Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Final Round

samus-vs-iron-man-finals.png

It all comes down to this. In an exciting rematch of one of the toughest-fought semifinal battles of last year, Samus Aran takes on Iron Man in the finals of the Battle Zone Tournament.

Samus Aran, space hunter extraordinaire, had to take on a slew of talented opponents in her fight to the top. In round 1, she bested the legendary savior of galaxies Commander Shepard. In round 2, she took on the copying robotic hero Mega Man in a tough battle that saw the Blue Bomber smashed. In round 3, she hunted Batman's archnemesis The Joker and made sure he met his end. In the semifinal, she took on last year's Humans winner and Nintendo favorite Link, but his magical bag of tricks was simply not enough for Samus's high-tech arsenal.

Iron Man had a similarly tough battle through the tournament. In round 1, he took on the evil genius Dr. Robotnik and his array of inventions, and defeated them with ease. In round 2, he went toe-to-toe with the wily trickster Bugs Bunny, but the wascally wabbit could not outsmart Stark's suit. In round 3, he took on the Caped Crusader, the Dark Knight Batman, and proved himself superior. And in the semifinals, Iron Man took on his leader and the leader of SHIELD, Nick Fury.

Both competitors are very similar, and the last time they clashed it was one of the longest and hardest-fought battles in the bracket. They have had similar paths through the tournament as well - almost mirror-images of each other. But in the end, one must stand, and one must fall.

Who will be declared the 2012 BattleZone Champion? It's time to find out.

FIGHT!

As for right now my vote goes to Iron Man for this match up but I will wait until later to vote. Before Extremis Samus might have stood a chance against Iron Man. He stores pieces of armor inside of his body and has a neural connection to his suit making it essentially apart of his body. The Extremis armor was a huge power boost to Iron Man so that he could be a competitor against foes that were also growing in power at Marvel at the time.

The events in Extremis though might actually disqualify Stark in the Human's Bracket because he gained a number of abilities from the virus some of which include ability to connect to anything with a radio frequency through thoughts and even a healing factor.

Going before Extremis though Iron Man could break out the Hulkbuster or Asgardian Armor and roflstomp Samus.

As for right now my vote goes to Iron Man for this match up but I will wait until later to vote. Before Extremis Samus might have stood a chance against Iron Man. He stores pieces of armor inside of his body and has a neural connection to his suit making it essentially apart of his body. The Extremis armor was a huge power boost to Iron Man so that he could be a competitor against foes that were also growing in power at Marvel at the time.

The events in Extremis though might actually disqualify Stark in the Human's Bracket because he gained a number of abilities from the virus some of which include ability to connect to anything with a radio frequency through thoughts and even a healing factor.

Going before Extremis though Iron Man could break out the Hulkbuster or Asgardian Armor and roflstomp Samus.

The bolded bit isn't happening, as neither armor is in ol' shellhead's bio, so unless I'm mistaken, he only has his standard armor for this fight. Not that that's a bad thing, because it really isn't. The same goes for Samus, so no gravity suit, phazon suit, phazon beam, Plasma beam etc.

Both Samus and Stark have a multitude of weapons they can take each other down with. Both have missiles, Stark has repulsor's, Samus has the power beam, and both of their suits allow them to survive in extreme environments. Samus arguably has an advantage in terms of ammunition, as her Gunship can replenish her missile supply.

Now, where do they differ? Well, Iron Man is a genius. Samus is no slouch, as seen with her abilities to solve puzzles. But I don't think anyone can argue that Stark has intelligence over her. But what Samus lacks in genius level intellect, she more than makes up for in experience. No matter which way you cut it, Samus has been trained to be a warrior since she was three years old. She's had combat training from the Galactic Police, and has a fearsome reputation as a bounty hunter. She has had alien DNA infused into her body, meaning she can survive a lot that most humans couldn't, and is faster, stronger and more agile than a normal human.

This fight is fucking annoying, because I love both of these characters. But for me, Samus has the edge. Iron Man has done some pretty impressive things, and is a top class super hero, but Samus is galaxy renowned. She is feared by many, to the point where one of the most blood-thirsty, dangerous races in the galaxy get their asses handed to them by her on a regular basis.

Iron Man could try and use his suits computers to gain control of her suit and shut it down, or upload a virus, but I sincerely doubt that an alien suit that is basically an extension of her, that some of the most devious and dangerous alien races in the galaxy have not been able to shut down, could be shut down in such methods. It could be possible, but in the time it takes Stark to do that, he'll be flying away from a trail of missiles while Samus recharges in the safety of her gunship with a million and one alien firewalls protecting her.

I'm not completely against the idea of Iron Man winning here. He could. But Samus has dealt with more dangerous foes than Iron Man, and beaten them to death. I just think this is too big an ask for Iron Man here.

Great, Ironman has a neat armour transport system. Shame that Samus still outguns Ironman though.

No prep time means those are off the table.

Samus' suit and the powerups she's obtained throughout her career is simply too much for Stark here. Samus could easily use her X-Ray visor to locate Stark's arc reactor and destablise/destroy it with a wave/nova beam causing it to blow up (killing him) or shut down, enabling her to finish him off with a blast to the head.

Don't kid yourself into thinking Stark stands a chance here. He doesn't, and all the nanobot armour in the world isn't going to change that.

The bolded bit isn't happening, as neither armor is in ol' shellhead's bio, so unless I'm mistaken, he only has his standard armor for this fight. Not that that's a bad thing, because it really isn't. The same goes for Samus, so no gravity suit, phazon suit, phazon beam, Plasma beam etc.

As established in Other M, the various suits/powerups Samus has gotten over the years aren't actually different suits. They're functions of the suit (once acquired) that can be turned on and off by her. That means that the beams, missile variants et al are able to be used by her here.

The Hulkbuster armour (and the other suits) aren't available to Stark because they are different suits of armour that he wouldn't have on him according to the rules.

As established in Other M, the various suits/powerups Samus has gotten over the years aren't actually different suits. They're functions of the suit (once acquired) that can be turned on and off by her. That means that the beams, missile variants et al are able to be used by her here.

The Hulkbuster armour (and the other suits) aren't available to Stark because they are different suits of armour that he wouldn't have on him according to the rules.

The annoying thing is that I nearly added this in about her weaponry, but completely overlooked the fact that it applies to her actual suit too.

In which case Stark is well and truly fucked. Plasma beam, super missiles, hell she could drop a powerbomb and use her grapple beam to keep him within the blast radius.

I still maintain that Iron Man could win this. But he won't.

I do not understand how Iron man is winning this, he clearly would lose against Samus. As previous posters have stated Stark is unable to use the most powerful of his suits according to the tournament rules, remaining in his usual suit which is still very powerful, but doesn't compare to Samus' huge arsenal which she has at her disposal. Think the score at the moment may be due to popularity instead of reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back