Samoa Joe - Wrestling's Next Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

flunked

Dark Match Jobber
Samoa Joe is one of the elite young stars of TNA and should soon vie for the NWA World Title within the next year. He has only been in the company for a little over a year, but he has already accomplished quite a bit. Here is a look back at Samoa Joe's first year in TNA.

On June 19th, 2005 at TNA's Slammiversary PPV, Samoa Joe made his TNA Debut when he defeated Sonjay Dutt. It was during this match that TNA's Lead Announcer Mike Tenay creatively dubbed him the "Samoan Submission Machine." Joe continued to make an impact (no pun intended) on TNA when he defeated Sonjay Dutt & Alex Shelley to advance to the finals of the Christopher Daniels Invitational Super X Cup. Samoa Joe then faced a tough test, as his opponent in the finals would be no other then the "Phenomenal" AJ Styles. Joe would go on to defeat Styles, though despite interference from Daniels. Samoa Joe became the number one contender to Daniels' X-Division Title as a result of his tournament win. Larry Zybszko made the match for the X-Division Title a three-way match though because of the interference from Daniels. The match took place on September 11th, 2006 at TNA's Unbreakable. Although Joe put up a valiant effort, he came up short as Styles picked up the win and his fifth X-Division Title when he pinned Christopher Daniels.

Joe momentarily took his eyes off the X-Division Title and was set to fight Japanese legend Jushin Thunder Liger on October 23rd at Bound For Glory. Joe then teamed up with former nemesis Christopher Daniels along with Alex Shelley & Roderick Strong to take on Sonjay Dutt, Chris Sabin, Matt Bentley, & Austin Aries on November 13th at TNA Genesis. Joe, Daniels, Shelley, & Strong won the match, but Joe turned on Daniels after the match and brutally assaulted him. After two Musclebusters and a chair shot, Joe left a bloodied and concussed Daniels in the middle of the ring in his own blood.

Over the following weeks on iMPACT!, Styles came to the aid of Daniels and called out Joe saying that Joe had violated the "X-Division Code of Honor." Joe dismissed Styles though and attacked him the following week rebutting that "he does not respect the X-Division Code." At TNA's Turning Point on December 11th, Samoa Joe won the X-Division Title after defeating Styles in one-on-one match without interference. Joe attempted to pulverize Styles after the match but Christopher Daniels prevented that.

Samoa Joe's first title defense was against Christopher Daniels on January 15th at TNA Final Resolution. Joe vowed to end Daniels' career during this match and if it weren't for AJ Styles, he very well could have. When Joe had Daniels all but beaten, Joe continued to beat on Daniels until Styles threw in the towel for Daniels resulting in a win for Joe. AJ Styles was next in line for the X-Division Title on February 12, 2006 at TNA Against All Odds. Daniels was later added into the match though because he felt that he didn't lose the previous match against Joe. Joe retained the title when he delivered the Musclebuster on Styles for the win. The match was so good that Larry Zybszko called for a rematch on March 12th at TNA's Destination X. This time it would be the X-Division's unique and signature match: Ultimate X! In the weeks leading up to the PPV, many wondered if the wires would support Joe. Although Joe lost the match, it is being considered as a possible match of the year by the notorious wrestling magazine Pro Wrestling Illustrated.

Despite Joe's great display in that match, Larry Zybszko expressed his need to put Joe in the Heavyweight division, much to the ire of Samoa Joe though. Zybszko announced that his opponent at Lockdown would be Sabu. Joe wasn't through with the X-Division yet though as he defeated Christopher Daniels on TNA iMPACT!'s Thursday night debut on April 13th. Joe's match against Sabu on March 25th at Lockdown turned into an X-Division Title match. Joe defended the title against Sabu showing that he is capable of beating anybody.

Samoa Joe ventured onto the fan favorite side as he teamed up with Sting at TNA Sacrifice to take on Jeff Jarrett and Scott Steiner. Although Joe and Sting won, Joe would go back to his rule breaking ways though as he turned his back on Sting as Jarrett and Steiner attacked him. On the May 15th edition of iMPACT!, Joe suffered a first-degree tear to the Posterior Cruciate Ligament and a second-degree tear to the Medial Collateral Ligament that kept him out of action for two weeks. During his short time off, TNA released a DVD entitled Unstoppable: The Best of Samoa Joe. Joe continued his rivalry with Steiner though and defeated him on June 18th at TNA's Slammiversary. This match concluded Joe's first full year as a member of TNA's roster. Undoubtedly more will come in the second year of this young and already great TNA Wrestler.

And Then Came Joe's Second yr in which he faced Olympic Hero...Kurt Angle...this rivalry was tipped to be the Match of the decade but was a dissapointment in many viewer's eyes and Joe was MADE to look foolish by first tapping out to a beaten up Angle...in a match where Joe Dominated and Angle used about only 5 to 6 moves.....and still Joe tapped out :blink: :wtf:

Then on the IMPACT before Turning Point PPV....joe again gave up to an olympic slam....in a match which disappointed throughout...pitting 5 of TNA's Top Stars(no insults to Daniels,Styles)....and it lasted only abt 13 - 15 mins...disappointing end...TNA Fucked it up with the awful booking:shit:

But Atleast the Turning Point PPV match between Angle and Joe was pretty gud..much better than the one at Genesis and was really gud seeing the crowd go wild over this match...Joe Deserved the win...and Am Lookin Forward to a Angle VS Joe 3 At TNA's Final Resolution....or even better would be a build up for Joe capturing the NWA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:headbanger:

Then on the IMPACT before Turning Point PPV....joe again gave up to an olympic slam....in a match which disappointed throughout...pitting 5 of TNA's Top Stars(no insults to Daniels,Styles)....and it lasted only abt 13 - 15 mins...disappointing end...TNA Fucked it up with the awful booking:shit:

Where you at the taping? From what I understand this match went over 30 minutes. It just had to be edited for the tv slot.

I also heard from my TNA insiders that Russo showed up with 6 hours worth of material when only 3 hours was needed.

I also heard from my TNA insiders

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHA!

What a joke. Your insiders.... lol.. like you mean www.wrestlezone.com ?? :shit:

Get a clue boy!

And Samoa Joe is already at the top. He's like Goldberg was, when he didn't have a the World Title. The winning streak kept him there.

Wrestling's Next star is CM Punk! If this guy can get there (he has the fan support) and McMahon lets him become a World Champion, it'll do what guys like Nitro, Hardy's, Benjamin are capable of doing, just haven't gotten the chance.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHA!

What a joke. Your insiders.... lol.. like you mean www.wrestlezone.com ?? :shit:

Get a clue boy!

Actually I didn't get it there. I got the info sitting in a bar. I also got some possible future storylines that seem pretty interesting as well. Guess I'll see if they end up being used.

And "boy"? I'll leave your wife out of it.

And Samoa Joe is already at the top. He's like Goldberg was, when he didn't have a the World Title. The winning streak kept him there.

Wrestling's Next star is CM Punk! If this guy can get there (he has the fan support) and McMahon lets him become a World Champion, it'll do what guys like Nitro, Hardy's, Benjamin are capable of doing, just haven't gotten the chance.

I see a lot of simularity between Joe and Bill... however, Bill looked unbeatable... Joe looks like if he looses, he'd snap your neck LOL I like Joe's attitude over Goldbergs anyday...

and I'd be proud to call CM Punk World Heavyweight Champion or WWE Heavyweight Champion... Punk needs to get out of the ECW, get onto RAW and show the world what CM Punk is about... two thumbs up for CM Punk!

I see a lot of simularity between Joe and Bill... however, Bill looked unbeatable... Joe looks like if he looses, he'd snap your neck LOL I like Joe's attitude over Goldbergs anyday...

and I'd be proud to call CM Punk World Heavyweight Champion or WWE Heavyweight Champion... Punk needs to get out of the ECW, get onto RAW and show the world what CM Punk is about... two thumbs up for CM Punk!

Do Not COMPARE JOE TO GOLDBERG.....JOE"S GONNA KILL YOU.....HE IS WAY BETTER THAN BILL GOLDBERG EVER WAS...GOLDBERG WAS JUS HUGE IN HIS PHYSICAL FORM AND MADE TO LOOK UNBEATABLE BY WCW WHO WANTED TO SHOW THE COMPETITION THT THEY GOT THE STRONGEST UNBEATABLE GUY IN THE WORLD...BUT IF U GUYS SAW REGAL VS GOLDBERG MATCH IN WCW...REGAL OWNED HIM LEGIT WRESTLING WISE AND MADE HIM LOOK LIKE A FOOL....INFACT REGAL WAS EVEN FIRED FOR IT....GOLDBERG WAS JUS HYPED UP

SAMOA JOE HAS THE TALENT...HE WAS GREAT AT TURNING POINT...HAS GUD FINISHERS AND IS NOT A 5 MOVE WONDER.....HE IS THE SAMOAN SUBMISSION MACHINE....AND IS ON THE RISE TO WRESTLING STARDOM

AND U GUYS FOR SAYIN PUNK IS THE NEXT STAR...U GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY RITE....CM PUNK IS NOT EVEN SHOWING WHT HE CAN DO...COZ THE WWE ISNT ALLOWING HIM TOO....IF NE1 OF U GUYS WATCHED JOE VS PUNK IN ROH.....U KNW WHT I AM TOKIN ABT.....THESE GUYS FOUGHT OFF IN A 3 MATCH SERIES WITH 2 OF THEM BEING 60 MINUTE DRAWS....THINK ABT THT...AND THEN JOE WON THE THIRD....PUNK PROVED HIS WORTH....AND I AM SAYIN WITHIN THE NEXT YR JOE SHUD BE RITE UP THERE....NWA CHAMPIONSHIP FUEDING WITH STYLES OR DANIELS....:headbanger: :headbanger:

AND PUNK WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO DISPLAY HIS WORTH IN THE WWE....COZ OF AWFUL BOOKING AND BACKSTAGE POLITICS....I'M JUS GUESSING.....BUT HE SHUD BE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP...AND FUED WITH BENJAMIN AND NITRO....THT WUD HELP WWE REGAIN THE TRUE WRESTLING FANS ALONG WITH THE CASUAL ONES WHO COME TO CHANT FOR....THE WATERED DOWN D-GENERATION X:cuss2:

Do Not COMPARE JOE TO GOLDBERG.....JOE"S GONNA KILL YOU.....HE IS WAY BETTER THAN BILL GOLDBERG EVER WAS...GOLDBERG WAS JUS HUGE IN HIS PHYSICAL FORM AND MADE TO LOOK UNBEATABLE BY WCW WHO WANTED TO SHOW THE COMPETITION THT THEY GOT THE STRONGEST UNBEATABLE GUY IN THE WORLD...BUT IF U GUYS SAW REGAL VS GOLDBERG MATCH IN WCW...REGAL OWNED HIM LEGIT WRESTLING WISE AND MADE HIM LOOK LIKE A FOOL....INFACT REGAL WAS EVEN FIRED FOR IT....GOLDBERG WAS JUS HYPED UP

SAMOA JOE HAS THE TALENT...HE WAS GREAT AT TURNING POINT...HAS GUD FINISHERS AND IS NOT A 5 MOVE WONDER.....HE IS THE SAMOAN SUBMISSION MACHINE....AND IS ON THE RISE TO WRESTLING STARDOM

AND U GUYS FOR SAYIN PUNK IS THE NEXT STAR...U GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY RITE....CM PUNK IS NOT EVEN SHOWING WHT HE CAN DO...COZ THE WWE ISNT ALLOWING HIM TOO....IF NE1 OF U GUYS WATCHED JOE VS PUNK IN ROH.....U KNW WHT I AM TOKIN ABT.....THESE GUYS FOUGHT OFF IN A 3 MATCH SERIES WITH 2 OF THEM BEING 60 MINUTE DRAWS....THINK ABT THT...AND THEN JOE WON THE THIRD....PUNK PROVED HIS WORTH....AND I AM SAYIN WITHIN THE NEXT YR JOE SHUD BE RITE UP THERE....NWA CHAMPIONSHIP FUEDING WITH STYLES OR DANIELS....:headbanger: :headbanger:

AND PUNK WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO DISPLAY HIS WORTH IN THE WWE....COZ OF AWFUL BOOKING AND BACKSTAGE POLITICS....I'M JUS GUESSING.....BUT HE SHUD BE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP...AND FUED WITH BENJAMIN AND NITRO....THT WUD HELP WWE REGAIN THE TRUE WRESTLING FANS ALONG WITH THE CASUAL ONES WHO COME TO CHANT FOR....THE WATERED DOWN D-GENERATION X:cuss2:

Take the caps lock off before you post next time, it just makes you look even more stupid.

JOE is a big fish ina small lake...

I'd usually come up with a witty response to defend the honor of TNA, but fuck it... just shut up!!

Joe is without a doubt a major player both now and going forwards into the future, not just for TNA but the entire pro wrestling industry. He will be the man one day and was always going to be. I remember watching his bedut match against Low-Ki in ROH and knowing he was gonna be a big deal. Then the first time I saw him cut a promo, he had solidified himself as the real deal in my mind. The dude has everything you could possibly need. He is just a big brother with incredible skills and talents and the ability to make you believe he can do what he says.

As for Punk... this man is too a major star of tomorrow. He is probably the best talker in wrestling today, not that you would know it watching WWECW. He is a talented ring worker with a very diverse arsenal, and he too can make you believe. Punk and Joe can make even the smarkiest of smarks mark out. That's what they bring to the table. Only I wish Punk would realise he is in the wrong place and walk out on those braindead morons. The only reason he is even on the main roster is because of Paul E. Vince and Stephanie hated Punk and had refused to promote him to the main roster despite everyone insisting that he was a star in the waiting. Until Paul started writing OVW it looked like he was doomed to reamin a midcarder in OVW for his entire WWE tenure.

When ECW was brought back, Paul insisted that Punk be brought up. And he was right, evryone loves him. That is except for Vince and Stephanie. And now with Paul gone you have to believe that they are just gonna let Punk sit and rot away. I know he had problems with Dixie in his first run at TNA, but I would seriously love to see him back where he belongs. Especially seeing as how he would be able to compete in ROH again and give the fans a second chance to witness him in all his greatness. Punk and Joe in TNA would be huge. Not to mention Punk and Joe in ROH again would be so much fun.

sry abt tht sumthin si wrong with my keyboard i gotta get it fixed

what about fixing your typing while you're at it?

your first rant in caps sparked this evil little squirrel in my head and it's aching to grab you by your neck and slap you about...

I won't disagree with your comment about Goldberg only being made to be unbeatable... true... but Goldberg had a good finishing move that displayed his strength, just as much as Joe has his...

HOWEVER...

I really wish people would use their heads when they posted... I'm not even asking all the time, I'm just asking once in a while... take a typing class too... internet-short hand is fine but when the whole post is in it, it comes of juvenile and I just pass it by... the only reason I read yours was because it was in response (if you'd call your "I Love Joe" gibberish a response) to my post...

what about fixing your typing while you're at it?

your first rant in caps sparked this evil little squirrel in my head and it's aching to grab you by your neck and slap you about...

I won't disagree with your comment about Goldberg only being made to be unbeatable... true... but Goldberg had a good finishing move that displayed his strength, just as much as Joe has his...

HOWEVER...

I really wish people would use their heads when they posted... I'm not even asking all the time, I'm just asking once in a while... take a typing class too... internet-short hand is fine but when the whole post is in it, it comes of juvenile and I just pass it by... the only reason I read yours was because it was in response (if you'd call your "I Love Joe" gibberish a response) to my post...

dude chill out...i know the caps things must have pissed a lot of people off...but the key is broken and well i thought it was no big deal typing in caps...but i was clearly wrong...sorry about that stupid post....
also will try typing in proper english and not internet short hand...i just realised that when i was giving my marketing exam yesterday...lol...

k guys now cud u please try talking about Joe...
Again sorry guys about the caps and the short hand..will try to type in legit english

dude chill out...i know the caps things must have pissed a lot of people off...but the key is broken and well i thought it was no big deal typing in caps...but i was clearly wrong...sorry about that stupid post....
also will try typing in proper english and not internet short hand...i just realised that when i was giving my marketing exam yesterday...lol...

k guys now cud u please try talking about Joe...
Again sorry guys about the caps and the short hand..will try to type in legit english

in all honesty, my post wasn't all pointed your direction... you just happened to be in my sights when I went off... for that, I too appologize...

so... yes... Joe...

I think once he gets out of Angle's path, Joe could be the best damn thing ever to happen to wrestling... I can't say that about many people... I really do think Joe is going to be the next big thing in wrestling, and if WWE ever gets ahold of him, Samoa Joe could be a house hold name... Joe's Gonna Kill Ya!

As for Punk... this man is too a major star of tomorrow. He is probably the best talker in wrestling today, not that you would know it watching WWECW. He is a talented ring worker with a very diverse arsenal, and he too can make you believe. Punk and Joe can make even the smarkiest of smarks mark out. That's what they bring to the table. Only I wish Punk would realise he is in the wrong place and walk out on those braindead morons. The only reason he is even on the main roster is because of Paul E. Vince and Stephanie hated Punk and had refused to promote him to the main roster despite everyone insisting that he was a star in the waiting. Until Paul started writing OVW it looked like he was doomed to reamin a midcarder in OVW for his entire WWE tenure.

When ECW was brought back, Paul insisted that Punk be brought up. And he was right, evryone loves him. That is except for Vince and Stephanie. And now with Paul gone you have to believe that they are just gonna let Punk sit and rot away. I know he had problems with Dixie in his first run at TNA, but I would seriously love to see him back where he belongs. Especially seeing as how he would be able to compete in ROH again and give the fans a second chance to witness him in all his greatness. Punk and Joe in TNA would be huge. Not to mention Punk and Joe in ROH again would be so much fun.

Firstly, I always read that Vince and Hunter were really high on Punk, that’s what always went around the news boards. Stating as fact that they didn’t like him, unless those two people personally told you so is incredibly short sighted.

Secondly, can we all please stay on the topic of Joe, Punk is a WWE Wrestler, so discussion about him belongs on the WWE/ECW Forums.

Firstly, I always read that Vince and Hunter were really high on Punk, that’s what always went around the news boards. Stating as fact that they didn’t like him, unless those two people personally told you so is incredibly short sighted.

Secondly, can we all please stay on the topic of Joe, Punk is a WWE Wrestler, so discussion about him belongs on the WWE/ECW Forums.
In his defense, if they were so high on Punk, then he wouldn't have been squashed at the last PPV. I know Heyman had his hands in writing it, but Vince has final say. They know Punk gets hot pops, but they're too dumb to usually have him do anything except languish in lousy angles with Snitsky's retarted little clone Knox.

As for the topic of the thread. Joe is amazing and can get anywhere he wants. He can definitely wrestle his ass off and cut a solid promo. He also understands ring psychology and doesn't need to be considered heel or face to get over. He just does what he does best and kicks ass. I'm definitely glad he shunned any chance to be in the WWE. He probably would've been wasted upon entering the WWE (as would many like him) because he doesn't rely on bull$hit gimmickry and hokey storylines to get by. His wrestling does the talking and that isn't en vogue with Stamford's current product. I think as long as he stays with TNA, then he and that company both have chances to do some amazing things in this business.

In his defense, if they were so high on Punk, then he wouldn't have been squashed at the last PPV. I know Heyman had his hands in writing it, but Vince has final say. They know Punk gets hot pops, but they're too dumb to usually have him do anything except languish in lousy angles with Snitsky's retarted little clone Knox.

As for the topic of the thread. Joe is amazing and can get anywhere he wants. He can definitely wrestle his ass off and cut a solid promo. He also understands ring psychology and doesn't need to be considered heel or face to get over. He just does what he does best and kicks ass. I'm definitely glad he shunned any chance to be in the WWE. He probably would've been wasted upon entering the WWE (as would many like him) because he doesn't rely on bull$hit gimmickry and hokey storylines to get by. His wrestling does the talking and that isn't en vogue with Stamford's current product. I think as long as he stays with TNA, then he and that company both have chances to do some amazing things in this business.

Well said mate HHH and HBK did not get impressed by Punk at all according to some internet sources at OVW. But i guess they got to know how much Punk is worth at survivor series when he easily got louder pops than the both of them together. The crowd was hot for Punk and HHH was forced to improvise to give Punk the mike and ask "Are You Ready".

If Samoa Joe entered the WWE it wudve killed his career and i'm glad he is getting his chance in TNA cause he is the next big thing in TNA and in the world of pro wrestling. TNA should build themselves up with Joe and styles and Daniels along with Abyss and Sabin and the cruiserweights. Sting and Angle can be used for advice and putting people over in the long run. I Hope TNA and Joe rise up to challenge the WWE and then Vince understands that it is time to make the younger talent shine i.e Orton/Benjamin/Punk/Edge/Kenny/Nitro/Mercury/Kennedy/Tag Team Division and it's Cruiserweights instead of giving DX and Cena so much mic/screen time.:icon_exclaim:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back