Robin Williams Found Dead After Possible Suicide

Is it just me or do online commenters seem a lot less critical/disparaging of him than they were of Phillip S. Hoffman?

It is to be expected given the stigma attached to drugs.

Because Hoffman OD'ed, there is that nagging little voice in many peoples' head that says "he was a junkie, so he brought it on himself," even when it patently bullshit.

Given how Williams went, people are more willing to accept that he was troubled.

Wait, Philip Seymour Hoffman's ODing was intentional? This is news to me. I never knew he suffered from depression and/or suicidal ideations.

This is super sad. Robin Williams is definitely one of those signature comedians for people my age and I would suppose a lot older. And, obviously, generally a very good actor.

It's really crazy to start looking back on a lot of his old interviews where he talks about depression and suicide, trying to encourage people against it. Now it seems like he was trying to convince himself, and lost.

Very sad. A talented, brilliant man. His work made myself and others at different times both laugh and be deeply affected. I have heard that as a person he was quite great, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back