man, vince clearly got way to infatuated with his pet project and went from using her perfectly, to having her cut 20 minute promos.

Mark my words, within a month most of the fans will turn on her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back