Report: Triple H-Brock Lesnar Rematch Up In The Air

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's been talk since SummerSlam regarding a rematch between Triple H & Brock Lesnar. Since last Sunday, there's been speculation that the rematch between the two would happen at either the Hell in a Cell or Survivor Series ppv.

However, according to The Wrestling Observer, the word coming as a result of last night's Raw is that Triple H won't be wrestling again until WrestleMania 29. The report states that there's no word on whether this means it'll be Trips vs. Lesnar II at WrestleMania or if there's going to be no rematch between the two.

So, as of right now, if this report is accurate, the WWE isn't sure on yet on where they want to go with this.

Personally, I'd rather they just let this feud go. I enjoyed their match at SummerSlam but, personally, I don't see a need for another match between the two. If WWE is hoping that Lesnar will help bring in a big pay day for WrestleMania, then I don't really see any real sense in having him face Brock Lesnar & avenge his loss. I just think the best thing to do is keep Lesnar looking extremely strong between now and WrestleMania.

If they do decide to have another match between the two within the next couple of months with the intention of having Lesnar go over again, well then I'd have no real problem with that.

As far as Triple H & Lesnar at WrestleMania, I dunno. My personal preference, and the preference of a lot of people I know & have talked to, is for Lesnar to head to WrestleMania to face The Undertaker. Personally, I think there'll be more money in that than Trips vs. Lesnar II.

Agreed.

If they have a rematch, the most probable outcome will be Triple H defying the odds to defeat the "evil" Brock Lesnar, gaining revenge for breaking his arm. That won't do Brock any good, after the loss to Cena some questioned how believable he was as a threat, now WWE have him in a position where people view him once again as a threat to just about anybody, I love Triple H and all, but him going over Brock will leave Brock looking weak and heading into Wrestlemania where you want your big money matches to be two guys of equal possibility in gaining victory, Brock Lesnar looking weak is not what you want.

As for the possibility of Brock versus Hunter at Wrestlemania... ehh, we saw it at Summerslam, wasn't captivating (although it did tell a good story) and I wouldn't expect much better out of them. Like you I'm all for a match between Brock and The Undertaker, to be totally honest, they could easily work Triple H into the background of a build-up towards a Brock versus Taker match, considering the ending to the "End of an Era" match. Have Triple H face someone else, a young guy maybe, put someone over or at least try to, there'd be more money in Brock versus Taker and Triple H versus someone else.

I can see it being a rematch in a month or two and either he or Shawn using the old Bob Orton "loaded" cast to get the win or the surgically repaired "Luger Arm".Neither of those angles have been used for a while and it would make sense for Trips to beat the "new style" of Lesnar by going old school.

Did he retire? No, should he have? Not like that but of course that then means he has to go over someone else when he does... at the moment there is no-one who Trips should be beating unless it's Vince for control of the company.

Agreed...............Lesnar losing to Triple H in a rematch decreases the guys stock. A strong looking Lesnar off the back of a few credible wins against Taker at WM29 is MONEY.

I'd personally have Lesnar go over Taker at Survivor Series if Takers rumoured return at the event is true. I'd then have Lesnar enter the Royal Rumble, be dominant, eliminate some big hitters (avenge his loss to Cena by tossing him out) before a Taker distraction sees him eliminated. Lesnar could have a tune up match against Kane on Raw or at Elimination Chamber before getting his shot at the streak at WM29.

No screw that. I want The Rock V. Lesnar at WM. Hell I want Brock to take out Rocky so he isn't able to compete at RR, then he goes on to beat Cena for the title. The Rock wins a EC to become number 1 contender and it sets up the rematch I wanted. Also the rock and Punk would be the last two standing in the EC. Cena loses to Brock via dq. Cena V. Taker at WM.

Bitch please, the streak will NEVER end! If they put Cena against Taker, the only believable outcome would be for Cena to win, and IMO John Cena is not worthy of being the one to beat THE streak.

So far, I agree with everyone that HHH-Brock 2 wouldn't be appealing. HHH-Brock 1 was already disappointing; why make another potential flop? It obviously didn't live up to its hype, unlike the Taker-HHH 3 despite it being done to death.

Brock already lost to Cena at Extreme Rules 2012 (which was predictable to me) and had to defeat Hunter at Summerslam 2012 (in which Brock had to go over to be relevant again), so setting up another match between them only for Brock to lose would derail his momentum, hype and build since returning last April 2, 2012. And as much as I'm a Triple H Fan, I'm getting tired of him hogging the spotlight everytime.

On a side note, I'm really sick and tired with the WWE making Brock "quit" the company all the time. Surely, they could think of a better way to write him off TV.

If Brock does wrestle at Survivor Series he has to win. I hope the WWE realizes this. He doesn't wrestle every week when losing once in a while isn't a big deal. If Brock loses 2 out of 3 matches in his return, they risk him losing a lot of steam going into Wrestlemania. You dont want to turn him into Jericho before Wrestlemania.

The match with Triple h was disappointing. The angle leading up to the match wasn't good either. I would be pissed if we get HHH vs Brock part 2 at Wrestlemania.

Looking at potential opponents, I think Undertaker or Orton would be the best choice. Orton could bring back the legend killer. Plus, Brock has history with both of them and I think they could make a WM worthy storyline with either guy.

It's a terrible idea to have a rematch between brock and hunter.

their match at Summerslam wasn't that good, and I don't expect anything more from them if they have a rematch.

I have no interest in seeing these 2 again, I didn't think the match at SSlam was anything to write home, and as people above me have mentioned not only is it too predictable HHH will win it'd also decrease Lesnar's drawing power going into WM season

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back