Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Three...

z8LyqMW.png

Stage: Tricell Laboratory

Despite their familiarity with all manner of fantastic things, even these two seasoned competitors will be shocked to see what kind of grotesque experiments occur within Tricell Laboratory. But these beasts will be the least of their concerns, as the powerful wizard, Dumbledore, takes on Bayonetta, the Umbran Witch. These powerful magic users will have to pull out all of their most powerful spells and artifacts if they want to survive to the quarter finals, but whose magic is more powerful?

FIGHT!

Well let's see. Dumbledore is the greatest wizard of his age and has never been defeated in fair combat. I really don't see Bayonetta being able to take him down here, especially when any advantage her sexuality will provide being negated by Dumbledore being gay.

I mean, there's also the fact that Bayonetta's looks aren't really used as a weapon, and her main weapons are her magic, her guns, and her ability to summon vicious demonic traps. She's fought and defeated massive angels and demons before. Don't downplay her just because you don't know much about her. These are two of the absolute strongest magic users not named Merlin in fiction.

I'll be formulating a proper post sooner or later, but this is not a cut-and-dry fight.

Being familiar with both, I can't help but see a victory in the 7 foot babe column.

Dumbledore is powerful, there's no getting around it. But Bayonetta is physically fast. Insanely so. His spell are more advanced. But I honestly don't think she'd need magic to kill the Headmaster. We're talking about a woman that can dodge bullets at point blank range without using Witch Time. Dumbledoor is quick with his wand. But he's not super-human like she is. He would have to have prep-time to layout defensive spells to even have a chance. I don't think he can cast protego fast enough to block a super-human's magic guns.

If Dumbledore is 'fast enough to catch Trunks with his wand' (he's not but please have some consistency or are you saying you all argue and vote for bullshit) then he's more than fast enough and powerful enough to catch and KO or kill Bayonetta.

Bayonetta is another one of those physically powerful, fast, durable opponents, but considerably less so than Trunks. Now she can use magic, however, I'm under the impression that she's not as skilled or well versed in its use as Dumbledore.

I'm voting for Dumbledore. Before the Trunks battle, I would've voted for Bayonetta, however, if Dumbledore can take out Trunks, he can take out Bayonetta. If I'm wrong, someone explain to me how, then admit to me that you did nothing more in the last round than vote against Trunks, then I will vote for Bayonetta.

I'm going to ask a few questions to any super Harry Potter fan who is supporting Dumbledore.

If Dumbledore is so super-duper powerful, how come Snape just went -Shazam Bitch!- and the old man went flying to his death?

Shouldn't Dumbledore's ultra powerful reactions prevent that from happening?

Wasn't he really,really old and well past his prime?

When he fought Voldemort in the movie, why didn't he just crush him easily like he's been held to this high pedestal?

I'm going to ask a few questions to any super Harry Potter fan who is supporting Dumbledore.

If Dumbledore is so super-duper powerful, how come Snape just went -Shazam Bitch!- and the old man went flying to his death?

Shouldn't Dumbledore's ultra powerful reactions prevent that from happening?

Wasn't he really,really old and well past his prime?

When he fought Voldemort in the movie, why didn't he just crush him easily like he's been held to this high pedestal?

The Snape thing was part of a plan Snape and Dumbledore had concocted. When Dumbledore says "Severus, please", he isn't begging for his life but rather for Severus to do what needs to be done. With Snape killing Dumbledore, Voldermort put more trust in Snape which could be used against him later on.

Snape killed Dumbledore because Dumbledore allowed and planned it, not because Snape was better.

Dumbledore couldn't kill Voldermort because a prophecy, which Dumbledore knew of, said only Harry could do it.

If Dumbledore is 'fast enough to catch Trunks with his wand' (he's not but please have some consistency or are you saying you all argue and vote for bullshit) then he's more than fast enough and powerful enough to catch and KO or kill Bayonetta.

Bayonetta is another one of those physically powerful, fast, durable opponents, but considerably less so than Trunks. Now she can use magic, however, I'm under the impression that she's not as skilled or well versed in its use as Dumbledore.

I'm voting for Dumbledore. Before the Trunks battle, I would've voted for Bayonetta, however, if Dumbledore can take out Trunks, he can take out Bayonetta. If I'm wrong, someone explain to me how, then admit to me that you did nothing more in the last round than vote against Trunks, then I will vote for Bayonetta.

Please, please don't tell me he went over Trunks from DBZ? Because that had to have been bullshit. Dumbledore isn't super-human. What proof is there that he could match those speeds?

The Snape thing was part of a plan Snape and Dumbledore had concocted. When Dumbledore says "Severus, please", he isn't begging for his life but rather for Severus to do what needs to be done. With Snape killing Dumbledore, Voldermort put more trust in Snape which could be used against him later on.

Snape killed Dumbledore because Dumbledore allowed and planned it, not because Snape was better.

Dumbledore couldn't kill Voldermort because a prophecy, which Dumbledore knew of, said only Harry could do it.

Nice, I didn't catch that when I watched it. All Bayonetta would have to do now is to convince Dumbledore that he needs to die so she can get Voldemort to trust her more. He'd agree to it and Bayonetta wins the round.

Please, please don't tell me he went over Trunks from DBZ? Because that had to have been bullshit. Dumbledore isn't super-human. What proof is there that he could match those speeds?

Yes he went over Trunks from DBZ. Read the thread. Like I said, I believe the majority was not so much voting for Dumbledore as voting against Trunks. Some said they voted against Trunks because of my attitude because apparently telling people that they're wrong when they actually are wrong is being dick.

Bayonetta's womanly charms are never used for fighting and Dumbledore (in true gay man fashion) always had a flirt with Professor McGonnagal. The argument is invalidated on both sides.

Nice, I didn't catch that when I watched it. All Bayonetta would have to do now is to convince Dumbledore that he needs to die so she can get Voldemort to trust her more. He'd agree to it and Bayonetta wins the round.

Dumbledore knew Snape from being 11 years old, for over 20 years he had his trust and knew what was going on. Bayonetta's someone he's fighting in a tournament.

Before you throw the English accent/witch so must have gone to Hogwarts being a European she'd have been Durmstrang Institute or more likely Beauxbatons Academy of Magic (though one argument is she would have attended after Nicolas Flamel so would be well versed in the Philosopher's stone, run with that if you want).

Yes he went over Trunks from DBZ. Read the thread. Like I said, I believe the majority was not so much voting for Dumbledore as voting against Trunks. Some said they voted against Trunks because of my attitude because apparently telling people that they're wrong when they actually are wrong is being dick.

People didn't vote for Dumbledore because of your attitude, they voted Dumbledore because your arguments for Trunks were not persuasive.

Bayonetta v Dumbledore would be a match for the ages. Having played both games I find she's a bit reliant on combo moves (in true Platinum games style) which may work against her. An expelliarmus before a combo move is built up could work well in Dumbledore's favour.

It all depends on whether Bayonetta can pull off a strong first move to throw Albus off his stride. Dumbledore may be able to defend attacks especially during a Witch Twist which would throw her off for a few seconds when she lands. Another round of "Can Dumbledore match her speed" and the answer is...obviously.

It all depends on whether Bayonetta can pull off a strong first move to throw Albus off his stride. Dumbledore may be able to defend attacks especially during a Witch Twist which would throw her off for a few seconds when she lands. Another round of "Can Dumbledore match her speed" and the answer is...obviously.

You can't say obviously without providing an example. I've read the books over and over again. The closest thing Dumbledore has to super human speed is an old west gunslinger-like ability to draw and cast spells. Which is imptessive. But when your opponent can dodge being shot in the back with the bullets being fired at close range, you're simply going to have trouble hitting her. Worse yet, once she does dodge them, she suddenly has the ability to slow down time. If Dumbledore misses a single spell, he'd dead. If Bayonetta gets in close, he's dead. Unless Mr. Dumbledore opens the fight with Avadakadavre and just gets lucky, he really doesn't stand much of a chance against a women that has all the benefits of Trunks' super human strength and speed, coupled with an understanding of magic that's allowed her to kill angels. Having Madomma Butterfly is just overkill on top of that.

Trunks kind of makes sense. If Dumbledore goes for the kill immediately, Trunks is likely to try and deflect the unblockable blast rather than dodge it, due to being unfamiliar with magic and sensing Dumbldore's low power level. But Bayonetta knows a spell when she sees it. And her best power is reliant on not being hit. It's her entire thing. She would dodge and take Dumbledore's magic seriously. And that will lead to a dead old man.

Reactions: Lee
You do realise Bayonetta is older than Dumbledore don't you? He'll not be a dead old man.

Dumbledore in the books is not him at his peak, it's like saying Yoda in Empire is him at his peak, it's not.

Here's porevious 'speed' arguments that have been proven in the last two rounds. Here's an example:
Dumbledore was more than capable of non-verbal and wandless spells. One such example is Arresto Momentum.

Dumbledore has used Arresto Momentum to both slow down and stop movement so your "But Neo is fast" argument is useful. The spell primarily used on Quaffle the spell has been used on the Golden Snitch in the past as well. I'm sure the Golden Snitch can move faster than Neo.

You do realise Bayonetta is older than Dumbledore don't you? He'll not be a dead old man.

Dumbledore in the books is not him at his peak, it's like saying Yoda in Empire is him at his peak, it's not.

Here's porevious 'speed' arguments that have been proven in the last two rounds. Here's an example:

Sure she is. By a huge margin. But she's retained her youth, and he hasn't.
We're not talking about a Dumbledore we've only seen in a memory pensive. When JK releases a book about Dumbledore in his youth, I'll buy that argument. In the meantime, it would be great if we could focus on the Dumbledore that we actually watch and read about. But even if we were talking Dumbledore at his best- it wouldn't matter. He's not super human. His reaction time would improve marginally, but not enough.

To address the Neo thing and Dumbledore's speed: Neo's much, much faster than a Snitch, so I don't know how you can even make that comparison. One can fly around a virtual Earth in minutes, the other can be caught by a boy on a broom stick flying less than 150 miles an hour (That's the Firebolt, so even slower than that).

Again. I'm not taking anything away from Dumbledore. That's incredible focus and speed. And he can do better with how quick he is with his spells. He's probably the fastest wizard in his world. Gunslinger was the word I used. But Bayonetta can move at more than 1,700 miles per hour before Witch Time is even implemented. (That's the speed you would need to dodge point blank bullets and she's done it from every angle imaginable, including from behind.) So even if spells traveled at the speed of bullets, they'd be ineffective.

Charms don't always travel like a projectile and often have an effect on people in the vicinity, like Arresto Momentum. But that took a small window of time to implement. Seconds. More than long enough for Bayonetta to get behind him, and kick his head off the moment she realized she was being slowed. Bayonetta's reaction time and knowledge of magic is Dumbledore's perfect enemy. Any other result would be making assumptions of how the fight would start that would give special, unfair favor to Dumbledore. (Like him doing a sneak attack from 500 yards away to start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back