Roddy Piper Out of SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledge450

Pre-Show Stalwart
Roddy Piper hospitalized
November 17, 2006

WWE Hall of Famer “Rowdy” Roddy Piper has been hospitalized in Oregon for surgery after being sent home from WWE’s tour of the United Kingdom. Piper’s original diagnosis was kidney stones, however, sources close to the situation say the former World Tag Team Champion’s surgery may be a result of disc problems.

Due to Piper's injury, he will not participate at Survivor Series and will be replaced by a legend to be named later. Ric Flair will now be the lone captain of the legends team and Kenny will captain the Spirit Squad.

Just wondering who do people think will replace him at such short notice, and if people this will effect the match in anyway?
Ted DiBiaside Would have been a great choice, if they hadnt fired Him. IRS Seems the likely candidate, due to mike's appearence on raw with the legends initially. I just hope it isnt Hacksaw Jim Duggan, which it likely will be.

I would have thought that maybe Arn Anderson would fill in for him. After all, he was the manager of the team. But I don't know why Duggan would be a bad choice. He could probably further his feud with Eugene by Eugene costing him the match. BTW, did anyone notice Eugene had his green paint still on his jacket when he tried to collect the DX bounty? Guess the 'mentally challenged' gimmick will continue despite his heel turn.

I would like it to be Arn Anderson but I dont think he's physically able to wrestle. I see it being either Duggan or Kamala.

I hope it's Barry Windham. That will give it a little horsemen like feel.

Windham would be good but I dont think a WWE crowd would care about him. I hope they just put Carlito in the match, it wont make sence but he's one of the only big stars no on the P.P.V.

They will have a carlito promo on the show, possibly a cabanna (with whom though?) and it would make no sense having 4 legends and carlito, especially as he has no relevance to the match whatsoever. I thought arn anderson was in the match as it was 5 on 5 (flair,piper,rhodes,anderson,slaughter). Would make sense to whip anderson on the team then, though i still think it could be sum1 like snuka or IRS.

isn't Rick Steamboat an agent for WWE?...that would be huge if he is the final member...it probably will be Duggan or Snuka though, or maybe even Terry Funk

Personally, if they wanna give it a "Horsemen" feel....i'd love to see them put Dean Malenko in the spot. That would be a mark-out moment. And also, like Steamboat......he's an agent in the WWE also.

they should put duggan in there and have eugene come out with them and be at ringside then have him screw them ove rby attacking the last legend then it will cost them the match

No for the love of God, I hope it's not Hacksaw, because most likely if he's in it, Eugene will come out and fuck it up. Good Lord I hate his gimmick. He's an incredible wrestler(check out some of his stuff in OVW), I wish they would just have him like run into a wall or something to become unretarted.

for the record...Double A can't physically wrestle anymore. He has severe nerve and spinal damage that prevents him from doing so..it may be Steamboat

Since this has to do with a PPV, I dont understand why its in general WWE... Moving to PPV Section..

I've been thinking about this and I think the best choice would be Terry Funk, I beleive he's still part of the ECW roster(though I don't know why since you never see him anymore), a second good choice would be Mick Foley, though I don't think that'll happen since Vince and Melina fired him and birnging him back for this match woould possibly screw up future plans they may have, some others would be Stone Cold, Superfly Snuka, and maybe Road Warrior Animal, I also Like the idea of Steamboat

It could just as easily be Hogan ffs. It all depends on whether the Legends are supposed to win or not. Easy for them to draft in Hollywood if that's the case.

Who counts as a Legend? I'd love to see Jack the Snake back (my favourite) but that's never going to happen.

Wasn't Steamboat badly injured too? Iron Sheik is unlikely.

I say dig out Doink or someone. Honky Tonk Man is floating about (as is Snuka too for that matter).

There's every chance they won't announce until the match itself because noone could be as popular as Piper.

maybe jerry the King Lawler will be the replacment, that would be pretty cool, then they could have Masters run in (if he still ain't lying in a toilet unconsious somewhere), and take him out, another I was thinking of would be Bam Bam Bigelow, I don't know whats going on with him but certintly no body would expect him to come out

I think it will be ron simmions cause he would be better than everyone in the match

I think that if they do decide to go with Hogan, then we could see the Big Show come out and cost him the match. That would fill the void in the match and also give some kind of reasoning for this match that is rumored to be happening at Wrestlemania. It would be like killing 2 birds with one stone.

id like to see anderson fill in, cause it would be close to a four horsemen reunion and yeah, IRS would make a good addition to the team as well but id like it to be money inc. together. but anderson would be amazing. hacksaw is cool, but hes been back too much and hes fueding with eugene and another "cost" or loss due to a cost would suck as they have been terrible lately with raw.

I like the Road Warrior Animal idea that somone brought up.. Who it might be I have no idea.. I wish Arn could wrestle he was my favorite Horsemen. I also hope it could be Funk.. But I really don't know.....

considering the fact that ron simmons has been on television a few time sin the last few moths i thin kt hat would be a good idea and suprise everybody that hes going to wrestle again for at least that match, they should wait till ss to announce the fourth member and make everybody wonder all week who it will be

seinfeld83 said:
considering the fact that ron simmons has been on television a few time sin the last few moths i thin kt hat would be a good idea and suprise everybody that hes going to wrestle again for at least that match, they should wait till ss to announce the fourth member and make everybody wonder all week who it will be
I'm watching Raw now and Ric Flair and Kenny are having words, then simmons came out, and did his "danm" line, on Kenny, I'm thinking Simmons could really be the replacment, that would be pretty cool in my opinion because I've been wanting to see him wrestle again for years, in fact I wouldn't mind seeing him start a feud with JBL at survivor series, they could have a match early on the Royal Rumble card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back