• Ivan Drago

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savior of Silence

Occasional Pre-Show
LORD VOLDEMORT

Ralph-Fiennes-As-Lord-Voldemort-In-Harry-Potter.jpg

Lord Voldemort is the most evil wizard of all time. Almost no witch or wizard dares to speak his name, instead referring to him by epithets such as "You-Know-Who", "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" or "the Dark Lord". Voldemort's obsession with blood purity signifies his aim to rid the wizarding world of muggle heritage and to conquer both worlds, Muggle and wizarding, to achieve pure-blood dominance. He is the last descendant of wizard Salazar Slytherin, one of the four founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He is the leader of the Death Eaters, a group of evil wizards and witches dedicated to ridding the wizarding world of muggles and establishing Voldemort as its supreme ruler.

VS.

IVAN DRAGO

image.jpg

Ivan Drago is an Olympic gold medalist and an amateur boxing champion from the Soviet Union, who had an amateur record of 100-1-0 Wins (100 KO). He is billed at 6 ft 5 in (196 cm) and 261 pounds (118 kg, over 18 ½ stone). He wields a punch yielding over 1800 psi, whereas the average psi for a boxer is 700 psi. He is also an Infantry Captain in the Soviet Army and as seen on his chest, is a recipient of the Hero of the Soviet Union award. Drago is carefully fitted and trained to be the consummate fighter.

Voting closes 8/21/15 at 8 pm EST.

I hate Harry Potter movies, and Rocky 4 was the best movie of the series... So my vote will go to Ivan Drago. One punch from Drago and Voldemort's missing nose will come out from the back of his head.

I hate Harry Potter movies, and Rocky 4 was the best movie of the series... So my vote will go to Ivan Drago. One punch from Drago and Voldemort's missing nose will come out from the back of his head.

While I'm all about a vote for Ivan Drago, I cannot condone your disparaging claim of Rocky 4 being the best in the series. It's literally one big montage. The only reason it's not the worst is because Rocky 5 exists. 2 and 3 are definitely tied for best in the series.

Idk man, I liked 4 and 6 the most... Part 2 kinda overdid on Adrian's pregnancy and coma, while part 3 made Rocky look like a pu$$y for most of the movie. The two most memorable scenes from these two movies (for me) are the press conference from Rocky 2 and Apollo's kiss to Paulie from Rocky 3.
Rocky 4 had Rocky deal with the loss of his new coach and friend, adopting to hard conditions and fighting in front of a hostile crowd... and 6 featured the past-his-prime yet brave Rocky take another stab at it, plus the motivational speeches.
Stallone surely capitalized on the USA vs USSR rivalry with Rocky 4, but apart from that, it was really good. Drago was also Rocky's toughest opponent, and the injuries he sustained in that fight affected him for a long time.

Idk man, I liked 4 and 6 the most... Part 2 kinda overdid on Adrian's pregnancy and coma, while part 3 made Rocky look like a pu$$y for most of the movie. The two most memorable scenes from these two movies (for me) are the press conference from Rocky 2 and Apollo's kiss to Paulie from Rocky 3.
Rocky 4 had Rocky deal with the loss of his new coach and friend, adopting to hard conditions and fighting in front of a hostile crowd... and 6 featured the past-his-prime yet brave Rocky take another stab at it, plus the motivational speeches.
Stallone surely capitalized on the USA vs USSR rivalry with Rocky 4, but apart from that, it was really good. Drago was also Rocky's toughest opponent, and the injuries he sustained in that fight affected him for a long time.

Rocky Balboa was a great movie but I don't necessarily count it as part of the series. I know that sounds crazy but I put it in the same class as Creed. Rocky Balboa is in that movie but it's not a Rocky movie. If I did, it would be a 3 way tie for first.

I liked 3 mostly for the reason you named. They make Rocky out to be kind of a bitch but he loses arguably his closest friend in Micky and eventually develops the eye of the tiger. He ultimately becomes a better fighter in that movie and Rocky crying over Mick's dead body is one of the most powerful cries I've ever seen in a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back