Sci-fi likes ECW "feel"

Status
Not open for further replies.

realblackhart

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Sci Fi was happy with the show and the overall way that ECW was playing out. The word going around last night was that Sci Fi officials enjoyed the ECW broadcast last night, especially the main event. They were said to be really pleased with the blood and thumbtack spots in the Ric Flair-Big Show match and enjoyed the general ECW "feel" everyone talks about.

Granted that ECW isn't the same anymore, and it's really WWECW but if Sci-fi liked that match, maybe there is a possibility that Extreme rules will be back in all matches again

I actually see this as a possible way that the old ECW could come back now. Sci-Fi should tell them they want the "Extreme" more often on the ECW show.

This might very well be a good sign for ECW fans. Now you might get an occasional vampire or alien but maybe more matches like this are in the works. What we need is for them to respect the ECW allumni, and not use them to Job to the up and commers

^yeah totally agree with you, now we just need to wait til' next on ECW to see how the WWE reacted to them liking the "Extreme"

Vince knows how popular it was but I don't understand why he aint for it. It distances them from RAW and Smackdown. It shouldn't be just another brand. It should be another promotion just under the WWE umbrella. but that is just us hopefulls. but 1 step at a time guys, hopefully you haven't all given up

yeah, thoes sci fi geeks probably all got sprung over that lame strip tease with Candice and Kelly lol

realblackhart said:
Vince knows how popular it was but I don't understand why he aint for it.

He's not for it because he's afraid that the wrestlers are going to injure themselves. Never mind the fact that it makes ECW generic, and never mind the fans of the real ECW - think of WWECW as a totally new brand, trying to appeal more to fans of Raw and SmackDown! than fans of ECW.

Maybe we would get the real ECW if WCW were still around or if TNA were a bit more popular, but Vinnie Mac is going to play it safe knowing that the competition isn't quite putting the pressure on him just yet.

Yeah the only thing that's bothering me about the new ECW is the outing of all Extreme Rules matches. I mean come on! it's EXTREME championship wrestling. The Show-Flair match actually exceeded my expectations and seeing Sabu put Credible through the table and "rebeling" against these new WWE rules. I am willing to be patient with this brand(mainly because even with the bullshit it's better than Raw and Smackdown on a wrestling level) and see where it goes. Rome wasn't built in a day so I doubt it could be re-built in a day.

The only reason they liked the feel of it was because of that Ric Flair match,plain and simple.

Its kinda sad that on an ECW show SCI - FI liked the feel of a Ric Flair Vs Big Show match lol Think about it people, They liked that it was two big names being semi hardcore. If that was say a balls mahoney Vs RVD match say there classic from Anarchy Rules would it get the same stamp of approval

I think what Sci fi really liked is the viewer rating thats about it.

well if the viewer rating is high, sci fi are gonna want more stuff like it to keep the viewers. But i think sci fi did like the show in itself, and i hope ecw gets better than the great show this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back