Rumor: Top Diva Leaving WWE

I dont know, to me, for all these years she was a huge Lita fan and wanted to be just like her. She wanted to be a wrestler, and she wanted to wrestle for WWE. And not quit after so soon seems a little sad.
I hope its no Punk who is making her leave the company. But if she does I cant wait to see her come back.

Not at all surprised by this news.

Since AJ returned to action she has been phoning it in big time and it completely ruined the feud with Paige. I honestly don't even know what her character is supposed to be half the time. Her attack on Brie for no reason Monday highlights that and her lack of crowd responses outside of CM Punk chants is telling for how far her character has fallen

This would be a blow for WWE, as AJ is obviously their biggest female star, but it allows opportunities for others to step up- perhaps Charlotte can be promoted from NXT and with the likes of Paige and Natalya still on the roster, there is enough talent available for the Divas division to cope without AJ. She's done it all in the 'E, and with Punk sitting on his ass at home and the couple having no financial worries, I totally understand why she may be thinking of leaving. She'd be welcomed back with open arms any time.

As an ignorant worst wrestling excrement worshipper TNA is forming partners with ROH so I don t see that happening but I hope wwe goes under cause what comes around goes around !!!

Hell, if TNA end up going under, just bring back Gail Kim and sign Velvet Sky to fill the spot.

Jobs a good'un.

As an ignorant worst wrestling excrement worshipper TNA is forming partners with ROH so I don t see that happening but I hope wwe goes under cause what comes around goes around !!! (WCW) I dunno how morons like you can watch 3 hours of garbage talk and no wrestling action! LOL

Are there any wrestlers left in the diva's division? AJ Lee is a poor man's Mickey James who can't sell her own moves, let alone her opponents. Her status as the top diva who's carried the division for two years should tell you all you need to know about the current state of affairs.

Part of me hopes it's true not because I want her gone but because I want to see WWE writers and creative team exposed for being bad at their jobs.

Losing her would make the women's division completely irrelevant, much like the middle of the current roster.

It is because of their complete lack of effort and creativity in developing characters and interesting storylines. So, if AJ leaves and the women's division blows up and turns into a steaming pile of poo it will show just how god awful they are at their jobs.

Y'know, at 27, perhaps she would have abandoned her career to raise a family, no matter who she married. But doesn't a part of you wonder if Phil Brooks has taken something away from us still again? Part of me does.

I'm for my fellow women carving out careers for themselves and, even though I obviously don't know what motivates AJ, there's a part of me that would love to go to the arena and taunt her:

"Hey, April Jeanette! Did your hubby tell you to finish your contract and come home to keep his house clean? Does he want to keep you barefoot and pregnant until you're too old to go back to work? Would he have made you quit if you weren't working for the company he deserted? Did you have any say in the matter, huh?"

Actually, I hope she has a happy life, yet my lingering resentment toward CM Punk for the way he handled his own WWE situation touches a point in the back of my mind about AJ; she's one of the divas whose work I've truly enjoyed and I wish she'd stay.

Probably, she's making up her own mind about all this, yet a part of me still wonders.

I don't see why everyone here is hating on CM Punk? It's just like the AJ matches at points when the crowd just chants CM Punk for no reason. AJ Lee is a human being and from what I've seen of her a strong one at that(mentally). You could tell on NXT and by interviews that she loves wrestling and that this is her dream.

If she wants to keep doing it, how in the hell would CM Punk stop her? Threaten to take away his money? To leave her? I just don't see why he's even brought up here.

The divas have this glass ceiling and in her short time in WWE AJ has surpassed that glass ceiling. There's really 3 things a diva can do now.
1. Become divas champ...does it matter how many reigns? Even if, AJ is at what 3? 4? Plus she held the belt for how long moving into 2014? Like a year? So lets face it, AJ in this regard has had more success than any diva since Trish/Lita(debatable with Mickie James)
2. Star on Total Divas. Now I had heard she completely blasted the show and refused to take a part in it ever! I don't know if it's true but her on screen character is that of a loner and it would decimate her character to appear on the show.
3. Be a manager/General Manager. And here we are again with AJ hitting the top spot relatively early. I barely even knew who she was and she had done made out with Punk, Cena and Kane, and then she became the GM for a while. Who was the last diva to do that? Vickie?

If we seriously consider her accomplishments for a second, she has completely dominated the divas division. What reason is there to stay? She's had a divas career which disputably is top 10 of all time(I'd say top 5 personally) and that's just in ring. Then she was a GM and a huge part of a male centric storyline. If Vickie can be discussed for HOF, then AJ can too. So why should she stay? She helped elevate Paige and with any luck will do the job to some NXT diva at TLC and bow out gracefully. What more can she physically do for the company?

Hmm, people here seem to know a lot about CM Punk and AJ's marriage. Are you guys friends or related to them? Some of these comments are really out there.

Look, AJ's pretty much done everything a diva can do in this shitty era of the worst booking ever. What's there left to prove? She's a human being. Priorities change, I know right? What a concept.

She can make her own decisions and it feels like WWE doesn't care about anything other than total divas and even that they are barely into. People say AJ's been phoning it lately. Is she? Really? Or is creative and Vincent K. phoning it?

They rushed Paige and AJ Lee and have destroyed their feud. They've messed up Paige as a character already and the poor gala has already signed her death sentence with that Total Divas nonsense ( I watch it, guilty pleasure, but it's still just junk reality tv ). I hope she leaves so that I lose all faith in the divas division because I'm tired of starting to be interested in something and then have WWE drop the ball completely and make me salty, something that happens a lot in the men's division. ( my photo is the best part about their feud, and to quote T.J. #FACT )

Also, as as side note, I fully support in Punk's wallk-out and how he did it. Screw WWE. I love that someone in this era finally stood up and did smth about this whole mess. Too much politics, too many bad bookings, too much work just to see someone else take your place. Leave the guy alone, he's a human being and he had ENOUGH. Good for him. People need to calm the hell down about Punk, it's like he killed their parents or smth. Why am I "among the few" who doesnt care why and how he left even tho I'm a BIG fan of his?

I don't care why he left, and I don't know them or anything about their relationship. So with that in place I'll say this.

AJ Lee has done pretty much everything there is to do as a Diva, and in doing so painted herself into a corner. when you run out of opponents, or the story line goes tits up (no pun intended) then maybe it's time to leave for awhile anyway.

there is nothing that says she can't come back at a later date, and with the Bella in the spotlight now, maybe it would be good for AJ to take a breather and decide what she really wants to do.

What the divas need is less screaming and taunting, and one dominant "Chyna" like to make it interesting. Perhaps now that Nikki is champ, put in a call to Kharma :)

AJ and wrestlers like her just don't fit into the main Diva's roster right now, which is ok. It would be nice to see her and Punk again in the WWE ring, but it's not like the WWE is losing dollars when she's gone. I can't imagine that any Divas that aren't on TD bring in ANY money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back