Rumor: Goldberg To Return to WWE?

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Over the past few days, I've seen a few reports pop up stating that Goldberg may be in talks with WWE to return for a Wrestlemania match this year. The idea goes that with so many top names missing for Mania this year (Orton, Rollins, Sting, etc.), WWE is hoping that Goldberg would be able to put the event "over the top". Goldberg return rumors have been running rampant for a decade now, and while I have never taken these reports seriously, I'm inclined to give this possibility a legitimate chance. Primarily because it makes sense for everybody involved. WWE is in dire need of a big drawing name to get Wrestlemania even close to the level they want it to be, and Goldberg is the last really big name that can draw huge numbers at this point. Also, Goldberg has discussed wanting one more match in the WWE (a big payday).

A quote from one of Goldberg's "business managers" states: “I remain optimistic that the time will come for big Bill’s return to the ring but I am realistic in my acceptance that it will be when the time is right and when the planets align. I have to believe the planets are as close to aligning as they ever have been. But will they click into place?”

Oh yes, and the rumored match for Mania involves Brock Lesnar of course.

Personally, I was never a huge fan of Goldberg but it would be cool to see him in a ring again, IF he actually showed up and worked his butt off instead of just half-assing it for a paycheck. But there is also the financial aspect. Anyone else think Goldberg would demand a ridiculous amount of money to appear? Money that he's nowhere near worth anymore? Would WWE be able to make money back on their investment in Goldberg through Mania ticket sales? At this point, it seems like panic is ensuing in the back, especially on Vince Mcmahon's part as he apparently sees his vision of Mania falling apart. I have no problem believing Vince will throw the money at Goldberg and Goldberg will, of course, bite.

Questions:

Is it possible that Goldberg returns to face Lesnar at Mania 32?

How would you feel about seeing Goldberg return for one more match?

I don't expect to ever see him wrestle again. Mania XX is nearly 12 years ago. I don't think a lot of us realise that.

But if Goldberg's in good shape they could do worse than paying him a substantial amount to appear for a few months in and around Mania time. It's just more, easy, nostalgia pushing. But at least it's fresh.

Goldberg is younger than I thought so I can see an in-ring return.

Of course he's going to demand a lot of money. The WWE at this point needs him for their biggest PPV of the year - he can name his price. I've said recently that they need to pay him the money he wants because he's still a big draw. Unlike guys like Sting - Goldberg for the most part has stayed away from the ring since his WWE tenure which I feel would make his return much more interesting to see.

From a marketing standpoint it's a great idea. Goldberg was a huge draw just behind Austin in the late 90s and I'm sure he would be able to play a large roll in accommodating filling some seats. If it's against Lesnar - even better. Hopefully there would be a rematch to that terrible WM match they had over a decade ago in which nobody was interested in.

I thought I read reports on Goldberg in like October saying he wont do WWE again. However like you said there is reports almost every month for a superstar to return. I don't think it's possible for Goldberg to face Lesnar at Mania at all. Whats the appeal?We have seen it, we hated it for both guys leaving straight after and it was quite boring. I would much prefer Lesnar to face a full time WWE superstar unless it was a match we hadn't seen, aka Lesnar vs Austin. Even then though how good would the match actually be.

I'm not a fan of people returning for one more match. If it's like an RVD type thing or Chris Jericho situation then I could get with it. Maybe it's because I wasn't the biggest Goldberg fan even when he was around but no matches really seem appealing to me. That's if you are building Goldberg up Lesnar like which I would assume would have to be the because why would Goldberg assume. Actually I tell a lie, I would like Bray vs Goldberg fight but only to see the story and how it would play out. Not for the actual match.

I would like a Brock vs Goldberg fight if you built Goldberg the exact same as Lesnar and was around for a year. Make him that dominate. Make him destroy things when things don't go his way. Make every superstar on the roster fear him. Would be interesting to see who goes over then.

I would like a Brock vs Goldberg fight if you built Goldberg the exact same as Lesnar and was around for a year. Make him that dominate. Make him destroy things when things don't go his way. Make every superstar on the roster fear him. Would be interesting to see who goes over then.

Goldberg doesn't have to be built to seem dominate because he's already viewed that way kayfabe. Always has been that dominate character all his career, even from the time he came in the WWE. Maybe give him one of his old 10 second victories as a reminder.

I guess since Undertaker is clearly healthy enough to make it to 'Mania this year, the Goldberg return rumors get some more room to breath. The Road to WrestleMania has truly begun.

I seriously doubt he's coming back unless it's for the HOF. People have been asking for him to return to the ring for years. He has answered, and not positively. He's debunked rumors, and still they persist. Goldberg and WWE failed to make this happen when he seemed most receptive to it.

Don't hold your breath, is what I'm saying.

Goldberg doesn't have to be built to seem dominate because he's already viewed that way kayfabe. Always has been that dominate character all his career, even from the time he came in the WWE. Maybe give him one of his old 10 second victories as a reminder.

No I meant Brock Lesnar dominant. I know Goldberg went on 173-0 or whatever and then decimated some people in WWE but really only guys that you thought had a chance on Raw against him were Kane and HHH if he was getting helped. Now would the casual fan say he would run through John Cena? Could he make Randy Orton look weak now? How would he fare against Roman Reigns? Now I don't want to see him run through these people in matches, but I want to believe that. Going into Mania I thought the only way you could book Reigns Lesnar is Lesnar smashing him most of the match and Reigns barely hanging in but giving it his all. That's how I want Goldberg to be booked if he were to face Lesnar again.

I seriously doubt he's coming back unless it's for the HOF. People have been asking for him to return to the ring for years. He has answered, and not positively. He's debunked rumors, and still they persist. Goldberg and WWE failed to make this happen when he seemed most receptive to it.

Don't hold your breath, is what I'm saying.

In regards to having “one more match” – something fans have been talking about for the past several years – the WCW legend claims that he’s in the best shape of his life. At 48-years-old, Goldberg even says he would “seriously consider it”.

“If it was left up to me creatively, and with creative control, I think the dream match would be me and [Steve] Austin. That was the dream match 10 years ago, 15 years ago. Would it be a reality now? Probably not. Is there anyone on the current roster? I’d go with anybody. It doesn’t matter.”

This is the quote I was alluding to when I said, he'd be possibly open for a return. Up until March he was saying he wanted to wrestle in WWE again. Afterwards he started talking about them in a very negative light. Possible that he was angry about them not offering him a spot at Mania? Can that be fixed this year?

The guy has flip-flopped so many times it's nearly impossible to determine where he really stands on the issue.

Meh, rumors of Goldberg returning to WWE pop up at least once or twice a year and have happened so often that I put no real stock in any of them.

As for a return, I honestly couldn't care less. I was never a fan of the guy and think he's a genuinely overrated hack; his undefeated streak may have helped get him over but, for me, I was never overly impressed by the fact that the vast majority of his wins came in 2 minute squash matches against nameless jobbers.

Goldberg was a one dimensional meathead who's entire schtick was breathing heavy and snorting around like some roided up bear. WWE already has Ryback for that and Ryback's a lot cheaper.

Goldberg will not pit butts in the seats or be the catalyst to get enough people to part with their $9.99. He was a monster face who like most monster heels had his run end and became pretty exposed as limited.

For what it is worth, he belongs in the Hall of Fame and if he works a Mania angle or match than so be it but I'm not going to pretend that he adds much value to the Mania gate.

No. We have to finally get over Goldberg.

This generation of WWE fans do not remember Bill Goldberg.

He adds nothing to the current WWE product and will not bring back any older fans.

Plus, he is skinny now. Not the same physically imposing guy. Check out a few of his interviews promoting his movie Check Point. He lost a lot of muscle mass.

Goldberg will not pit butts in the seats or be the catalyst to get enough people to part with their $9.99. He was a monster face who like most monster heels had his run end and became pretty exposed as limited.

For what it is worth, he belongs in the Hall of Fame and if he works a Mania angle or match than so be it but I'm not going to pretend that he adds much value to the Mania gate.

I'll be the first to admit that I was never a big fan of Goldberg but arguably was a big fan of WCW in general. To say Goldberg wouldn't be a draw at all is hilarious.

The rapid speed with which the new Goldberg DVD was sold shouts out loud that the fans still remember him or would be interested in seeing him. Even if the WWE couldn’t get Goldberg to work a match they could still utilize him as a guest referee or enforcer.

Either way, the appearance of Goldberg is becoming a necessity as days pass and the company struggles to lure in big names to pack 100,000 people into the arena. Paying him what he wants to make a guest appearance or a match wouldn’t be a bad business move for the company, and seeing Goldberg at WM is definitely a trillion times better than seeing the fans chant for the much depleted version that WWE calls Ryback.

WM is a supercard, filled with building the future and in recent years embracing the past. I've been to countless Nitros at least 22 or 23 in the past and the reaction he would get coming out was louder than Sting or Hogan's that night. He would create a tsunami of nostalgia.

The difference between a big WCW draw like Sting and Goldberg is he's physically in better shape. Sting wasted years in TNA and once he came to WWE the thrill was seeing him in a WWE ring and anticipation to see him against Undertaker was less enthusiastic because of their conditions. Goldberg however didn't jump to TNA or Indy scene which to me makes his return more anticipated.

It's business at end of day. Much respect to guys like Ambrose, KO, Reigns and Cesaro but that's not enough star power to fill 100,000 people into an arena.

I don't really care at the moment for a Goldberg return, especially if he comes back for one match deal. But I guess his character doesn't fit anyhting else except a one-time match. Why? Becasue the way the guy wants to be booked isn't fit for modern pro-wrestling where wrestlers trade victories.

Also, who does he face? Lesnar? Totally uninterested in that, or any other match. Also, Goldberg would have to lose his match. Is he going to accept that term?

Besides the fact that he's pushing 50s.

I guess it would be fine for a nostalgia moment, but since the guy will have one match then I'd like for him to put someone over at Wrestlemania. If he's back for more, then give him anybody. But I doubt that.

The WWE don't specifically want every single seat filled in the stadium you know, they'll end up buying the rest of the seats regardless and claim it's some sort of record. That's basically the reason why I don't think they'll ever end up bringing Goldberg in.

I'll try to explain further.
Say you're WWE, you want some sort of news story to come from how large Wrestlemania is since those "did you know?" segments on RAW don't excite your special area enough.
Do you:
A) Buy out the rest of the seating, giving away some via competitions/other PR means.
or B) Spend a huge amount of money on a guy, and also buy out a bunch of seats.

The answer depends purely on the costs of each and based off my idea of what they would be, I think they won't bring him in. I personally don't think Goldberg will bring in enough PPV revenue (or network subscriptions), I don't think he'll increase ratings enough, I don't think his merchandise will sell enough, I don't think he'll increase video game sales enough, and i don't think he'll put enough people in the seats.
100,000 people have to spend $10 to make a million for the WWE. That's almost a 10% increase in network subs (which have peaked according to financial people). Do you think Goldberg will really make back what he's going to get paid? He's not Brock. He's not staying around for a while to make up for it with A+ matches. He's not worth it over option A.

I'll be the first to admit that I was never a big fan of Goldberg but arguably was a big fan of WCW in general. To say Goldberg wouldn't be a draw at all is hilarious.

Who in 2016 is going to have Goldberg be the reason they tune in to or buy a ticket for Mania?

What type of person is making this investment? And how many of those people exist in 2016?

The rapid speed with which the new Goldberg DVD was sold shouts out loud that the fans still remember him or would be interested in seeing him. Even if the WWE couldn’t get Goldberg to work a match they could still utilize him as a guest referee or enforcer.

Fans who watch DVDs are going to watch Mania no matter what.

And I have no problem with WWE using Goldberg. Others seem to hate the idea but I accept that it may entertain. I just don't know if it is worth the expense.

Either way, the appearance of Goldberg is becoming a necessity as days pass and the company struggles to lure in big names to pack 100,000 people into the arena. Paying him what he wants to make a guest appearance or a match wouldn’t be a bad business move for the company, and seeing Goldberg at WM is definitely a trillion times better than seeing the fans chant for the much depleted version that WWE calls Ryback.

WM is a supercard, filled with building the future and in recent years embracing the past. I've been to countless Nitros at least 22 or 23 in the past and the reaction he would get coming out was louder than Sting or Hogan's that night. He would create a tsunami of nostalgia.

No one is arguing against his past popularity, I am just arguing against the idea that he is going to put butts in seats 17 years past the height of his popularity.

The difference between a big WCW draw like Sting and Goldberg is he's physically in better shape. Sting wasted years in TNA and once he came to WWE the thrill was seeing him in a WWE ring and anticipation to see him against Undertaker was less enthusiastic because of their conditions. Goldberg however didn't jump to TNA or Indy scene which to me makes his return more anticipated.

Both are long past their prime but Sting built and maintained a much bigger fan base in that time.

It's business at end of day. Much respect to guys like Ambrose, KO, Reigns and Cesaro but that's not enough star power to fill 100,000 people into an arena.

I agree with that last statement. I just don't think Goldberg makes much difference. If WWE is hurting for names their best bet at marketing this event is to get the Cowboys involved and hope a ton of locals show up to be part of something BIG iN TEXAS! Yes haw!

I'm a pretty big Goldberg fan. I'll never forget the first time I seen the spear and the jackhammer. The Goldberg spear is the best in the business and looks awesome. The sad part is how mildly received he was in WWE compared to the insane reactions he got in WCW.

If he does come back I really don't want to see Goldberg vs Lesnar 2 for a few reasons.

1- Their first match was a huge let down mainly because everyone in the audience knew both were leaving and not even Stone Cold Steve Austin as ref could save it.

2 - I'd rather see Brock and Goldberg fight current roster guys, separately. ALTHOUGH IT WOULD NEVER, EVER HAPPEN could you imagine Brock and Goldberg in an ultra powerful tag team at Wrestlemania ? They'd have to take on The Brothers of Destruction for the match to be fair.

3 - Goldberg vs Ryback could be a better choice.

4 - It's too hard to say how rusty Bill Goldberg is. There's no way in hell he has 50%.of the intensity he had when we last saw him.

If Goldberg returns on a random Raw before Wrestlemania , before any match is announced or he even breathes a word on a mic...I want La Parka to come out with a chair to get revenge. They could remake a really cool moment in WCW days. La Parka cracks Goldberg with the chair and turns to do his skeleton wiggle dance while Goldberg is shaking off the chair pain and breathing fire in a spear stance....check it out on YouTube , it's pretty great.....

Then Chris Jericho can come out and challenge Goldberg at Wrestlemania.

Also, Goldberg has discussed wanting one more match in the WWE (a big payday).

One thing is for sure....I carry a grudge a lot longer than Vince McMahon. Some of the people with whom he's done business over the years are folks I probably would never have been able to deal with.

In the case of Goldberg, all the lousy statements he made about WWE after his run in 2003 still rankle me. They made him the world champion almost by reflex, put him in a feud with the hottest WWE property (Brock Lesnar) and most likely paid him a boatload of money........only for him to tell us how badly he was treated and how inefficiently he found the operation of their company; which somehow didn't stop him from cashing his paychecks.

After all that, would he be worth the mountain of money it would take to bring him to WM32? Is he prominent enough today to bring in young fans who may never have heard of him?

Maybe he is.....maybe my judgment is clouded because I'm looking at a guy who has had people clamoring for his services all through the years, while the only thing he seems to care about is money.

I wish the WWE roster wasn't as depleted as it is, so we wouldn't even have to consider bringing in this jerk......but the reality is that circumstances & fortune probably favor Goldberg at this juncture.

Still, if he wants too much money, I hope for the company's financial sake they tell him to stuff it in his jock.

People need to realize that WrestleMania is a different beast than anything else the WWE produces. It isn't geared toward the current crop of fans - it isn't even geared toward hardcore fans. It's an event, similar to the Super Bowl in that you can go the entire season without watching a single minute of football - but you're still going to find yourself at a party on Super Bowl Sunday watching the game.

That's WrestleMania. More than 1 million people watch it each year - compared to other events that are lucky to get 200,000 eyeballs viewing the product. A 70,000 seat stadium sells out in minutes - compared to other events that are lucky to have 15,000 people in attendance. This is a different beast that clearly appeals to people beyond those that watch WWE programming 52 weeks per year.

But you have to give those people a reason to watch, or to attend. The Super Bowl provides the commercials and the half-time show as a reason for the non-football fan to watch. Without those, the audience would shrink considerably.

The WWE has to do something similar. They have to give a reason to bring in the audience. And to do that, you have to know what they want... They want something special to happen... they want to see something they won't get the other 51 weeks of the year... they want the nostalgia, the history, the pageantry and all the things that make up a WrestleMania.

Who are these people? They're the fans that left in the years after the Monday Night Wars - they're the fans of the 80s who now have kids of their own. You need to pull at the emotional strings of these former fans, and the best way to do that is with nostalgia... Hell, it's why the WWE has been pushing former stars like The Rock, Hogan, Sting, and The Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania since 2011. It's why The Undertaker (with exception to this year) has only wrestled once each year in that same time frame. These former stars are now special attractions that are used almost exclusively at WrestleMania for the emotional pull that causes people who stopped watching long ago to get out their wallet and shell out money one time each year.

Looking down to the road to this year's WrestleMania - it's hard to see who the WWE can use for that purpose. The Rock will be filming. Hogan has been exiled. Sting is injured. The Ultimate Warrior passed away. Who is really left to draw from right now? The list is short, but Goldberg is certainly on it.

Now, I won't lay the claim that he makes a damn bit of difference to the people that watch Monday Night Raw each week - the people that carve time from their schedule to watch Payback on a Sunday night in June? But they are not the people that the WWE is trying to draw from when it comes to WrestleMania. Those people would be happy w/ Dolph Ziggler wrestling Dean Ambrose in the main event of WrestleMania. But the people the WWE cares about with this event, the people that make the difference being a 15,000 seat event and a 90,000 seat event, he makes a difference to them because they're looking for the tiniest bit of nostalgia, the smallest hint that something special is happening, to tune in and watch WrestleMania or to drop $100 to see it live.

And for those of you don't believe that, how many of you were geeked out over Sting's involvement at WrestleMania 31? Sure, Sting is a bigger star in the eyes of any long-time wrestling fan... but for those who watched wrestling primarily from 1996-2000, during the Monday Night War era, Goldberg is on the exact same level as Sting. His involvement, to them, would absolutely be a reason to watch.

One thing is for sure....I carry a grudge a lot longer than Vince McMahon. Some of the people with whom he's done business over the years are folks I probably would never have been able to deal with.

In the case of Goldberg, all the lousy statements he made about WWE after his run in 2003 still rankle me. They made him the world champion almost by reflex, put him in a feud with the hottest WWE property (Brock Lesnar) and most likely paid him a boatload of money........only for him to tell us how badly he was treated and how inefficiently he found the operation of their company; which somehow didn't stop him from cashing his paychecks.

After all that, would he be worth the mountain of money it would take to bring him to WM32? Is he prominent enough today to bring in young fans who may never have heard of him?

Maybe he is.....maybe my judgment is clouded because I'm looking at a guy who has had people clamoring for his services all through the years, while the only thing he seems to care about is money.

I wish the WWE roster wasn't as depleted as it is, so we wouldn't even have to consider bringing in this jerk......but the reality is that circumstances & fortune probably favor Goldberg at this juncture.

Still, if he wants too much money, I hope for the company's financial sake they tell him to stuff it in his jock.

It has always been about money to Goldberg. Unlike many legends and hall of famers that grew up wanting to be in this business, Goldberg wasn't one of those. He never grew up a fan of professional wrestling and looks at it as strictly business. I'm getting this straight from his mouth as I've listened to him in shoot interviews over the years.

So yeah it's all about the money for him. I didn't incision running a restaurant on the coast, but I realize there's money in it. Same with Goldberg and wrestling. You hear the guys that were around years ago and many will talk about the money they made. Any convention featuring older retired wtestlers they all are talking about the money they make.

Even down to Lesnar, despite whatever love he has for the business ultimately he loves those pay checks more. WWE needs Goldberg and he knows that. I guarantee he would generate a larger pop than any returning part-timer of he does come back. He's not just a wrestling name, he's also known mainstream as well.

With all the rumours about KO vs Brock Lesnar going around; I wouldn't mind if Goldberg returned to get KO'd in a match more suited to Kevin Owens' standing at this point.

Won't be a popular opinion on here, but I feel KO has to be in the Main Event scene first in a proper manner before jumping to Brock Lesnar's level, lMO.
At the end of the day, Brock Lesnar is the WWE's biggest drawing card at present, and I do feel it would be a waste to have him face an Upper-Midcarder like Kevin Owens at this point.

Goldberg, on the other hand, is way past it and returning for a one-off. Surely, he could do the job for KO in a way off, tho, knowing WWE, he'd probably win the first match in what would end up being a best of 3 series, because reasons... :shrug:

Who in 2016 is going to have Goldberg be the reason they tune in to or buy a ticket for Mania?

What type of person is making this investment? And how many of those people exist in 2016

I agree with that last statement. I just don't think Goldberg makes much difference. If WWE is hurting for names their best bet at marketing this event is to get the Cowboys involved and hope a ton of locals show up to be part of something BIG iN TEXAS! Yes haw!

So people are buying a ticket to watch Austin or HBK in a 5 minute segment? Something they could easily see on a Raw. Granted I'm sure HBK and Shawn Michaels are probably going to make a WM appearance and it's nothing against them. I hope those guys are used properly.

Again and they're two guys past their prime just like you feel about Goldberg. There's two differences - Austin and HBK made their names in WWE and Goldberg in WCW. But they were and still are popular, obviously not on the level they were 16 years ago. That's the first difference.

Austin hasn't wrestled in over a decade, HBK hasnt in near 6 years. So you're saying they'll put fans in the seats more than Goldberg? Neither are in ring workers anymore. So their use to the program is limited. I'd much rather see a Goldberg vs Lesnar over two guys that'll come out and do their same routine every time.

People always yelling for HBK and Austin to give one more match, as much as I would love that - they're doing fine in their post-wrestling avenues to have to and physically probably aren't. Goldberg can do what they can't do and that's why he is more marketable for a spot on WM.

Let's say the following guys came back what can do they?

Foley - Retired - Segment or stand in someone's corner at best

The Rock - Unable to compete/promo-segment at best.

Stone Cold - Retired - Segment, enforcer, referee, whatever.

HBK - Retired - Segment, usually involved with Triple H at WM.

Sting - Injured - Curious if he's even on the show at all.

Hulk Hogan - Fired

Ric Flair - Retired from in ring competition.

Bret Hart - Retired - Promo at best

There's your biggest stars during the Ratings War SANS Undertaker who will likely be working a match. I listed guys who had drawing power during their time. I'm not sure if you're buying a ticket or have purchased a ticket to WM; but you'd pay to see guys that aren't able to compete? I'm sure they'll draw fans but it makes it more definite if they were able to work a match.

Everyone on the current roster aren't big enough draws to consider packing 100,000 in an arena. Then the ones like Reigns, KO, Ambrose and Wyatt aren't there yet. Cena, Undertaker and Lesnar can't do it alone. Again this is WM, they have to go up and beyond with this one.

Goldberg is healthy and able to compete and still a pretty well known guy to those that were born 1990 and before.

The main reason this will never happen is Goldbergs ego. In every interview he does he's open that it's all about the money and more than hinted he would be looking at a massive payday on his terms. Not gunna happen, first the fact that he will over price himself. And second coz wwe know he's not actually worth what his demands will be. ONLY way i can see it, is if Bill is in financial trouble...which I know little about, and he'd take a deal on cheaper terms.

All those people here saying 'he's past his prime', 'i don't think it'll draw', 'I've always hated him' are gonna be the first ones to mark out when he returns.

And there's not a shred of doubt that Lesnar vs Goldberg is gonna be a big money match. One badass facing another. Talking about Wrestlemania moments, when the two stand face to face we're gonna have one.

I'm not a fan of either of the two, but this will definitely work out. Both have similar styles, Goldberg is still surprisingly relevant and most of the casual audience has forgotten their earlier match.

So, with some build up this could be what Vince is looking for to put butts into seats.

Goldberg, on the other hand, is way past it and returning for a one-off. Surely, he could do the job for KO in a way off, tho, knowing WWE, he'd probably win the first match in what would end up being a best of 3 series, because reasons... :shrug:

If Goldberg is here for a one-off, there won't be a best 2 of 3. In fact, I can't see him wanting more than one match, except possibly for the one factor that might cause him to consider it.......mountains of bucks..............and that, of course, brings us back around to the same thing; Goldberg's sole motivation for doing this at all. No, I'm not offended by his desire for money but I feel he'd give a better performance if he cared in the least about pro wrestling.

Would Goldberg actually job for Kevin Owens, whether a one-shot deal or a 2 of 3? It's hard to believe he would.

On the other hand, if the negotiations between him and WWE actually contained the words: "Sure, sure, I'll job..... but it will cost you another $3 million bucks over and above what I'm already getting" I would hope Vince McMahon would have the guy tossed from his office.

THOUGHT: Do we even know what this guy looks like 12 years after his last appearance for WWE? What if Goldberg now looks like Bastion Booger? :)

All those people here saying 'he's past his prime', 'i don't think it'll draw', 'I've always hated him' are gonna be the first ones to mark out when he returns.

And there's not a shred of doubt that Lesnar vs Goldberg is gonna be a big money match. One badass facing another. Talking about Wrestlemania moments, when the two stand face to face we're gonna have one.

I'm not a fan of either of the two, but this will definitely work out. Both have similar styles, Goldberg is still surprisingly relevant and most of the casual audience has forgotten their earlier match.

So, with some build up this could be what Vince is looking for to put butts into seats.

That's what I'm trying to get some others on here to see. A return for this guy is much bigger than a Sting because this guy while still known has stayed away from the business. He didn't go spend 6 years in TNA or 3 in ROH before coming to WWE(potentially) A return match is marketable. Lesnar now in terms of strength and booking is what Goldberg was in his prime. Unfortunately the timing of their last match is forgettable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back