Steel Cage Forums: A Wrestling Forum That Won't Make You Sick And Kill You

Dude, following a member on another boards, worse being a subreddit with shitload of members, for whatever reasons makes this a really weird conversation. I go to Squared Circle and I don't know by head ONE SINGLE poster there let alone track old ones from here.

Tracking someone just because he overestimates his wrestling IQ is pretty fucking stupid if you ask me. Let alone, use that as a way to call someone else stupid.

Which by your dumbwitted logic also makes Hamler and FunKay pretty stupid for whatever Saga has on his signature here with their quotes.

Shut up Bacon. Just shut it.

K sport.

You’re that type of poster too. Verysmark trash like you two chase more fans away with your shit opinions than calling out such behavior ever will.

Lol at thinking I've ever driven anyone away from this board. Stick to your strengths- telling jokes and not knowing or caring about wrestling.

I love Bacon, no homo. He might be an asshole at times (aren't we all), but he's got interesting opinions that are worth reading.

You probably haven't paid much attention. I'm not saying the guy doesn't have valid opinions, he probably does (most of you really do and that's why I keep coming back to WZ), but 90% of the time, he gets in a thread to talk down someone else's opinion without expressing his own. He's like a down syndromed parrot and he gets triggered by someone who by god in 2018 found anything aside from WWE about wrestling.

I love Bacon, no homo. He might be an asshole at times (aren't we all), but he's got interesting opinions that are worth reading.
I'm still waiting to find out how I'm such a shitposter when I mostly post in 1 section i doubt he even goes in.

You guys are all stupid.

And I will say, a large part of Dragon Saga leaving was him contesting a completely fair infraction that resulted in a three day ban. He didn't like that he broke a long established rule and then wasn't given special treatment and be allowed to walk away from it with no punishment. His posting fell off greatly after that.

That's all I was looking for.

I was a complete shitposter for years. I like to think I'm getting better though but that's subjective.

You’re not nearly as bad as you used to be, but sometimes you still come up with some true whoppers. I don’t mean anything mean by calling you a shitposter, it’s almost a term of endearment in your case at this point.

You’re not nearly as bad as you used to be, but sometimes you still come up with some true whoppers.
Oh i know. It's why i stick to 1 section. Less chance of me shoving my foot down my throat.
I don’t mean anything mean by calling you a shitposter, it’s almost a term of endearment in your case at this point.
I'll try not to take it to heart next time.

I've stayed out of this thread for a while on purpose, but I do want to clarify some of these questions.
To just be a place for people to post. It will be wrestling centered, but includes other forums as well.
Unlike WZ, we are not putting a forum on the Internet to make money. I have paid for everything myself and I am hosting it free of charge to users. I have not included ads and there will never be advertisements on the forum as long as I'm hosting it.

This is not a money making attempt, just a place for people to relax and chat.

I've been running my work's website for nearly 10 years. I've had my own webpage for half a decade. Thanks for the advice. ;)

That's actually not even close.

There was no "bitch fight". There was actually no communication at all from Crave to me before or after. A user saw an interaction between a mod and a different regular user and came to me and "protest(ed) strongly" and basically asked I punish the moderator because of a particular word the moderator used. I politely and professional explained to him the moderator did not break any rules and that I treat moderators the same as regular posters. This particular user didn't like that answer and because the user did not get their way, decided to complain to the higher ups. The higher ups, based on whatever the user told them (and I've never once seen it, so I cannot tell you what was in it), basically decided, without getting any information from me or having any idea of how things actually happened on the forum, demoted both myself and the moderator, never once communicating before or after the fact.

Of course, that is their right, it is their forum, but it was unprofessional. However, that wasn't all. After the fact, I got in touch with Mr. Nick Hausman, whose decision it was to demote me, and sent a professional e-mail, explaining all the work I've done for the forums over the years, including putting my own money into the forum, and I basically said if you give me rules you want enforced I will do so. I also asked for an explanation on the decision.

Mr. Hausman's response essentially amounted to a "screw you". After I sent a multi-paragraph professional e-mail to Mr. Hausman, Mr. Hausman could not be bothered to reply with more than one or two sentences and then told people he wasn't going to reply to me ever again. It was one of the most unprofessional things I've seen in business and several other people who have been party to the issue agreed.

There has been talk for a while about how Crave has never cared about this place, never upgrades it, never bothers with it. I have had to fix several issues on the forum and I once had to be the one to detect the malware that basically made the forum hang and caused the forum to be nearly unusable. Crave/WZ clearly does not care about this forum, so discussions have taken place for a while about a backup in case one day the forum just disappears.

With Mr. Hausman's completely unprofessional actions towards me, that was enough to convince me (and some others) that this place could be gone very soon. If Crave/WZ is willing to let just some random person completely alter the landscape of the forum, removing someone who has put in their time and money to help the forums run, then clearly they do not care at all about the forums (as evidenced by the fact the software powering this forum is a decade old).

As such, I decided it was time to go ahead and complete the discussion which had been taking place for months before I was demoted. That's what happened. There was no bitch fight and I'm not trying to stick to to WZ. I've been a member of WZ for a very long time, I'm not trying to ruin it. But, the fact is, the WZ Forums are not taken care of and the first time they don't just run themselves, the first time someone messes something up, then it seems more than likely Crave will just remove the forum.

So, with the SC Forums, there is a place where the owners actually care, the forum is updated, and a forum which will be around for a long time and not a forum that is trying to use you to make money.

The goals are to have a place where people can post about wrestling and anything else they want. And they can do it on a forum that will be taken care of.

As far as getting new users, we have a few different ways to achieve that which we are/will be utilizing, but ultimately, since there's no money to be made, it's just about providing the best place possible for current users.

I'm not trying to split a community, I'm trying to provide the community with some peace of mind.

If you want to come and post, that's great. You don't have to leave WZ. I mean, I own the relatively expensive vbulletin software powering SC Forums, I pay for the hosting and domain name for SC Forums, I'm an administrator at SC Forums and I'm still posting on WZ. It's not about taking you away from WZ, it's about making sure the community which has grown up on WZ doesn't die because some random unprofessional person who clearly doesn't care about the forums just suddenly makes a rash decision without considering those who his/her decision will affect.

If you want to post on SCF, great. If you don't, great too. No pressure at all.

I too have stayed out of these threads - however at this point as I have now been mentioned, I will respond. To be clear I am not a "random member" but someone who has been part of the forums since 2006 and formerly part of the main page. I have a long a history with Wrestlezone and the forums as Slyfox and many others and this was the first time 12 years I was compelled to actually make a complaint.

The situation Slyfox refers to began when a moderator showed what I and the other poster considered to be bullying behavior... it was not simply about one word, but that a moderator was basically saying "admin said this is fine..." when I considered it would be against the rules Sly himself wrote.

I politely protested and was met with what I considered to be an unsatisfactory response, so I made clear I reserved the right to go above him. I then wrote a email directly to Crave including only the original post from the moderator and the response I'd received and I asked 3 simple questions around whether the situation/original and responses were consistent with their brand.

I received a reply from Sly that indicated I was free to go "above him" but that it wouldn't do any good and no one would care. I replied advising I had already contacted someone.

I then received a reply from Nick Hausman within about 2 hours, advising me that Sly and the moderator had been removed, apologizing for the conduct they had shown and that the response I'd received was not what they wanted.

So realistically, Crave answered my questions... whoever got that mail went to Hausman, who looked and didn't like what he saw in either the post or the response to the complaint and took action. Perhaps he was told to fire Sly and didn't have a choice... or perhaps he was angry...perhaps he or they have been waiting for an excuse... We don't know.

Bottom line is I've still not seen an apology to the poor sod who got abused in the first place, but have seen a fair few salty comments aimed at me and a "doesn't bother us" attitude from those removed...who are now plugging a new forum...

At the end of the day it happened, Slyfox and KB have decided by the looks of it to start a new venture, which is their right. Sly owns the site, his rules can work without worrying about anyone's brand and more power to him. Some will choose to go to both, some will defect fully others will not move at all.

But I have a small problem with claiming the reason is because "Crave" (who own Mandatory and thus now WZ) don't care and might pull the plug.

They cared enough to remove an admin who had been in position for many years, who was adamant no one would even read my email, much less act on it in an afternoon because they didn't like what they saw. It shouldn't have been a shock bearing in mind what happened with CSR and those guys but it shouldn't be shocking at all... the online world has changed and use of that kind of word against people just isn't going to fly in any company owned forum in 2018, like it, don't like it, learn to live with it...

At the end of the day, the only reason for Crave/Mandatory/WZ to kill the forums is if they damage/don't help their business. Losing lots of users might do that, but at the same time they're likely expecting Slyfox to set up a new forum and taking some people too. So by all means, respect Slyfox more for his response or that he now seems to be handing things in a positive way with a new forum... but there are 3 sides to it all in this situation, just cos WZ didn't give a detailed response doesn't mean they don't have one.

I too have stayed out of these threads - however at this point as I have now been mentioned, I will respond. To be clear I am not a "random member" but someone who has been part of the forums since 2006 and formerly part of the main page. I have a long a history with Wrestlezone and the forums as Slyfox and many others and this was the first time 12 years I was compelled to actually make a complaint.

The situation Slyfox refers to began when a moderator showed what I and the other poster considered to be bullying behavior... it was not simply about one word, but that a moderator was basically saying "admin said this is fine..." when I considered it would be against the rules Sly himself wrote.

I politely protested and was met with what I considered to be an unsatisfactory response, so I made clear I reserved the right to go above him. I then wrote a email directly to Crave including only the original post from the moderator and the response I'd received and I asked 3 simple questions around whether the situation/original and responses were consistent with their brand.

I received a reply from Sly that indicated I was free to go "above him" but that it wouldn't do any good and no one would care. I replied advising I had already contacted someone.

I then received a reply from Nick Hausman within about 2 hours, advising me that Sly and the moderator had been removed, apologizing for the conduct they had shown and that the response I'd received was not what they wanted.

So realistically, Crave answered my questions... whoever got that mail went to Hausman, who looked and didn't like what he saw in either the post or the response to the complaint and took action. Perhaps he was told to fire Sly and didn't have a choice... or perhaps he was angry...perhaps he or they have been waiting for an excuse... We don't know.

Bottom line is I've still not seen an apology to the poor sod who got abused in the first place, but have seen a fair few salty comments aimed at me and a "doesn't bother us" attitude from those removed...who are now plugging a new forum...

At the end of the day it happened, Slyfox and KB have decided by the looks of it to start a new venture, which is their right. Sly owns the site, his rules can work without worrying about anyone's brand and more power to him. Some will choose to go to both, some will defect fully others will not move at all.

But I have a small problem with claiming the reason is because "Crave" (who own Mandatory and thus now WZ) don't care and might pull the plug.

They cared enough to remove an admin who had been in position for many years, who was adamant no one would even read my email, much less act on it in an afternoon because they didn't like what they saw. It shouldn't have been a shock bearing in mind what happened with CSR and those guys but it shouldn't be shocking at all... the online world has changed and use of that kind of word against people just isn't going to fly in any company owned forum in 2018, like it, don't like it, learn to live with it...

At the end of the day, the only reason for Crave/Mandatory/WZ to kill the forums is if they damage/don't help their business. Losing lots of users might do that, but at the same time they're likely expecting Slyfox to set up a new forum and taking some people too. So by all means, respect Slyfox more for his response or that he now seems to be handing things in a positive way with a new forum... but there are 3 sides to it all in this situation, just cos WZ didn't give a detailed response doesn't mean they don't have one.

[YOUTUBE]p47lmFiZD2M[/YOUTUBE]

And if it's a "she"?

I'm sorry we scarred someone's mind for life with our insensitive behavior.

If they truly cared, they'd bother to see what was going on and how things ended up as they did rather than act without speaking to a single one of us, follow up or order a re-adjustment of rules. All they did was remove two guys and nothing else. Hell, we're still waiting for the Forum File prizes.

For all intents and purposes you seem to know more of what's going on than the rest of us.

I would argue that no matter what the decision is, removing someone who has put as much time, effort and money in as Slyfox has without even informing them is a pretty cast iron example of not caring about the forums.

It’s the path of least resistance. They didn’t even respond to your questions, they just took the simplest action that required the least effort. I’m not going to criticise you for doing what you did, that’s your prerogative, but you just surely see that taking action as drastic as that without the courtesy of an e-mail

If they cared about these forums, they would have done something for those months where the clock kept randomly putting posts in the wrong order. Or when all the avatars broke and sly had to host them on his own server. Or they would have stopped paying Konan to homophobically abuse everyone. They don’t care about this place, they want an easier life.

And I don’t begrudge them that, as I don’t begrudge your complaint, but you must surely see that the fact they didn’t even ask for any extra detail or perform any investigation into the incident (either asking for Slyfox, Yaz or the poster who was actually insulted’s account) or KB as a mediator or anything they just took your word for it because of your past association. That doesn’t sit right with me, and again, it’s not the fact it’s you - I have spoken highly of you for the a long time - it’s the fact that they would so easily make such a reckless decision.

Slyfox literally saved these forums once before when we had the malware problem. Klunderbunker and everyone else on the mod team do not have that expertise. The crave admins have been online once in three years, to remove Slyfox. I’ve put a lot of time and effort into posting in this community over the last 10 years and frankly I don’t have the faith that Crave can fix it when it inevitably fucks up again because it’s using software old enough to be in secondary school.

I hope Crave are unaware of half of the above because if they weren’t and still made this decision without investigation, it’s even stupider.

I don’t want WZ to die, and I hope it doesn’t, but as far as I can see the best way of saving the community that we have all spent years on is to put it into the hands of people who have proven they will invest into it.

If people want to stay here, that’s fine. If people want to go to SCF, that’s fine. My purpose in this thread was to let everyone know it’s there and to explain my reasons, as someone who has spent my entire 20s here and never posted anywhere else about wresting, why I thought it was worth it.

Can someone give me a quick summary of what the fuck actually happened? Like I dont really give a shit either way but I just feel there is a funny story somewhere in all of this

My best BBC summary:

Yaz called another member a "******," Rob Taylor thought that was improper conduct and complained to Sly, who didn't think much of it and said as much, so Rob Taylor complained to Crave, who removed Yaz and Sly from staff.

My best BBC summary:

Yaz called another member a "******," Rob Taylor thought that was improper conduct and complained to Sly, who didn't think much of it and said as much, so Rob Taylor complained to Crave, who removed Yaz and Sly from staff.
What the fuck is a Rob Taylor?

My best BBC summary:

People still get butthurt being called ******? Seriously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back