• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sean O'Haire Has Passed Away

I started watching WWE in 2003 and fell in love with his gimmick. He was somebody I thought the WWE could have done more with and it was unfortunate he got placed on the back burner for some Hogan/McMahon/Piper angle that wound up with a masked Hulkster lying about who he was and cheating lie detector tests.

If the rumors are true, it's a damn shame he's gone. RIP O'haire.

[YOUTUBE]sfnOU1gkeZY[/YOUTUBE]

He didn't tell us anything that we didn't already know.

I was actually really sad to see this. Sean O'Haire should've, could've, and at one time was going to be the next big thing. Amazing look, physique, athleticism, brilliantly booked with Jindrak throughout his time with WCW.

One of the last masterpieces to come out of the WCW power plant, centerpiece of the New Blood, and a very big missed opportunity.

RIP Sean O'Haire, you have been and will be sorely missed.

This trend of wrestlers dying at relatively young ages needs to stop. I'm not aware of all of O'Haire's history, but I hope drugs and/or alcohol weren't factors. He was talented in the tag team ranks, but didn't really do too much as a solo competitor. Still, it's truly dad that guys like this can't make it to age 45. Whatever the case may be, RIP.

Sad news, I actually reacted out loud when I saw it as the bottom trend on Twitter. Blew my mind as a tag team in WCW, huge guys doing high flying moves and swanton bombs. Always easy to speculate about what leads to wrestler deaths at a young age, unless he has anything in his family history that would explain going so young. A shame regardless.

I liked Sean O'Haire. I enjoyed O'Haire's work in WCW teaming with Mark Jindrax. But it wasn't until he went solo in the WWE in 2003 while being managed by Rowdy Roddy Piper. He had a short lived feud with Rikishi that was okay and I just loved his theme song while in the WWE. Rest in Peace Sean O'Haire, R.I.P.

I just saw the news a couple minutes ago and was sad to hear it. I had heard that he had some kind of run in with the law but I hadn't heard anything for some time and thought he had made a new life for himself. It seemed we had a good amount of time without news of any wrestlers dying.

I remembered his run with Jindrak and was disappointed he wasn't pushed more in WWE. He had a look, and ability, imo he should have made it further.

RIP Sean O'Haire, you were gifted and you left us far too soon.

I've already posted a response on the Spam version of this, but I'll repost here in case anyone hasn't seen it. This has affected me more than most wrestler deaths do. I was a big Sean O'Haire fan, and knowing this was suicide makes me think about what a bad way he must have been in to resort to something like that. I hope he is at peace now.

Sean O'Haire had it all, he had so much potential to be a top guy in the business, and it still annoys me to this day that he didn't achieve what he should have. O'Haire was always one of "my guys" who I always wanted to see succeed. Out of all the talent that came to WWE from WCW, he easily had the most potential. I've said so many times on these forums that the ball was dropped on O'Haire- either by WWE stupidly pairing him up with Roddy Piper, or by Sean himself in some way that never came out to the public.

What an athlete he was. For a guy his size, to be able to perform moves like the Seanton Bomb, the backflip/frontflip off the top rope and land on his feet, spinning martial arts kicks and the springboard Seanton was incredible. Plus, he had a phenomenal look and physique and could talk as well as almost anyone. Those "Devils Advocate" promos were great. You'd have thought he'd have all the tools that Vince would have pushed to the moon.

I know he has had alot of personal problems since leaving WWE, spent some time in jail, had a short MMA career but it always surprised me that he never ended up returning to WWE or at least shown up in TNA. His career was pretty much over as soon as WWE released him, which is a damn shame. In my opinion, Sean O'Haire is one of the biggest wastes of talent the WWE ever had.

RIP Sean. You should have been WWE Champion, but I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

[YOUTUBE]UCJ5OjlY1Uo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]udIdZOm1qv4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]84fAEmrTWmU?list=PL4D9BE1DCF48D4E89[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back