Report - Top Diva Leaving Soon

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
If these reports from Wrestling Observer Radio are accurate, more than a few people on this forum are going to be extremely happy. The report states that Brie Bella is expected to finish up with WWE pretty soon. The report doesn't say exactly what the date will be, but that it'll be soon and the reason Brie is leaving is because she wants to start a family. The report also states that this decision was reached before Daniel Bryan announced his own retirement from the ring last week.

The Bella Twins get a LOT of hate on the boards, some deserved and some undeserved in my opinion, but I can't help but feel that the Bella Twins leaving would essentially see the last remnant of the Divas Division in the bad ol' days ending. While Nikki hasn't said anything about retirement, it's a possibility considering that her neck injury was pretty serious, much more so than originally believed. If Brie is indeed leaving, then I don't really see Nikki hanging around as a solo act. Besides, there's a possibility of Cena's in-ring career finally starting to slow down as he's getting older and his shoulder injury is keeping him out of action for quite a while.

I suppose I always expected the Bella girls would leave at the same time.....and who knows?.....it might yet happen that way.

Still, they're on different personal paths now, with Brie married and wanting children, while Nikki might want to hang around WWE since she knows what her man will be doing for the next few years. If she has plans for a life with Cena, it might not serve her well to let him tour with WWE while she makes a different life for herself.

Further, since a bunch of people on this forum love the way Nikki wrestles, while hating Brie's ring performance, perhaps they're not as 'alike' as many of us always believed.

Maybe Brie Danielson and AJ Brooks can knit booties together.

I'm not surprised. Once Bryan announced he was done, I had a hunch Brie wouldn't be sticking around for too much longer since both have made it clear that they want to start a family.

Brie and Nikki were great heat magnets (when the company kept them heels for more than a month), but outside of jobbing to other women, there's little Brie can offer as a singles competitor. I respect her for trying her best, but she was never any good and that became increasingly apparent once Nikki's skills started improving.

I will say that they really missed the boat with Brie by not having her annihilate Stephanie at Summerslam 2014. That was the hottest point of her career and it was wasted by having her get totally dominated by a non-wrestler, then thrown into a cringeworthy feud with her sister.

If nothing else, this could mean Bayley's ascent to the main roster occurs a little sooner to fill the void or they'll start using Natalya more. Otherwise, this really seems to be the end of an era of a less-than-stellar Divas division and the beginning of women that can actually be taken seriously.

This is probably the least surprising news that's come down the pipe in a long time. Brie sort of got pushed to the side since her sister was injured and the new girls came along.

She's said before many times she and Bryan want to start a family, and since he's retired, I guess the time is now. They seem like a nice couple, and wish them all the health and happiness in the future.

On a related note. Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that Cena takes time off to film a TV show, Nikki takes time off as well? Now Cena has surgery and so does Nikki. She might be the next too leave, as Cena is winding down his career to an extent, and without her sister the desire to be a Diva just might not be there anymore.

From a product point of view, brie became just DB's wife and Nikki's sister to the audience, she has been irrelevant since that stupid feud with steph.
So basically nobody lose with her absence, because the only kind of relevant was Nikki out of the two, and the one that seems to be more focused on become a "better" wrestler.

Now, on the human side, i think its great they both can carry on and live a great life and start a familiy, and always...always, real life and family come first and work later.

Not surprised by this at all. I have watched Total Divas from time to time and I know just how much Brie wants a family. In fact, every episode seems to be her at loggerheads with someone about her wanting to raise a family at some point. So with that on mind, it is hardly surprising that she is finally calling it quits. Frankly, she had never been the talented one in her family, never mind the Divas division. So I can't say that I'll be too sad to see her leave. Plus, she leaving as a healthy young woman for the right reasons. So I guess it's a nice thing for her and her family.

As for Nikki, I'd be a lot more disappointed to see her walk off into the sunset right now. I still think that she has a lot left in the tank and has proved to he a good wrestler. She's driven and has improved a lot since starting out in the company. She's also made it clear that she wants to be the female John Cena in terms of making a bamenfor herself outside of wrestling. But I don't think she's done just yet. I guess we'll see.

Not surprised by this at all. I have watched Total Divas from time to time and I know just how much Brie wants a family. In fact, every episode seems to be her at loggerheads with someone about her wanting to raise a family at some point. So with that on mind, it is hardly surprising that she is finally calling it quits. Frankly, she had never been the talented one in her family, never mind the Divas division. So I can't say that I'll be too sad to see her leave. Plus, she leaving as a healthy young woman for the right reasons. So I guess it's a nice thing for her and her family.

As for Nikki, I'd be a lot more disappointed to see her walk off into the sunset right now. I still think that she has a lot left in the tank and has proved to he a good wrestler. She's driven and has improved a lot since starting out in the company. She's also made it clear that she wants to be the female John Cena in terms of making a bamenfor herself outside of wrestling. But I don't think she's done just yet. I guess we'll see.

I agree with everything here. Wasn't there a Total Divas episode that actually centered around the contract situation of both Bellas? I vaguely remember Nikki signing an extension while Brie decided not to, although it's been a while, my memory might be deceiving me. That alone tells me that Nikki had no intentions of leaving with her sister, who has been adamant about starting a family for a while now. Nikki has also always been about "revolutionizing" the Divas division and basically becoming the marketing machine that her boyfriend is. She seems to have a lot more passion than her sister, especially since getting with Cena.

Ultimately, barring her injury forcing retirement, I can see her being around for a long time yet. At least until Cena decides to hang him up. If there's one thing to consider, there's no marriage or family in the cards for Nikki. She's with somebody who's 1000% with the WWE, and likely will be for many years. Like I said, I don't think she leaves soon, and certainly not with Brie.

As for Brie leaving, it doesn't really affect me too much. Oh no, I'll miss the 3 minutes that she's on screen... As good or bad as Brie was, she was rarely a focal point in the division. Have a happy life I guess?

This is great news and i hope it comes sooner rather than later! Like many are saying she is one of the last of the Divas Division... hopefully after Wrestlemania they bring back the Women's title.

Also this opens the door for Bayley to come up to the main roster sooner as there will be that open spot. They also need to bring back Emma sometime soon. She is much better than Summer Rae and deserves to be up here with the big girls. (even though she is serving a good purpose in NXT helping the new girls)

Yeah, this really isn't very surprising.

Good for her. She's been in the WWE for 8 or 9 years now, so hopefully she'll be able to leave the business peacefully and healthy, raise a family and her career can be something nice for her to look back on with her kids.

It's not a major loss as she hasn't been a huge deal in quite a while and quite frankly she isn't very good. She basically just jobs and since the women's roster is getting much more talented and they're all getting better, Brie has slowly started getting lost in the mix as she's still not that good aside from getting a title shot at Fast Lane. Charlotte will probably retain, but hopefully Brie gets an okay sendoff and that she's able to live a good life with her family.

Well I'm not surprised after DB retiring and in all honesty I don't really care.

She was never that good and only got cheers because of the fact she would use her husbands moves. I compare that to the cheap pops Foley would get when he would mention the city Raw was in every week only he was 1,000x better. Without her hogging air time I'm hoping the better Divas that have come up will take her spot and it will be a slow build to the Divas division meaning something again.

And, this morning, scientists found Penguins at the South Pole. SMDH.

This is news?!? Only someone not watching RAW kinda figgered that Brie was going to bail once her beloved DBry pulled the pin on his career. Let her make babies sporting little red beards and point both fingers in the air when Mommy asks if little Daniel/Brianna wants to eat.

Well I'm not surprised after DB retiring and in all honesty I don't really care.

She was never that good and only got cheers because of the fact she would use her husbands moves. I compare that to the cheap pops Foley would get when he would mention the city Raw was in every week only he was 1,000x better. Without her hogging air time I'm hoping the better Divas that have come up will take her spot and it will be a slow build to the Divas division meaning something again.

Ditto! +1000000, bye Brie, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Maybe she can feed jello pudding to that crippled broken down bearded goat every day to pass her time. Good riddance!!!!!

I think she had a great run for what she and her sister had to offer.
Now is the time to step aside for the new crop of Divas that looks the most promising it has ever been!

She'll get her title win a Fastlane so she can have one more WrestleMania moment and then go into that event with a fatal 4 way vs Charlotte, Banks, and Becky where either Banks or Becky take the title from her.

She'll get her title win a Fastlane so she can have one more WrestleMania moment and then go into that event with a fatal 4 way vs Charlotte, Banks, and Becky where either Banks or Becky take the title from her.

Watching the 'forced' venom between Brie and Charlotte last night, I started to get the sinking feeling the company would let Brie have her moment, taking the world title from Charlotte for a few weeks. After all, Nikki had the title .....and also beat Brie head-to-head in their only match against each other. Maybe WWE would want to throw Brie a bone to acknowledge her long service.

Problem is, that would cheapen the women's title even more than it already is. Many fans won't care one way or the other but if WWE is finally gathering the personnel to make the diva division a true factor, then giving title reigns as a 'reward' shouldn't figure in.

you know i'm happy for Brie and Byran, Although its sad that bryan can't wrestling again i'm more happy that he and brie will one day have a family and that something that no one should be mad at. Brie was alway the over shadowed twin..in ring skill and breast size but to me brie was the real one as nikki was fake. When Brie smack steph i thought that was real i felt the "thats my husband and you will not dirty his name". I honestly wish we would of got that Brie vs Nikki fued that the fans truly(kind of) wanted but in the end let Brie go out using more of her Husbands moves on sunday....as for Nikki well i'm torn becuz i don't really like her but i can respect her improvement in the ring i feel that if Charlotte has the title when nikki comes back let that be a fued let Nikki fight her as face before she leave and hell if nikki loses and leaves let Cena pop the question after the match.

No Surprise here.

I think she even said at one point on Total Divas that she would stop wrestling to make a family before she ruined her body.

I actually liked Brie's Personality a lot more than Nikki's, I always thought she was more down to earth than her plastic sister.

That being said, her feud with Stephanie around SummerSlam was the last time I really cared for her... possibly the only time, but I think the Bella's reign is over. I know from reports that the Bellas are the biggest backstage bullies in the woman divison, I don't think Brie was anywhere near John Cena's Girlfriend's Level of bullying though.

I'd be more happy if every diva decided to leave WWE.. They're all useless and taking up everybody's time.. 3 diva segments happened on RAW last night, all terrible segments to.

I'd be more happy if every diva decided to leave WWE.. They're all useless and taking up everybody's time.. 3 diva segments happened on RAW last night, all terrible segments to.

I can understand that you referred Brie Bella, Naomi, Tamina etc as useless. I dont agree that they are though but still I can understand. But Paige, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Bayley, Asuka and Natalya are way above useless. First of all, These women are very talented but WWE's booking showcases them as just dumb divas. And if you still dont understand, You have the right to stop watching Divas segments in WWE. By the way, if someone did never tell me, You are discriminatory.

As for the OP, I am happy for Bellas to leave WWE. I can survive Nikki but not Brie. I was sad on Bryan retiring but happy on Brie's decision. Also happy for their future personal lives.

Well I hope that Brie is not the Divas Champion after Fastlane and also nowhere near the title match at Wrestlemania 32.

:devil:

I'm not a fan of Brie Bella as a wrestler. She's terrible on the mic and just okay in the ring. Perhaps her absence will open the door for an expanded role for Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Paige, and other more talented divas.

Regardless this isn't real surprising since her husband Daniel Bryan just retired.

I could imagine they want to start a family and be their for children and each other, so it makes sense. I'm proud for her if that's her reasoning.

Paige? What the???? Paige is going nowhere, she just jobbed to Summer Rae. It was a clean pin too. The match itself was horrific, one of the worse matches I've ever seen. I cheered when the match was over. It's obvious Paige will not be near the main event no time soon.

Brie Bella will leave and no one will care and no one will miss her. In fact, the best part about Brie Bella leaving is that people will hopefully stop assigning her shortcomings to Nikki Bella, who has become a very good worker, one of the best female workers on the roster.

Hopefully Brie and her terrible work will go away and people can finally appreciate how good Nikki really is.

Thank you God.

Her slogan should be much like Eva Marie, except it'll be "All terrible everything"

This situation is truly beautiful on all levels, in that I will never have to see her on a wrestling show again, and this will free her up to start that Bed and Breakfast with Daniel Bryan, which will provide me a great place to vacation at.

Win-win.

Good riddance. If Brie does leave then that would be one of the best things to ever happen to the divas division. She's bottom tier in the ring (Cameron might be the only girl in the whole company worse than her) and arguably the worst diva in history when it comes to promos. She only lasted as long as she did due to being a twin and starring in that stupid Total Divas show. I wish Brie the human being the best of luck at what she does next in life, but as far as Brie the onscreen diva is concerned, she will NOT be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back