Roadblock to Wrestlemania means New Wrestlemania Main Event Card

Quinn30Colo

Occasional Pre-Show
Feel free to discuss your opinions on my New Mania top 3 matches or anything I've mentioned.

Everything screams a changed WrestleMania card to me, From the title of this card, to story lines past and present, the confusing pairings for Mania, and the post Mania believable fresh stories. We all now Reigns will beat HHH because HHH isn't looking to do anything past Mania until next Mania season, and there's confusion on who to cheer for on the three big matches. HHH v Reigns, we know how everyone stands there. Lesnar/Ambrose, we all love suplex city and we love the lunatic. I don't want to root against Undertaker vs Shane even at 22-1, and I also want to root for chaos of shane's storyline potential. The electricity of the card the way it is with the top 3 matches does not have great payoff feel. In fact the only real match that makes sense is HHH and Reigns and everyone hates it.

Everyone remember the Rumble and the Wyatt Family taking Lesnar out of the rumble. It was never addressed and if Bray is to stay over, this can't be a sacrificial lamb for Lesnar at RoadBlock. The Wyatt family has to destroy Brock at the end of the match. Don't care how it has to be done. Just do it. If they do this, look for Ambrose to Win the title.
Doesn't matter how, he wins.

THE NEXT RAW..... Ambrose opens the show, Reigns comes out obviously talking he won Rumble, Lesnar (or Heyman solo) comes out and basically tells Ambrose he can wait, he has something personal to take care of for the Wyatt family's actions at both Rumble and Roadblock.

The Authority shows up 9 O'clock hour or so. Triple H tries to invoke a rematch clause and Shane interrupts and begins to utilize position. While he may not be controlling Raw yet, HHH can't have his rematch clause as he signed Ambrose and Reigns to the WrestleMania Main Event and there will be no change. This enrages Triple H who convinces Vince to let him fight for control of Raw. HHH vs Shane for control just makes so much more sense.

Ten O'clock hour Lesnar and Heyman come out doing the promo, the lights go out with the Wyatt family interruption and they surround the ring. The slow methodical stalking climbing up on the apron. Lights go out again, the Gong, Undertaker side by side with Lesnar. Why? because at least the storylines have an attempt to intertwine. And how cool would it be to see Taker & Lesnar tag together to take on Wyatt and Stroman. Throw Rowan and Harper to the Tag Title situation again. They worked well there. But this keeps all the top stars you have currently, not injured, in play with very logical story lines.

New Mania Card

WWE World Heavyweight Title
Ambrose (c) v Reigns (better energy than HHH v Reigns)
Brother vs Brother (if they want to bill it)

For Control of Raw
Shane O'Mac v HHH (definitely more energy in this match.
Brother vs Brother in Law (look another Brothers fight theme)

Taker/Lesnar v Wyatt/Stroman
(ala Rock/Cena at Survivor Series vs Truth/Miz,)

The lower card feels like its headed in the right direction, just the top of the card had confused emotion.

How do you feel about the 3 matches listed above as your new WrestleMania 32 card?

This isn't going to happen. The main card is set and won't change.

There is NO chance Dean Ambrose will defeat Triple H. He's not WWE's choice, so he won't go over.

Brock Lesnar will squash Bray Wyatt because why should Bray Wyatt have ANY credibility? There's no chance Brock Lesnar and Undertaker will ever team together.

The only match that might not happen is Undertaker vs. Shane. I'm fairly certain Shane is going to get someone to wrestle for him. I have no idea who that will be.

Basically WWE could be interesting, unpredictable, and logical, but they choose to be the exact opposite.

Any other match other than Reigns vs Ambrose in the main event of Wrestlemania for the WWE World heavyweight championship should not happen. They've been building Reigns vs the Authority/Triple H since the Royal Rumble of LAST YEAR. The match may not be ideal for Wrestlemania but the build up has.
If wwe decided to go with Reigns vs Ambrose they would only have 3 weeks to build that match in time for Wrestlemania.
Also how bad would it look heading into Wrestlemania that THE World champion wasn't even a second thought of Brock Lesnar's. It would make Ambrose look inferior to Brock and the Wyatts(Lesnar sees them more as a threat). It already looks bad that the only times he has had an advantage over Lesnar was due to help from Reigns.

Lesnar and UNDERTAKER? TOGETHER? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Considering the breaking of the streak alone it makes no since for Taker to help Lesnar. Then you take into account their heated rivalry last year, it shouldn't happen. wwe would lose the little credibility they have left, if they would book Lesnar and Taker together. ESPECIALLY against a non threat like the Wyatt family.

Triple H/Taker vs Shane- this has been thrown together at the last minute. NO one really knows what wwe's plans are when it comes down to this match/story. I do feel like Triple H should be kept out of it to be honest. It's more of a family thing between Shane/Steph/Vince, I like that Trips has his own thing going.

I would much rather see your three matches(except for the 3rd one, take out Taker). But I feel like wwe has come too far now to turn around. They've planted seeds for Trips/Reigns for so long that its a dieing tree.

If I were running WWE I would say keep the 3 matches as is and at Mania do this....

HHH retains vs. Reigns
Lesnar defeats Ambrose but Dean gets Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart cred for the match and instead of submitting passes out to a submission
Shane vs. Undertaker ends when The Rock comes down and takes out Taker allowing Shane to pick up the win. Sets up Rock vs. Taker at Summerslam!!!

Xtreme Rules
Ambrose defeats HHH for the Title and has a nice Title run up until Summerslam when he faces Reigns again.

Reigns turns heel and becomes the corporate champion at Summerslam!!!

Man, you're really dreaming on this one. There is exactly zero chance that any of that happens. After 3 weeks of build for Mania, you think they'll just drop everything and DRASTICALLY change it based on the events of a Saturday night show? The Wrestlemania card is set, and all signs point to it not changing.

Hotshotting Reigns vs. Ambrose would be a huge mistake. That rivalry when one of them turns heel will be HUGE money later on. Why waste it now? On top of that, Lesnar & Taker teaming up is something I'd never want to see, and makes less sense than putting Shane in HIAC.

Man, you're really dreaming on this one. There is exactly zero chance that any of that happens. After 3 weeks of build for Mania, you think they'll just drop everything and DRASTICALLY change it based on the events of a Saturday night show? The Wrestlemania card is set, and all signs point to it not changing.

Hotshotting Reigns vs. Ambrose would be a huge mistake. That rivalry when one of them turns heel will be HUGE money later on. Why waste it now? On top of that, Lesnar & Taker teaming up is something I'd never want to see, and makes less sense than putting Shane in HIAC.

Of course I'm dreaming, but that's why they created these Forum's. Be our own bookers.

WWE seems so confused on what they should do that why the heck not change the card.

Based on the OP’s ideas, I think a better WrestleMania card could develop here thanks to the WWE Network Special, Roadblock. I love the idea of Dean Ambrose defeating Triple H at Roadblock. The surprise factor would definitely be huge. The new WrestleMania card could look like this.

30-man Andre The Giant Battle Royal
Adam Rose, Alberto Del Rio, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Dolph Ziggler, Fandango, Goldust, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, King Barrett, Mark Henry, The Miz, Neville, R-Truth, Rusev, Ryback, Sheamus, Stardust, Tyler Breeze, Zack Ryder, Austin Aries, Rhyno, Samoa Joe, Aiden English, Blake, Mojo Rawley, Murphy, and Simon Gotch

Control of WWE Hell In A Cell match (with Vince McMahon as the special guest referee and Stephanie McMahon as the special guest time keeper)
Triple H vs. Shane McMahon

8-man Tag Team match
The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, and Braun Strowman) vs. the Alliance of Darkness (Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, and Brock Lesnar)

Triple Threat Divas Championship Title match
Divas Champion, Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch

Tag Team Turmoil WWE World Tag Team Championship Title match
WWE World Tag Team Champions, the New Day vs. Y2AJ vs. the Dudley Boyz vs. the Usos vs. Los Matadores vs. the Ascension

United States Championship Title match
United States Champion, Kalisto vs. Sin Cara

Intercontinental Championship Title match
Intercontinental Champion, Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title match
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns

I could see the WWE switching up things following Roadblock, but I don't see it happening the way you're thinking...

There's simply no way that they're going to have The Undertaker comment on a match only to pull out the rug three weeks later. That match is set in stone. But, I do have my doubt on the Reigns / Triple H main event.

We all know Reigns is leaving WrestleMania with the WWE Title. We're also fairly certain that the crowd is going to shit all over that, making it possible that WrestleMania ends with a chorus of boos from the audience. If it's going to happen anyway, the WWE's best course of action would be to turn Reigns heel during the event. And that's not going to be accomplished by beating Triple H.

Enter Ambrose.

What happens if Ambrose wins the WWE Title at Roadblock? Triple H has the right to a re-match. Reigns won a match to earn him a WWE Title match at WrestleMania. And Lesnar has a signed contract to wrestle Ambrose at WrestleMania. Basically, everyone has a legal claim (kayfabe) to face the champion at the biggest event of the year.

I don't think the WWE is going to go the route of WrestleMania 2000, since the fatal-4way was a shit show... But I can see them building off the route taken for WrestleMania X. That would mean we'd get the matches we've already been promised with the winners of each facing off in the main event at the end of the night.

Such a scenario would provide us with Ambrose vs Reigns in the main event, which would not only lead to Reigns turning heel for the sake of winning the belt - but would ignite a program that could carry the WWE through the summer.

Additionally, Triple H needs to be involved with the Shane/Taker match to legitimize it. It's simply illogical if Triple H doesn't get himself involved in a match where his entire future is on the line. However, I struggle to see the WWE writing in this necessary inclusion if Triple H is supposedly readying himself to wrestle in the main event... Having him wrestle earlier in the night, I think improves the odds that the WWE will do what it needs to do to legitimize the stakes of the Taker/Shane match.

Changing the entire card at this point just makes WWE look stupid. Changing a match or two based on a title change? No unheard of, but generally that's when the WrestleMania main event is projected, not fully announced.

I'll agree with the OP that Ambrose vs Reigns should be the main event, albeit Reigns should still have the title and Ambrose should have won the Rumble. Part timers are once again over all three of WrestleMania's top matches.

There's no logic in changing the Shane and Undertaker match now that both have accepted on TV. Sure there's no logic to begin with, Triple H would have made so much more sense, but things are convoluted as they are. The only change I could see is a guest ref, but again this match is already full-blown school ground fantasy booking.

If they did move towards Ambrose winning the title, how do they reconcile the Lesnar and Ambrose situation without making Brock an afterthought? I've heard some people kick around the idea of a fatal four way, but that gives me night terrors of WrestleMania 2000.

The WrestleMania card should be set in stone. I don't love the idea of this Roadblock event being so close to WrestleMania. It's enough to have one event between the Rumble and Mania, two is a lot and is detracting from the prize that eyes should be on right now.

Most likely Ambrose wins via DQ, possibly loses off the distraction. Lesnar more than probably gets involved, thus keeping heel heat on Triple H, keeping heat on Lesnar, and keeping up Ambrose's momentum (if you can call it that, he kinda just keeps getting beat up).

This match has one goal, keep heat on Triple H and thus off Roman. It's unlikely to succeed in its goal, but having Triple H screw Ambrose, the hope is fans won't cheer the COO vs the stumbling Samoan. Sustaining his reign with a title defence also makes the Game look better when dropping the title at Mania.

Everything screams that Brock would interfere and it would be Lesnar/Ambrose in street fight and HHH/Reigns for the belt at Wrestlemania. Only thing that maybe will change is if Ambrose gets the title and then it would be Brock vs Ambrose for title. And even that is way too fucked up booking even for WWE. You dont change your months in advance Mania plans just because you want to make another network special before Mania.

Feel free to discuss your opinions on my New Mania top 3 matches or anything I've mentioned.

Everything screams a changed WrestleMania card to me, From the title of this card, to story lines past and present, the confusing pairings for Mania, and the post Mania believable fresh stories. We all now Reigns will beat HHH because HHH isn't looking to do anything past Mania until next Mania season, and there's confusion on who to cheer for on the three big matches. HHH v Reigns, we know how everyone stands there. Lesnar/Ambrose, we all love suplex city and we love the lunatic. I don't want to root against Undertaker vs Shane even at 22-1, and I also want to root for chaos of shane's storyline potential. The electricity of the card the way it is with the top 3 matches does not have great payoff feel. In fact the only real match that makes sense is HHH and Reigns and everyone hates it.

Everyone remember the Rumble and the Wyatt Family taking Lesnar out of the rumble. It was never addressed and if Bray is to stay over, this can't be a sacrificial lamb for Lesnar at RoadBlock. The Wyatt family has to destroy Brock at the end of the match. Don't care how it has to be done. Just do it. If they do this, look for Ambrose to Win the title.
Doesn't matter how, he wins.

THE NEXT RAW..... Ambrose opens the show, Reigns comes out obviously talking he won Rumble, Lesnar (or Heyman solo) comes out and basically tells Ambrose he can wait, he has something personal to take care of for the Wyatt family's actions at both Rumble and Roadblock.

The Authority shows up 9 O'clock hour or so. Triple H tries to invoke a rematch clause and Shane interrupts and begins to utilize position. While he may not be controlling Raw yet, HHH can't have his rematch clause as he signed Ambrose and Reigns to the WrestleMania Main Event and there will be no change. This enrages Triple H who convinces Vince to let him fight for control of Raw. HHH vs Shane for control just makes so much more sense.

Ten O'clock hour Lesnar and Heyman come out doing the promo, the lights go out with the Wyatt family interruption and they surround the ring. The slow methodical stalking climbing up on the apron. Lights go out again, the Gong, Undertaker side by side with Lesnar. Why? because at least the storylines have an attempt to intertwine. And how cool would it be to see Taker & Lesnar tag together to take on Wyatt and Stroman. Throw Rowan and Harper to the Tag Title situation again. They worked well there. But this keeps all the top stars you have currently, not injured, in play with very logical story lines.

New Mania Card

WWE World Heavyweight Title
Ambrose (c) v Reigns (better energy than HHH v Reigns)
Brother vs Brother (if they want to bill it)

For Control of Raw
Shane O'Mac v HHH (definitely more energy in this match.
Brother vs Brother in Law (look another Brothers fight theme)

Taker/Lesnar v Wyatt/Stroman
(ala Rock/Cena at Survivor Series vs Truth/Miz,)

The lower card feels like its headed in the right direction, just the top of the card had confused emotion.

How do you feel about the 3 matches listed above as your new WrestleMania 32 card?

Good topic. However, Reigns vs. Ambrose can't headline a WM. Nobody wants to see that. The problem is some people don't want to see Reigns in the WM main event.

I don't see how Shane could have power to book Reigns vs. Ambrose. I've seen random stuff like Jericho book a match on RAW but there's no way Vince would let Shane book a WM main event.

I highly doubt they'd have Taker and Brock in a tag team match at WM.

That's too much moving around. Best case, we may see Reigns return and have him cost HHH the title at Roadblock so we get Ambrose vs. Brock for the title and HHH vs. Reigns because more personal. Other than that, I think the actual matches won't change.

I like Bray but he probably won't be a featured person for WM. Probably be in the Andre The Giant battle royal, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back