So I Get To Work

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
On Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Years Eve. Now I realize it isn't bad when you compare it to the shit NorCal is doing, or what falconsault has done, but for civilians, or just for me, it sucks. Thanksgiving I'll miss most of, and quite possibly a great family fight, Christmas I will miss spending with my family as well, but most likely not a great family fight. Lastly with New Years, hopefully my friends have a party or something at one of their houses that I can get to before the clock strikes midnight here. If they go downtown then it would be another lonely New Year.

Does anyone else not named NorCal or falconsault possibly work on any of these three days? Also, am I just caring about nothing to other people?

I don't have a job, but that's a shame. At lest you get Christmas Day off...right?

I do get Christmas Day off, unlike last year. But usually Christmas Eve is when the whole family on my mom's side gets together to celebrate together. Which is why it sucks.

But surely you aren't working untill late on Christmas eve? Over here everything is closed- (bar the pubs), at about 7 or 8. I myself have worked the last 4 or 5 Christmas Eves and I actually quite enjoy it. The shop is always really busy and frantic and there is a real buzz in the atmosphere. Whoever works Christmas eve also goes out for a bit afterwards- tis tradition- and then I meet up with my family later. Its always great fun :)

We don't have Thanksgiving here, and I don't know if we have an equivalent- but I don't mind working New Years though- never tend to be doing much then anyway. The one day I hate to work is St Stephens day (Boxing Day). To me its always been Christmas Day plus 1- and I take part in a run every year on that day too. So yeah, crossed fingers :p

Sweet of you to drop in Nitafrong. We really should talk more. But I will be working until 11:30 PM on all three nights, as I work in a hospital and you know, nurses need their supplies at all times. Yippie for me. Hopefully I get paid time and a half.

Awh thanks. Yeah we should talk more :) I am sometimes on MSN if that helps. But yeah that does sound pretty rough though- 11.30 kinda kills your oppertunity to do anything else that night. I suppose you have just enough time to ring in the new year- hopefully in time to find that special someone too :)

Hmm...perhaps I should hop on MSN more often lol.

11:30 is pretty much a killer every time. But oh well, need to make money, and it is pretty good money being made.

Hopefully I can ring in the new year with friends, and if I am uber lucky, with a Miss CH David. But I'll need uber luck with that lol.

CHD, I work on Christmas Eve, too. Granted, we get out around 2 or 3pm, but it's still a fucking travesty. But to live in America, Chicago no less, and work on Thanksgiving is just plain disgusting.

I took vacation days from Christmas Eve until January 4th. It only costed me four vacation days and I get 12 days off... nicey nice...

On Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Years Eve. Now I realize it isn't bad when you compare it to the shit NorCal is doing, or what falconsault has done, but for civilians, or just for me, it sucks. Thanksgiving I'll miss most of, and quite possibly a great family fight, Christmas I will miss spending with my family as well, but most likely not a great family fight. Lastly with New Years, hopefully my friends have a party or something at one of their houses that I can get to before the clock strikes midnight here. If they go downtown then it would be another lonely New Year.

Does anyone else not named NorCal or falconsault possibly work on any of these three days? Also, am I just caring about nothing to other people?

Do you have designated working days?

I get paid triple time to work on Christmas Day, which I might do as I work from home. The weird thing is that people actually ask questions on Christmas Day. "Where can I return this gift?" As if it's that important.

My brother had to do nights on New Years Eve and days on Christmas day standing in the cold in Plymouth. The forces definitely offer the worst holiday proospects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back