So yeah, I'm gonna be a godfather...

BK Styles

Certified Nerd
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!! I'm really quite happy about this!!! I found out a couple of months ago that one of my friends (she was a first year on my course whilst I was in my third year) was pregnant, and though my initial thoughts were 'god, you're in uni, what have you done???' I'm still overjoyed for her; she's been nothing but positive about the situation and she's going to make a great mother.

Anyway, the last year and a bit she's become one of my best friends (thus why, at the time, I was one of the first people she told). Last night, a group of us (fellow graduates from my year, and a few people from her year) went for a meal, and she asked myself and one of my best friends if we would be godparents to her soon to be baby girl!!!!!

I never thought I'd be ecstatic about something like this, as I'm very rarely good with kids (oddly enough, up until recently, where I've grown a new tolerance for young ones, and I enjoy being around them), but I'm slightly over the moon! I think it's a combination of being happy that she holds me in such a high regard, and that I get to be a part of this little girls life. I dunno, I'm just happy :D

Look, moving across the country is a big commitment and you don't know what the girl's "offline" personality is going to be like compared to her "online" one. I know it may feel like... wait...
*re-reads thread title*
...ah shit, wrong thread.

Congrats BK! I know what you mean about the tolerance thing, until my second cousins came along I could not give a damn about them. All it took was a wee girl who liked to point, giggle and say "Cat" at everything she pointed at.

I was recently asked to be Godfather of my brother's daughter and it was such a great feeling. Congratulations and enjoy!

Is she having her baby with the support of a partner? It saddens me to think of how many people wind up raising children alone because one parent isn't in the picture.

Nevertheless, congratulations. It's a great honor to be asked, and it gives me some confidence in her judgment that she asked you, as Im sure you'll be there for her if she needs you. Congrats bro. :)

Thanks guys!

And I don't think so, LSN. Things have been a bit messy between the two of them recently. I hope he mans up and is there for her, because it's important the little one has a father figure. But if he doesn't, she still won't be short of love, that's for sure.

If the first words outta that baby's mouths aren't CM Bum I will be thoroughly disappointed in you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back