Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round 3

batman-iron-man_zps3e08f8ad.png

Two of comics' biggest heroes collide as Batman takes on Iron Man. Batman used his plethora of gadgets and combat knowledge to take out Britain's super spy James Bond last round, while Iron Man had a tough fight against the wascally wabbit Bugs Bunny. Who will win this clash of heroes?

FIGHT!

There is a few reasons as to why I had picked Iron Man to win this bout. First off, the man within the suit is much smarter than the one with the cape. Yes, Mr. Wayne has made many of gadgets to use at his disposal but Mr. Stark on the other hand has made an element. With that kind of genius I think he could beat Batman even without his suit and just call in an airstrike but I digress. To add the disadvantages that the caped crusader the suit in itself is an impregnable tank with said element to blind and blast that bat away.

Man, I hate to say this as I love Batman but there's no way he wins this one without prep time. With prep time it would be an entirely different story, but with Iron Man's suit of armor I doubt Batman would be able to do anything. All of his gadgets or his martial arts wouldn't work, and Iron Man could just fly up and laser him or fire a missile.

I think given the rules of the tournament, that they pretty much fight as they are, without prepping for each individual opponent, that Iron Man has the advantage. His armor gives him abilities that Batman couldn't normally counter without preparing first. Essentially, if Iron Man can wrap his arms around Batman, the fight is already over. Batman is strong, but not strong enough to overpower a firm grip by Iron Man. Batman knows a lot of martial arts, something that is irrelevant against armor plating. He would just end up breaking bones trying to fight Iron Man that way. Iron Man can fly, allowing him to fight a ranged attack with energy blasts that Batman cannot defend against, Batman has his batarangs etc, but wouldn't those bounce off of the armor, making them ineffectual?

Further, couldn't Iron Man do exactly what he did to Iron Monger in the first Iron Man movie? Grab him, fly into high altitudes. Batman would run out of oxygen and pass out. Fight over.

Batman is probably my second favorite comic character of all time, Iron Man wouldn't even make the top 10. But, in a fight between them, without time to prepare, Iron Man has weapons Batman cannot counter, and should win.

This is probably going to be my favorite fight in the entire tournament. It's both of the non-super, almost anti-heroes going up against each other. It's the freaking battle of the rich, playboy, billionaire philanthropists! They are basically the Marvel/DC counter-parts that are equally loved by all the masses due to very successful film series in the last few years.

Iron Man advantages:
-Stronger offence. His rockets, lazors and artillery easily out-power the Bat.
-Longer range. See above.
-Stronger defense. Whichever version of the suit, it's stronger than the Batman's for sure.
-More intelligent. No offense to Batman, the guy is a master strategist. But he also doesn't have 4 doctorates, and he wouldn't have been able to save his own life with an arch reactor made from spare parts.
-Arial advantage. He can fly...enough said.
-Charisma. Stark likes talking; you've seen the Joker, Batman likes letting people talk WAY too much.

Batman advantages:
-He's a ninja. Long-range will be much more difficult an advantage if Stark can't find Batman.
-Smoke pellets, for easy escape.
-Batarang gives him SOME long-range utility.
-Much more agile and has a better range of motion than Iron Man.
-Grappling gun. Bats can zoom around from place to place, likely without being spotted if cover is used correctly.
-Martial arts. In a hand-to-hand battle, Wayne takes it easily. Unfortunately...still a suit to deal with.
-Misc. Gadgets - He'd likely have access to some sort of Wayne Tech that could (possibly) shut down Jarvis and the Mach suit. Although, Stark is an expert level hacker, as is Wayne. It'd be interest and probably a hilarious exchange to see Bruce try and hack into Tony's system.

There's one single advantage that I think Batman could use to pull off the slight upset. The EMP gun, as seen in Arkham City. If Batman can take the suit and its power systems offline for even a minute, he can zip over, plant a charge or small bomb powerful enough to blast a hole in the suit, and take down Stark. It won't be easy, but I think bats is the craftier of the two. If there is ANYBODY in the DC universe without OP super powers that could think of a way to take down Iron Man's defenses - recall they were made by one of the smartest men on the planet - it's Bruce Wyane.

There's one single advantage that I think Batman could use to pull off the slight upset. The EMP gun, as seen in Arkham City. If Batman can take the suit and its power systems offline for even a minute, he can zip over, plant a charge or small bomb powerful enough to blast a hole in the suit, and take down Stark.

Iron-Man's armor is shielded from EMP attacks

Character wise Stark and Wayne would probably be the mirrors of each other - troubled genius millionaires with gizmos galore (and an over-dependence on their butlers). However, when those gizmos go head to head, Bats is at a severe disadvantage on pretty much every level from range of offense to maneuverability to defensive capabilities.

Batman is famous in the DC Multiverse for having a plan to take down every super should they go rogue. Iron Man isn't off his mythology though, so this point is mute.

Iron Man should win this and reasonably comfortably.

Batman Of The Future's (Beyond) suit was upgraded from the old one and was basically the Batman equivalent of an Iron Man suit. However since we're talking Bruce Wayne and not Terry McGinnis then that pretty much sums up how this fight would go. Batman loses to the one with the more expensive toy.

Oh Batman goes down, and hard. Yes he has the wealth, the gadgets and all the Bat-crap he can manufacture, but Iron Man is already inside the ultimate gadget, and one that dispenses energy blasts and the like. Batman is slower, weaker, probably less intelligent and has not got armour on the level of Iron Man. Whatever Batman thinks he has an advantage in, he is outgunned here and on a fairly colossal scale. It's quite a simple result; Iron Man via destruction.

Without time to prepare, Wayne is outmatched here. His utility belt wont likely have what it takes to fry Starks suit and that means Batman is in a world of trouble.

All his fighting skill is for nothing here because Iron Man can take every shot Wayne hits him with. All the ninja skill and smoke pellets\shadow games are useless here because Stark will see him coming. Batarangs are like toothpicks to that armor. Hit him with the Batmobile? Just a dent and Stark is still going.

Batman will use his agility to his advantage and dodge plenty of attacks, but Iron Man's tech is giving Stark the win. Tony will get tired of playing and hit Wayne with a hard shot from a repulsor beam or fire a few guided missiles his way. Batman can take alot of punishment, but not as much as Iron Man has to freely give.

Broken bones, torn cape and a knocked out billionaire will be the end result here... Iron Man takes flight into round 4.

Man at first I didn't knew who to vote for, but after reading all your arguments, Batsy doesn't stand a chance! He seriously get his ass kicked, there's absolutely nothing he can do about. His armor might resist bullets (and that's completely debatable) but rockets, beams and an iron suit? Sorry Batsy, Stark goes flying to next round.

Actually, it's interesting that everybody has already condemned Batman in such a quick, matter of fact manner. Aren't we forgetting that he's went head to head against plenty of extremely powerful baddies and has hung on by the skin of his teeth long enough to come out with a victory??

I don't know, it's probably a moot point with all the posts I've just read, but I think Bats comes out on top due to his amazing ingenuity alone.

He's battled flying opponents, he's battled opponents with all manner of weaponry, and also opponents stronger than him.

I say Batman does it again here.

He also had time to prepare for all of those, something he doesn't have the luxury of doing here. He has nio Batcave to study Iron Man's weaknesses ahead of time, no Robin, no Allies. Since its on neutral ground, he also doesn't have access to the toys he has stashed all over Gotham. All he has is himself, and whatever his default contents of the utility belt are. And Tony Stark is every bit as ingenius as he is. Batman's hand to hand combat skill is useless against the armor.

Actually, it's interesting that everybody has already condemned Batman in such a quick, matter of fact manner. Aren't we forgetting that he's went head to head against plenty of extremely powerful baddies and has hung on by the skin of his teeth long enough to come out with a victory??

I am sad to admit it because Batman has always been my favorite over Iron Man- but Wayne just cant get it done here.

I don't know, it's probably a moot point with all the posts I've just read, but I think Bats comes out on top due to his amazing ingenuity alone.

Unfortunately thats not enough to defeat the man in the red and yellow suit.

He's battled flying opponents, he's battled opponents with all manner of weaponry, and also opponents stronger than him.

I say Batman does it again here.

With no time to prepare, study or build anything to counteract Stark's suit or technology? He is limited to what he has on his person and all the nifty tricks in the utility belt are not even close enough to dismantle Iron Man. Batarangs bounce off and smoke pellets\ bat grapple arent going to outrun the tracking ability of the suit. Wayne will try to dodge as much as possible but Stark has many weapons that will hit the mark.

Even all his fighting skill wont matter because one or two shots to the suit and Batman will realize its too strong to hit. He will break his bones before doing any dort of damage to the suit. Plus Stark can fly away, hit him with some targeted shots and call it a day without even throwing a punch.

I love the Dark Knight, but he is screwed without any preparation against Iron Man. If he had even a day to prepare this would be much different- but its not.

I have been a very solid Batman follower throughout this tournament, but he doesn't have much of a chance. I do not see a way for Brucey to win this won, Iron Man has a very high-tech suit and Bats doesn't know a thing about it nor the components of the suit. without this Batman is left with practically nothing to counter Iron Man, except for the chance of an exploding batarang, however I am not going to argue for that. My vote goes to Stark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back