ROH LD for 06.03.15 - Fuck TNA

I'm a ACH mark... wish he was in the x-division .. any chance of seeing him in a match tonight?

It is funny. A few weeks back there were "reports" of DA being pissed about TNA holding shows for television outside of the United States and the first ROH episode is from Toronto.

I don't know who reported that, I didn't see anything, but it wasn't Meltzer so I wouldn't believe it, unless it was Mike Johnson then it could be plausible.

But, again, this wasn't recorded to be intended to be used for DA, it was recorded two weeks ago for SBG channels.

I read it on the WZ main page. Can't remember who they lifted it from. I thought it was BS then as I do know.

It's all different than TNA. It's darker, grungier, etc. It looks real. It doesn't look like guys fighting in a scripted sport, or a soap opera like TNA, it looks like guys who have came to fight. Also, to quote their COO Joe Koff, they recorded this NOT intended for Destination America, but for SBG. They signed the DA deal last Wednesday morning. The next TV taping from NYC will be the first true TV taping for DA, which will in Koff's words, fix some obvious problems.

Hope so. Dark and grungy is fine. But it looks unprofessional right now. Quality is really low. I feel like I'm watching an illegal stream online of a show that was recorded with hand-held cameras by second-year art school students.

It's subjective. Josh Matthews is good, Al Snow is potentially the worst color commentator ever. Worse than Mark Madden. However people on both Reddit and Taima. TV are loving Corino so it swings both ways.

It's really not. In broadcasting, dead air is reserved for letting big moments breathe. When you're calling a match and you are literally just calling each move, and the match is slow, the pace of the entire show comes to a crawl. It's painful to listen to, because it's dead air moments.

Hopefully that's something else they address.

Hope so. Dark and grungy is fine. But it looks unprofessional right now. Quality is really low. I feel like I'm watching an illegal stream online of a show that was recorded with hand-held cameras by second-year art school students.

I'm on three chats right now, both of which are busier than this and you're the only person to say that. Taking into perspective how you're the biggest TNA fan on this forum, I can't say I'm taking that seriously.

It's really not. In broadcasting, dead air is reserved for letting big moments breathe. When you're calling a match and you are literally just calling each move, and the match is slow, the pace of the entire show comes to a crawl. It's painful to listen to, because it's dead air moments.

Hopefully that's something else they address.

Well, Jim Ross has said on his blog they're his favorite broadcast team in wrestling, so yano, I'll go with him. For obvious reasons.

I'm on three chats right now, both of which are busier than this and you're the only person to say that. Taking into perspective how you're the biggest TNA fan on this forum, I can't say I'm taking that seriously.

TNA's production are the second best in the U.S. next to WWE. Their graphic quality, their HD quality, their actual picture quality are all much better than this. They actually light their product better, even though their lighting looks like ROH when you compare it to WWE.

Again, the wrestling here is great. Crowd is great. Actual production? Not so great. If it's less sensational, it looks like old AWA footage that's been filmed in widescreen. Contrast and definition are lacking. Picture itself feels washed out.

Well, Jim Ross has said on his blog they're his favorite broadcast team in wrestling, so yano, I'll go with him. For obvious reasons.

Kelly is good. My experience with Corino(?) thus far is not positive, but this is the first week. I haven't watched ROH in like a year, plus. Last time was when Elgin was wrestling Styles, whenever that was, and it was still only a one-show watch.

I understand your points but I dig the ROH look. It is refreshing to see something so different from the other big boys. I do watch a lot of indy shit online so it is a style of production I've become accustomed to.

I understand your points but I dig the ROH look. It is refreshing to see something so different from the other big boys. I do watch a lot of indy shit online so it is a style of production I've become accustomed to.

Right. I have a buddy who watches a ton of indy, says the same thing. Says it doesn't bother him. But for anyone who is accustomed to the polished products of TNA or WWE (especially WWE), it's a noticeable downgrade.

TNA's production are the second best in the U.S. next to WWE. Their graphic quality, their HD quality, their actual picture quality are all much better than this. They actually light their product better, even though their lighting looks like ROH when you compare it to WWE.

TNA's also lost millions and millions of dollars and are now on the same station as ROH. This is ROH's first night on Destination America. You seem to be missing some points here.

Kelly is good. My experience with Corino(?) thus far is not positive, but this is the first week. I haven't watched ROH in like a year, plus. Last time was when Elgin was wrestling Styles, whenever that was, and it was still only a one-show watch.

Again, its subjective. Personally I love Corino, not a big fan of Kevin Kelly, although he's a much better play-by-play than Michael Cole. I like Josh Matthews a bit more than both but none of them are great.

I know a lot people long for the days of the Attitude Era for the explicit behavior but I miss the production. The feel and look just gave off an incredible vibe. Today's E is so polished it's a bit over the top at times.

This is the best I've seen of him, ever. He was mostly shit in TNA when he was asked to do anything even semi-serious and not for comedic relief.

He's IMO, the best heel in wrestling right now, and has been ever since he turned. What made it better was nobody, including myself thought he'd make a good heel, but they put him with Truth Martini and he plays such a good heel manager because he looks like a genuine scumbag.

He's IMO, the best heel in wrestling right now, and has been ever since he turned. What made it better was nobody, including myself thought he'd make a good heel, but they put him with Truth Martini and he plays such a good heel manager because he looks like a genuine scumbag.

Sounds to me like he learned a ton from Flair.

The Jay Driller just arrived to Destination America.

Solid show, nothing exceptional, but wasn't expecting it.

However, it's only UP from here.

TNA's also lost millions and millions of dollars and are now on the same station as ROH. This is ROH's first night on Destination America. You seem to be missing some points here.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that ROH's productions look unprofessional and TNA and WWE's do not.

I'm the one missing points? I made one — that ROH's production values look poor. So you're firing off non sequiturs about TNA losing money and being on the same channel as ROH? Utterly irrelevant.

Again, its subjective. Personally I love Corino, not a big fan of Kevin Kelly, although he's a much better play-by-play than Michael Cole. I like Josh Matthews a bit more than both but none of them are great.

I enjoy Matthews. Never liked Cole. Kelly has a good sound. I enjoyed him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back