Seeds of a Ziggler/McIntyre Feud Planted?

FightOwensFight

Formerly Global Conquest
I could be reading this the wrong way, but the Ziggler/McIntyre vs Big Show match last night looks like it could be setting up something between Dolph and Drew. You have Dolph quickly tagging in Drew only to hide around the ring while McIntrye gets thrown around the arena by Big Show. Dolph had plenty of opportunities to attempt to help (especially after the count-out) but just cowered away.

Just seems to me that the ending with Drew going off the stage (even it was awkward due to Henry) could be setting up an injury angle when McIntyre comes back after a few weeks to confront Ziggler about leaving him high and dry. Not the most original feud in the world, but it would certainly be something different than another Ziggler/Kingston match.

I know a lot of people feel Drew has been given enough chances and it would seem a tad rushed to have him go from Superstars to a feud for the US Championship (over MITB guys like Swagger, Bourne, Riley, etc) but crazier things have happened.

Thoughts?

I want to say yes, I personally like Drew McIntyre, so anything they involves him getting tv time is fine by me. But in the grand scheme, Drew was most likely just a filler, and there will be no fued evolving from this.

....and it would seem a tad rushed to have him go from Superstars to a feud for the US Championship (over MITB guys like Swagger, Bourne, Riley, etc)

I don't think it would be rushed at all, as Drew has held a championship already. He's not a rookie, although I would love to know what in hell the company is having him pay penance for all these months. Who has this guy pissed off to be thrust this far down the WWE ladder?

If you didn't enjoy seeing Drew appear on Raw Roulette for the sole purpose of being super-kicked by Shawn Michaels, you certainly wouldn't have liked what the company used him for last night. In the past, if WWE wanted to use a wrestler to be totally squashed by Big Show, they would get some local guy we never heard of so as not to humiliate a talent on their roster.

Instead, they give this rotten assignment to Drew McIntyre. Then, to make matters worse, the end of the segment shows Big Show and Mark Henry lying there, without even a mention of Drew from the announcers. I was embarrassed for him.

Okay, so the speculation in this thread is that Drew will go after Dolph Ziggler for abandoning him, presumably turning Drew into a face in the process. Even though I doubt he would garner much heat with Ziggler, it certainly would be a new beginning for Drew, as well as a fitting reward for the purgatory they've kept him in lately.

Much as I'd love to see this program, I think there is just as good a chance he'll be future endeavored. Wouldn't it be nice to know what the company is really thinking?

I was embarrassed for him.

Of course you were you were you're Mustang Sally for crying out loud!

On to Drew I always say this about him, he's nothing special, he's good in the ring, lacks personality, and has decent mic skills.

I like the guy I really do, but I'm not a big fan of him, the best thing to do with him right now is to actually pair him up with Ziggler and Vickie, they seemed like good friends backstage, besides Dolph and Vickie need some muscle to help them out against their opponents, Drew is not the strongest or biggest on the roster but he'll do.

Or you can just pair Drew up with Kelly Kelly again, though it's highly unlikely considering how it all ended up on Smackdown, I don't know why, but for some reason I'd like to see a face or a tweener Drew McIntyre feud with Jack Swagger over her, it would make for some good TV when you think about it.

Its funny because I was just thinking about a rivalry between the two the other day. Dolph and Drew have both lost a significant amount of momentum since leaving SD (even though Dolph is the US champ) and I think a rivalry would be just what they need to elevate themselves back to the level they used to be in.

Drew McIntyre came back to Monday Night RAW after how long? And they only really used him, so that they could hurl him off the stage, and instead he landed on the rim of the lighting beam. And you think they'll be turning him face?

Personally I think they used him as a tool last night. They can't exactly throw Dolph off the stage as they're actually trying to make something of him, but McIntyre is a guy whose been losing to people who at one stage were below him, on WWE Superstars, and I'd say after last night he'd be perfectly happy to retreat back there and all.

Drew's problems are still there - to give him credit, during the small little McMahon skit he actually showed a decent personality, which was nice to see, as usually he's trying to act all eerie and Randy Orton-esq, but last night for those few seconds I caught a glimpse of the guy in a different light, but his other problems are still there.

He's a good wrestler, can sell very well, has what it takes to become something decent, but this is a guy they pushed for over a year on Smackdown, had him drive Matt Hardy's head into a steel step, had him feud with Teddy Long, gave him numerous main events and angles and Drew McIntyre still isn't over as a heel.

Maybe he deserves a chance as a face, if they do it, I hope the dude can pull a three-sixty u-turn because he'll badly need it.

You know, I would be happy with just about any feud that gets Drew more tv time on Raw, but I dont see this happening. It doesnt make sense to have a guy who has been doing jackshit on superstars bounce up and feud with Ziggler for the title without doing anything to earn it.

Now an angle that i've been talking about for a while now is bringing back the Kelly Kelly & Drew story, what I originally wanted was for Drew to save Kelly from Kharma but with her gone for a good period of time something new needs to be drawn up. Here's an idea, have one of Raw's superstars start going out with Kelly, he can be kind and sweet to her at first but he flips and beats her up when he blames her for costing him a match. Then Drew comes in as the gentleman face to defend Kelly and there's your feud with whichever superstar would play that role.
I think Alberto Del Rio would fit the spot perfectly, he showed that on Raw Roulette when he was getting comfortable with Maryse but when she got him a bad match he got majorly pissed and scared her off. Unfortunatly having a guy high up in the Raw hierarchy feud with someone coming out of Superstars just doesnt make sense. Ziggler would be the next best option, have him completely seperated from Vicki and then have Dolph try to get together with Kelly, it would actually be cool for awhile having two champions together like that. But then after about a month have Ziggler snap and que Drew McIntyre. Lets pray something like this happens so we dont lose D Mac :icon_neutral:

This would be great for Drew. For some strange reason he did not get picked tp be in the MITB match when he was one of the guys who would benefit the most from being in it. This feud, if it happens, would give him something to do. He has already held a midcard title before during his chosen one push so going after the US Championship against Ziggler would be a great way to bring back some of his credibility. He might have to turn face though because Ziggler is still with Vickie and thus a heel by association forever until she is out of the picture.

I really hope there will be a feud between Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre. Please WWE.

Why? One, it gets Drew McIntyre on TV and I personally love Drew, I like his look, his moveset and his entrance. Two, it should end the Ziggler/Kingston feud (thank god). But, from that feud, you can tell Ziggler can really perform. So can Drew, so it should be as good a feud as Ziggler/Kingston. But, who do you turn face. I suppose it would have to be Drew seen as Ziggler is with Vickie Guerrero.

Also, it would be good to see another feud for the United States Championship, rather than a one off match. And hopefully Drew will win the title and become a:
-1x Intercontinental Champion
-1x United States Champion
-1x WWE Tag Team Champion
A mid card title should lead to World titles for both men.

Both men deserve TV time over a Championship and both can peform so why can't WWE do this. The only thing I'm worried about is WWE putting this feud on Superstars then having a United States Championship Match on Raw for the sake of things. =(

Drew needs something and he is boring as a heel now. He does have a certain Randy Orton persona about him that could work where he doesn't have to be a face without having an edge to him.

I think it is time to do it and against Dolph would be a good idea. Even if he doesn't win the title I am sure the attention would be worth it for him to see what he really has as far as skills in the ring and on the mic.

As far as it being too much of a stretch I don't really think so I mean it's the U.S title. Hell Jack Swagger went from jobbing to Santino on Raw to Money in the bank winner in just a short week...

While I doubt they will turn him face and have him feud with Dolph I really think they should turn him face otherwise he is looking at a future endevorment as he is not showcased at all these days in anyway shape or form. Though he does have decent mic skills and a nice look.

As far as to why he is so far down I remember something about him having a huge ego because he was the "chosen one" and no one wanted to work with him because he was a little crazy and unsafe in the ring, but that was well over a year ago. Then again he has been losing to Chris Masters on superstars lately... Not sure how much longer he will survive.

Drew is amazing wrestler who knows how to work a match, and the crowd. However, he has become a jobber at this point, and If you watched Raw last night, he was hanging over the turnbuckle while Ziggler did his thing...and Drew looked a little pissed off.

By the way, there will be no Ziggler/ drew fued...so don't get your hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back