Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round Three

samusvsironman.png

In one of my favorite matches of the tournament, intergalactic bounty hunter and beautiful woman Samus Aran takes on genius inventor and fighter Iron Man. Last round, Samus was able to out-gun The Punisher Frank Castle, while Iron Man outsmarted and outmoved Japanese genius Light Yagami. Both of these competitors have super powered armor and firepower galore, but only one person in this match can call themselves the victor.

FIGHT!

Iron man vs Iron woman as some would say it. Believe it or not Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time. Be it as that may, they have many things in common. A love for over use of guns, Samus has so many different variations of her cannon it isn't funny. But what is one thing that isn't common about her is her armor. Iron man's suit fails in comparison to her Chozodian powersuit. It's just not as strong, I mean shit. She travels to different planets, this is the suit that Tony Stark would probably build if he was in this time period. But he isn't in this time period.

The sad thing about it is Iron man is trying to be superhuman with that suit. When I already believe Samus is superhuman. She has chozo dna does she not.

I believe that if Samus could catch him with her speed a simple screw attack would ruin his suit, and his day.

I could go on and on about the shit that Samus has, but in reality it's just her more advanced tech. I mean shit she's blown up what two planets?

I'm fully, FULLY backing Samus here. While Iron Man and Samus are matched up quite well in terms of technology, power, style, and looks, Samus has the extra advantage of combat training and the ability to compact into a hard-to-hit ball. Samus and Tony might have similar weaponry, but Samus can use it better.

Plus, that screw attack is nothing to sneeze at. That thing could tear Iron Man up.

Screw attack?
It is an advanced and powerful movement system that allows Samus to emit energy waves from points on her armor while she somersaults into the air, turning her into a rotating energy blade of destruction.

Sounds nasty... but...
Tony’s most recent armor is protected by an energy-draining shield which expands from the gauntlets, as well as a personal deflector shield.

Samus's combat training? How about Cpt America as your personal trainer?

Samus is superhuman because of her Chozo DNA!
Tony Stark is forced to have a new arc reactor, of Rand design installed in his chest. The process greatly improves his strength, stamina and intellect.

Even if Samus does extreme damage to Iron Man, he can just put on another suit...
The most recent models of Stark's armor, beginning with the Extremis Armor, are now stored in the hollow portions of Stark's bones

This will be monumental but Tony's intellect is off the map, Samus will be out-thought and out-manoeuvred and god help her if he turns on the Stark charm.

Iron Man has this. Samus's power suit is nothing to sneeze at, but unlike Stark's, it's attacks are purely of the physical variety. Stark's Iron Man suit has an extremely advanced computer that will allow him to hack into even the most advanced security systems, and I doubt Samus's suit is going to be much match for Starktech.

Tony holds of Samus long enough to shut her suit down, which I would count as incapacitation enough. If that's not enough, a defenseless Samus would be easy pickings for Iron Man.

Even if Samus does extreme damage to Iron Man, he can just put on another suit...

He can't, though. That would involve him bringing another suit, getting out of his current one, and getting in the new one. Even if the fight isn't ruled in Samus' favor by incapacitation, it certainly will be after Samus has dropped a few bombs at Tony's feet, or has hit him with her fully charged power beam.

Even without the screw attack, Samus has a myriad of ways to take Stark down. Iron Man has missiles, but Samus has a great variety of missile types. Homing missiles, ice missiles, even a missile that combines the energy from her plasma cannon to create a highly destructive and explosive force.

What about her ability to create a small black hole that can't destroy smaller enemies and leech energy away from larger ones? Iron Man could lose health and even parts to the black hole before Samus charges her Lightforce cannon and strikes the weakened Iron Man with a cannon blast that could obliterate him.

Samus has faced alien threats just as formidable as the ones Iron Man has fought, and her suit behaves in much the same way. Her Chozo DNA allows her to survive in extreme environments and her armor bonds with her physically and mentally. It's not just another suit with a computer inside. It's part of her.

Finally, Samus is also a warrior first and foremost and a female second. I highly doubt she'll be particularly quick to fall for "the Stark charm". She's not one to be wooed by a handsome man with a wink and a smile. She's intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran, and she is a fighter.

Samus can win this.

Iron Man has this. Samus's power suit is nothing to sneeze at, but unlike Stark's, it's attacks are purely of the physical variety. Stark's Iron Man suit has an extremely advanced computer that will allow him to hack into even the most advanced security systems, and I doubt Samus's suit is going to be much match for Starktech.

Tony holds of Samus long enough to shut her suit down, which I would count as incapacitation enough. If that's not enough, a defenseless Samus would be easy pickings for Iron Man.

A Samus without her suit is just as deadly as a Samus with. You've played Super Smash Bros. Brawl, right? After her suit is destroyed by her Final Smash, Samus fights in the Zero Suit, which allows her to move faster and changes her fighting style to one focused on agility. She can use her paralyzer gun, which fires electric shocks that can paralyze an enemy, and also transforms into a laser whip that can be used for a variety of purposes. As Zero Suit Samus, she's quick enough that if she launches an enemy into the air she can grab them with her laser whip and throw them around. She can fire concentrated bolts from the gun that could certainly shut Iron Man down, winning her the fight.

It's a pretty powerful tool, that paralyzer gun, and combined with Samus' high speed when suitless she'd still be more than a match for Stark.

Samus and Iron Man have very similar types of attacks that they can use against each other. However, Samus has a trick up her sleeve that Iron Man would never expect, just as he thinks he has her defeated, suddenly, THIS happens:

[YOUTUBE]GV5XASHk6ZM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Samus has restored all of her energy at the expense of a few bombs and missiles. Now she has the advantage because she's back at full health. Whether it's the Charge Beam, Missiles, Power Bombs, or even the Screw Attack (lol) that she chooses to attack with.... She can win. Samus can withstand anything Iron Man tries to attack with as long as she keeps enough bombs and missiles in reserve to be able to Crystal Flash again. This skill will keep her in the fight until she wins.

He can't, though. That would involve him bringing another suit, getting out of his current one, and getting in the new one. Even if the fight isn't ruled in Samus' favor by incapacitation, it certainly will be after Samus has dropped a few bombs at Tony's feet, or has hit him with her fully charged power beam.

He can though, he has every suit from Extremis on built into his bones.

Even without the screw attack, Samus has a myriad of ways to take Stark down. Iron Man has missiles, but Samus has a great variety of missile types. Homing missiles, ice missiles, even a missile that combines the energy from her plasma cannon to create a highly destructive and explosive force.

I'll not get into a phallic argument but sufficient to say that Tony's suits have their own wide array of both offensive and defensive tools.

What about her ability to create a small black hole that can't destroy smaller enemies and leech energy away from larger ones? Iron Man could lose health and even parts to the black hole before Samus charges her Lightforce cannon and strikes the weakened Iron Man with a cannon blast that could obliterate him.

Samus has faced alien threats just as formidable as the ones Iron Man has fought, and her suit behaves in much the same way. Her Chozo DNA allows her to survive in extreme environments and her armor bonds with her physically and mentally. It's not just another suit with a computer inside. It's part of her.

Tony possesses the Space Infinity Gem and this means he can survive in any environment and his suits are literally part of him, he can't just take it off anymore.

Finally, Samus is also a warrior first and foremost and a female second. I highly doubt she'll be particularly quick to fall for "the Stark charm". She's not one to be wooed by a handsome man with a wink and a smile. She's intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran, and she is a fighter.

Don't underestimate the power of Stark, he makes Bond & Kirk look like virginal amateurs.

Samus can win this.

Possibly, but I still give Iron Man the edge because of his intellect.

A Samus without her suit is just as deadly as a Samus with. You've played Super Smash Bros. Brawl, right? After her suit is destroyed by her Final Smash, Samus fights in the Zero Suit, which allows her to move faster and changes her fighting style to one focused on agility. She can use her paralyzer gun, which fires electric shocks that can paralyze an enemy, and also transforms into a laser whip that can be used for a variety of purposes. As Zero Suit Samus, she's quick enough that if she launches an enemy into the air she can grab them with her laser whip and throw them around. She can fire concentrated bolts from the gun that could certainly shut Iron Man down, winning her the fight.

It's a pretty powerful tool, that paralyzer gun, and combined with Samus' high speed when suitless she'd still be more than a match for Stark.

If the Zero Suit was that great though, she'd not need the power suit. Stark has the ability to use the systems in his suits to predict the movements of his opponents. Agility is nice but it struggles against a user that will lay down attacks based on it's observations of you. As for whips, if there is one weapon Iron Man is always prepared for it's whips.

Samus and Iron Man have very similar types of attacks that they can use against each other. However, Samus has a trick up her sleeve that Iron Man would never expect, just as he thinks he has her defeated, suddenly, THIS happens:

[YOUTUBE]GV5XASHk6ZM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Samus has restored all of her energy at the expense of a few bombs and missiles. Now she has the advantage because she's back at full health. Whether it's the Charge Beam, Missiles, Power Bombs, or even the Screw Attack (lol) that she chooses to attack with.... She can win. Samus can withstand anything Iron Man tries to attack with as long as she keeps enough bombs and missiles in reserve to be able to Crystal Flash again. This skill will keep her in the fight until she wins.

But as I have said, Tony possesses the same ability. He has other suits (literally) up his sleeve.

The abilities of these two are incredibly similar but I still think that Iron Man's superior intellect would be the difference.

I think Samus will win with what's been said already however lets think psycologically here.

Can Tony Stark say no to this?
14422%20-%20Metroid%20Samus_Aran%20Zero_Suit_Samus.png

His two weaknesses are girls and alcohol so surely he'll think he's in with a chance with her, try to bed her and bamf a bomb's dropped and Samus rolls off into the night with an incapacitated Tony Stark.

Victory Samus.

Erm... why does the woman win in this scenario? Stark is a love god (he is Shulkie's FWB) in the Marvel Universe, what's to say that he beds her and leaves her moochin about like little girl lost when he returns to Pepper? Plus, once again, he is über intelligent and pretty cold blooded - he may like to sleep around but not at the risk of his life (not these days anyhow).

Oh here is the thing, Samus has diffrent suits to. Idk why people are just saying oh Stark has this and that. Samus has a Regular suit that's been named, her chozo armor, her Ped suit that allows her to get into hyper mode. Also she has a dark suit and Fusion suit.

So really any suit that Stark has while him being of abnormal Intellect would be trumphed by one of Samus's suits. I don't care how smart he is, his brain and advanced tech wouldn't be that evolved to combat anything this far into the future.

Technology differs from alternate Universes. Star Wars is allegedly way in the past, does that make their technology obsolete? Marvel is meant to be set now but I ain't seen any Iron Men, time machines or trips to micro-universes on the documentary channels. Plus a simple stone & sling would still be capable of killing a normal man - you don't have to nuke him.

But isn't a normal man. She's a woman, infused with Chozo dna. That dna makes her allmost the perfect warrior. Samus has everything that Stark does, just better. You may not need a nuke to kill Stark. But upgraded guns and weps lightyears ahead of his will help.

But isn't a normal man. She's a woman, infused with Chozo dna. That dna makes her allmost the perfect warrior. Samus has everything that Stark does, just better. You may not need a nuke to kill Stark. But upgraded guns and weps lightyears ahead of his will help.

And yet I'm yet to here a weapon that he hasn't encountered. Light years indeed. Just out of curiosity, how many citizens in Samus's universe have war suits built into their bodies?

So what exactly is stopping Samus from simply using her freeze ray to freeze Stark where he stands and than just unload as many missiles on him until he's able to break free and unfreeze himself? Ya know that armor Stark has isn't exactly indestructible right, I know the newest version of his armor has been destroyed before, & where it was restored to normal in few seconds, those few seconds leave Stark completely vulnerable to any attack, a few seconds is all Samus is going to need to put an end to Ironman.

Missles justin? Shit she could catch him with that freeze ray and run train on him with a screw attack. Or drop about twenty bombs at his feet. Time it right and just when Stark un freezes..... Boom. Game set match, Samus wins this. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just a fanboy.

The Extremis argument for Iron Chump is rather weak.

Effects of the Extremis process, apart from the changes specific to Tony, included: greatly accelerated healing, an immensely boosted immune system, the generation of "new, improved organs" (Tony's cardiovascular and respiratory systems were greatly upgraded) and, as a side effect, increased aggressiveness. Tony had the super powers removed from the Extremis compiler, replacing them for the ability to interface directly with machines and his own armor, but Mallen retained these, so that he also possessed high-level super strength, super-speed, a high level of invulnerability, and the abilities to breathe fire and project electric arcs from his hands.

Extremis doesn't let Tony make a "suit out of nothing" or out of his blood; it let's him pull forth a control sheath. This is why, upon it's debut (after Stark busted out of a giant scab coma or whatever) Stark also debuted a suitcase sized suit which could assemble on his mental command. So, the argument that he can withstand the loss of or tremendous damage to his one suit is invalid.

Vote Samus.

DirtyJosé;3404590 said:
The Extremis argument for Iron Chump is rather weak.

Extremis doesn't let Tony make a "suit out of nothing" or out of his blood; it let's him pull forth a control sheath. This is why, upon it's debut (after Stark busted out of a giant scab coma or whatever) Stark also debuted a suitcase sized suit which could assemble on his mental command. So, the argument that he can withstand the loss of or tremendous damage to his one suit is invalid.

Vote Samus.

Phew, thank goodness I didn't make that argument! I said he had every suit from Extremis built into his bones.

The most recent models of Stark's armor, beginning with the Extremis Armor, are now stored in the hollow portions of Stark's bones, and the personal area networking implement used to control it is implanted in his forearm, and connected directly to his central nervous system

Missles justin? Shit she could catch him with that freeze ray and run train on him with a screw attack. Or drop about twenty bombs at his feet. Time it right and just when Stark un freezes..... Boom. Game set match, Samus wins this. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just a fanboy.

Freezing? Really? He has his own ultra-freon beam but would leave himself vulnerable?

Look, both Universes are only limited by man's imagination so arguing that Samus is from the future, so her tech beats Iron Man's is blowing smoke. Anybody except a complete 'fanboy' will acknowledge that either competitor has a chance of winning (unlike for example, Cpt America who simply does not have the skill set to take down the Hulk single handed). I am simply stating that Tony has the advantage in my eyes because of his off the chart intelligence.

I'm sorry, but the Extremis armor isn't unstoppable, in the "Worlds Most Wanted" arc Starks Extremis powers fail, to the point where Norman Osborn is able to savagely beat an Extremis armor equipped Stark into a fucking vegetative state. If Osborn can beat Stark while he was the stupid Extremis armor, than surely someone like Samus who has been trained for combat since she was a child & equipped with far more advanced weapons & technology should be able to take care of the Iron Man as well. The Extremis armor, while very good, is being vastly overrated in this thread.

Samus wins this fight, Stark is...well, left looking like this

51DY7PwW0nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DEFEATED.

I'm sorry, but the Extremis armor isn't unstoppable, in the "Worlds Most Wanted" arc Starks Extremis powers fail, to the point where Norman Osborn is able to savagely beat an Extremis armor equipped Stark into a fucking vegetative state. If Osborn can beat Stark while he was the stupid Extremis armor, than surely someone like Samus who has been trained for combat since she was a child & equipped with far more advanced weapons & technology should be able to take care of the Iron Man as well. The Extremis armor, while very good, is being vastly overrated in this thread.

Samus wins this fight, Stark is...well, left looking like this

51DY7PwW0nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DEFEATED.

First off, I never stated his primary suit would be Extremis, just that he had access to every suit from that due to them being embedded in his bones.

Secondly, nice selective storytelling, it really makes a compelling argument. This was during the period that Osborn was in charge of the Earth's defences. To prevent him getting access to the the secret identities of heroes under Superhuman Registration Act and to things that he had developed (including the Iron Man), he was wiping his own brain which contained all the files. Oh yeah, and he wasn't wearing the Extremis armour, he was wearing one of his first most basic suits. The cover you have displayed used the more elaborate suit because the plain grey one wouldn't make for nearly as punchy a visual.

Stark uploads a virus to destroy all records of the Registration Act, thus preventing Norman Osborn from learning the identities of his fellow heroes. The only copy remaining is in Stark's brain, which he is trying to delete bit by bit while on the run in one of his extra armors. As Osborn has him hunted as a fugitive, Stark travels worldwide on his quest to wipe out his mental database, going so far as to inflict brain damage on himself. When Osborn personally catches up to the debilitated Stark and beats him savagely

Basically, your argument is untrue - not blaming you, I'm guessing your sources were unspecific and seeing the cover made you get 5 from adding 2 and 2.

First off, I never stated his primary suit would be Extremis, just that he had access to every suit from that due to them being embedded in his bones.

Exactly how many god damn times do you need to be told this Stark only has access to ONE suit in this fight, he can't just keep switching suits once one gets fucked up. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THINK FUCKING SKULL YET?

I also love how once someone finds away around your sill Extremis armor arguments, you back pedal like a mother fucker, you've stated in almost every argument how great and grand the Extremis armor is and making it sound as if noday can beat Stark while in that armor, WHEN HE HAS BEEN DEFEATED WITH THAT ARMOR!!!

Secondly, nice selective storytelling, it really makes a compelling argument. This was during the period that Osborn was in charge of the Earth's defences. To prevent him getting access to the the secret identities of heroes under Superhuman Registration Act and to things that he had developed (including the Iron Man), he was wiping his own brain which contained all the files. Oh yeah, and he wasn't wearing the Extremis armour, he was wearing one of his first most basic suits. The cover you have displayed used the more elaborate suit because the plain grey one wouldn't make for nearly as punchy a visual.

Regardless Osborn deafeated him, he was left in a vegitative state, Samus has far better EVERYTHING than the UNinvincable Iron Man, & would be able to defeat him

Basically, your argument is untrue - not blaming you,

How? it happened in comics, so how is my argument untrue?, Stark was defeated, that was my point, if Osborn could defeat Stark, than so could Samus

I'm guessing your sources were unspecific and seeing the cover made you get 5 from adding 2 and 2.

Yeah Marvel them selves were very unspecific :rolleyes:

Lets be honest here, the only reason you won't just admit defeat is because of your blatant Anti-Nintendo bias

Lets also not forgot that at the end of the Civil War storyline, that Iron Man was nearly beaten to death by Cap, with only use of his fists and shield, But I suppose you got some crazy argument for that too. :rolleyes:

Exactly how many god damn times do you need to be told this Stark only has access to ONE suit in this fight, he can't just keep switching suits once one gets fucked up. GET IT THROUGH YOUR THINK FUCKING SKULL YET?

Take it you mean 'THICK'? Stark has multiple suits in his body structure, he can use as many of them as he wishes - check with the mods if you don't believe me, he isn't pre-empting they're there 24/7.

I also love how once someone finds away around your sill Extremis armor arguments, you back pedal like a mother fucker, you've stated in almost every argument how great and grand the Extremis armor is and making it sound as if noday can beat Stark while in that armor, WHEN HE HAS BEEN DEFEATED WITH THAT ARMOR!!!

He wasn't defeated with that armour, he was in an old suit. Show me once, just once, where I stated that he started the fight in the Extremis suit. I haven't back pedalled once, I just pointed out an inaccuracy in your accusation.

Regardless Osborn deafeated him, he was left in a vegitative state, Samus has far better EVERYTHING than the UNinvincable Iron Man, & would be able to defeat him.

How? it happened in comics, so how is my argument untrue?, Stark was defeated, that was my point, if Osborn could defeat Stark, than so could Samus

So your picking a severely weakened Iron Man to ensure your girl wins then? This is a fair fight competition, I haven't went hunting for Samus' weakest incarnation.

Yeah Marvel them selves were very unspecific :rolleyes:

Just trying to be civil. So you deliberately ignored the fact that Stark was severely debilitated against Osborne to make your case stronger then?

Quoting Marvels Official Website for Iron Man
"As Tony’s mind deteriorated he was finally assaulted in Dubai by the Iron Patriot-armored Osborn. By then Stark was virtually brain-dead and, as their battle was being televised, Osborn was forced to bring him in alive or risk being exposed for murdering a helpless man."

It doesn't mention which suit he was wearing.

Lets be honest here, the only reason you won't just admit defeat is because of your blatant Anti-Nintendo bias

No actually, I have conceded that Samus could win (something you haven't done for Iron Man). I have just stated my opinion that I believe Stark's intelligence will see him through and debated your post because you picked him at his weakest mental ebb ever and in one of his most primitive suits. If you want to check, I voted Samus over the Punisher in the last round and I much prefer Frank Castle to Tony Stark.

This is a debate on which fictional character can defeat which fictional character. How about treating it as the bit of craic it's intended to be?

Lets also not forgot that at the end of the Civil War storyline, that Iron Man was nearly beaten to death by Cap, with only use of his fists and shield, But I suppose you got some crazy argument for that too. :rolleyes:

Why bother? Iron Man has been in existence for almost half a century, it isn't that hard to roll out people who have defeated him. How many million times has Samus been killed as valiant gameplayers have tried to get her various incarnations to the ultimate goal in each Metroid?

These things do not matter, all that matters is this one battle. As such you have to be fair and allow both their strongest versions. Again, it is not inconceivable that either wins, so the fun bit is trying to argue your version to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back