Steel Cage Forums: A Wrestling Forum That Won't Make You Sick And Kill You

That person DID complain and felt ignored... to the point I took things on and they thanked me for doing so... I note even since the removal, no apology was made to them.

I work with people who have disabilities... I've seen first hand the hurt and pain that is caused by a casual drop of the word. The disrespect that goes into it, whether intended or not is very real EVERY time it is used... there is no casual racism, just racism... there is no casual homophobia, just homophobia and there is no casual disability discrimination, just disability discrimination... it is NEVER harmless and the sooner people start to realise that and stop hiding behind words like "banter" the sooner everyone of the above is stopped.
That i can respect. I don't agree with it but i can respect it.

and here we come to the crux of the issue... "My place, my rules..." and the implication that whatever YOUR opinion is, is worth more than anyone elses
And here you are again stating things which are flatly not true.

It's not my opinion regarding the definition of the word. It is an accepted fact. The only who is trying to make their opinion worth more than anyone else is you.

... it may fly in the new forum until this issue rears its head again (not through me, I won't be joining)
You will be missed.

Mocking disability IS like mocking race
Yaz didn't mock the disabled. Why are you still making things up?

...or sexual preference... and is equally protected against in law as the other two.
:lmao: :lmao:

The law? Are you serious right now? Okay, well, in that case I'm an American and I have a first Amendment right to freedom of speech. Someone calling another something you don't like is within the law. :rolleyes:

You might feel justified using such language
And, again, you lie as I didn't call anyone that.

Does it bother you that you cannot craft a post which doesn't contain contradictions or outright falsehoods?

If you disagree with that, it is you who needs to change/will fall foul of that.
Nope, the law says I don't.

Since apparently we're talking about law now or something.

Is it SO hard to just tell someone they're wrong without mocking their mental faculties
Is it so hard for you to accept that some people are just stupid and say stupid things?

Are you an ostrich?

Even now GSB is questioning your interpretation of your own rules.
And I explained them. :shrug:

that in itself proves that there was grounds for the complaint and a tightening of the rules.
:lmao:

In that case, I'm questioning why this forum would let someone who routinely says things which are not true to stay here. That, "in itself" proves you should probably be banned.

Right?

Seriously, where do you come up with these stupid arguments? GSB asking if Yaz's post didn't violate the rules doesn't mean the rules need to be changed, it just proves one person is seeking clarification of the rules. That's all. Stop saying stupid things.

It wouldn't have taken much for this to have been handled much differently
And yet, those from Crave/WZ chose not to do anything to handle it differently. Which is exactly what we've been saying all along about how they just don't care.

...but throughout it's "what Slyfox says goes"
No, it's about what the rules of this forum are, based on the person who wrote them...who wrote them because he was asked to be in charge of the forum.

Seriously, the amount of stupid right now is nearly overwhelming.

rather than meeting even in the middle.
You didn't want a middle, you wanted your way. You didn't get your way, so you threw a fit, threatened to have me removed and succeeded.

That's not looking for a middle. And, like I've said several times, Crave/WZ is welcome to do with they want with their forum. But you should probably stop acting like you were at all interested in rational discourse. You weren't. You received rational discourse, didn't get your way and threw a tantrum. And you're still throwing a tantrum now, even though there was no reason for you to do so.

We are where we are now...as much through your own and Yaz's fault as my own for making a report.
I'm not blaming you for me starting a new forum at all. As I said, not being an administrator here was just "meh".

You don't seem to understand the things that you read and respond to.

Yes I disagreed with you and advised I would go higher, not out of spite
:lmao:

Okay.

but because you were wrong
No, I wasn't. This isn't an opinion, I can literally point you to any number of accepted dictionary definitions of the word, if you'd like.

and your interpretation of the online world is wrong. There are no "dark little corners" of the internet or little fiefdoms anymore where bullying behavior is OK
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm just going to stop here, so everyone can see just how clueless you really are. Have a great day.

EDIT: Sorry, I just now saw this and thought you needed to read it:

So FFS move on... stop mentioning me in coded little posts
You are lying. I didn't mention you in a coded little post. I actually specifically did NOT mention you to help protect your so-called privacy. I chose NOT to drag your name into the discussion because it didn't need to be, just like I have protected the contents of our discussion which were not relevant to this thread. Unlike Mr. Hausman, I still have professionalism in what I did and do, even though there is absolutely no reason for me to do so.

You are such a child. You don't get your way, you threw little hissy fits and then when someone actually makes the attempt to NOT put you in the line of fire, you attack them for trying to help you. Get over yourself already.

Yes I disagreed with you and advised I would go higher, not out of spite but because you were wrong and your interpretation of the online world is wrong. There are no "dark little corners" of the internet or little fiefdoms anymore where bullying behavior is OK... if you own a site and it happens, and someone reports/sues, then it's your ass and reputation on the line. Crave/WZ clearly didn't think your services were worth that risk... again, meeting half way would have perhaps mitigated that.

In what world do you live in that you think the entire Internet has become completely intolerant of bullying? I'm just asking because I'd like to know the rather small list of websites you go to that is like that. I can't even look at a Facebook post and not see people call others far worse, and that's with people's names front and center for the world to see treating people like they are subhuman. The Internet can cast a dark shadow of what humanity is anymore, though that line is blurring every day it seems like, and we have full out bigotry and hate speech flowing through the crevices of the Internet. Bigotry and bullying, same shit different name only taken to different extremes. Bullying is just act one for the worse shit that goes down and it's fucking everywhere from Facebook to news post comment. If you've been on the WZ Forums for as long as you claim you have, you would have known we have called each other far far worse than the word that has started all this nonsense, so why suddenly the uproar now?

We have literal cesspools like 4chan out there that damn near exist for the point of breeding hatred and bullying. You have /r/the_donald on Reddit which will attack anyone that might remotely disagree with one of their views, and those are just the well known examples. Anonymous, not anonymous, the online world is fucking ugly and only getting worse. I am not defending the use of the word or not as I'm rather indifferent to the moral argument over it, but the fact that you think that the Internet is enveloped in a soft warm fuzzy blanket protected from those that want to hurt others emotionally or otherwise is downright wrong, it's borderline ignorant to what's going on online or even in the real world. For god's sake man we have congressmen attacking children that just survived a school shooting calling them paid actors and treat them like they're trash.

So I'd really like a dose of whatever you're taking if you think the Internet has suddenly changed over to blocking any and all bullying, because shit ain't getting better, it's degraded to far worse tactics.

We can argue whether the use of the word is acceptable or not forever. (And, for what its worth, as a nurse who has also worked with people with mental disability I also agree we shouldn't use it - and I said that to both Sly and Yaz.)

However, the issue here is no longer the use of the word. It's the lack of professionalism by Crave shown to 2 volunteers, both of whom have put a lot of work into the forum, and one of whom has also put his own money into the forum. Earlier you mentioned there being 3 sides to this story - that very well may be true, but neither Sly nor Yaz got a chance to give their side. A decision was made, and the only information they had to make that decision was your e-mail. This from a company who has never shown an ounce of interest in the forums, and how they were run. And, worse, actually paid someone to call us '******s' a few years ago.

And while I accept that the way Crave handled it was not your fault (and, you'll note, no one named you, until you joined the thread), let's also not pretend your purpose was for 'clarification' of their corporate position. Your purpose was to be right, and have Sly 'punished' for disagreeing with you, as evidenced by your threat of his admin position.

In what world do you live in that you think the entire Internet has become completely intolerant of bullying? I'm just asking because I'd like to know the rather small list of websites you go to that is like that. I can't even look at a Facebook post and not see people call others far worse, and that's with people's names front and center for the world to see treating people like they are subhuman. The Internet can cast a dark shadow of what humanity is anymore, though that line is blurring every day it seems like, and we have full out bigotry and hate speech flowing through the crevices of the Internet. Bigotry and bullying, same shit different name only taken to different extremes. Bullying is just act one for the worse shit that goes down and it's fucking everywhere from Facebook to news post comment. If you've been on the WZ Forums for as long as you claim you have, you would have known we have called each other far far worse than the word that has started all this nonsense, so why suddenly the uproar now?

We have literal cesspools like 4chan out there that damn near exist for the point of breeding hatred and bullying. You have /r/the_donald on Reddit which will attack anyone that might remotely disagree with one of their views, and those are just the well known examples. Anonymous, not anonymous, the online world is fucking ugly and only getting worse. I am not defending the use of the word or not as I'm rather indifferent to the moral argument over it, but the fact that you think that the Internet is enveloped in a soft warm fuzzy blanket protected from those that want to hurt others emotionally or otherwise is downright wrong, it's borderline ignorant to what's going on online or even in the real world. For god's sake man we have congressmen attacking children that just survived a school shooting calling them paid actors and treat them like they're trash.

So I'd really like a dose of whatever you're taking if you think the Internet has suddenly changed over to blocking any and all bullying, because shit ain't getting better, it's degraded to far worse tactics.

Brilliant post. More and more I've been noticing the decline in human decency and behaviour on the internet, to the point where people's private information is getting released online, child custody cases are being ridiculed publicly, people are trying to get other people's kids taken away from them and attempting to get people fired from their jobs.

Calling someone a "******" is small fry compared to the ghastly state of some circles I'm loosely associated with.

That person DID complain and felt ignored... to the point I took things on and they thanked me for doing so... I note even since the removal, no apology was made to them.

I work with people who have disabilities... I've seen first hand the hurt and pain that is caused by a casual drop of the word. The disrespect that goes into it, whether intended or not is very real EVERY time it is used... there is no casual racism, just racism... there is no casual homophobia, just homophobia and there is no casual disability discrimination, just disability discrimination... it is NEVER harmless and the sooner people start to realise that and stop hiding behind words like "banter" the sooner everyone of the above is stopped.

You're such a noble soul, standing up for those affected by hate-speech. And that's only partial sarcasm. I think it really is cool if you work that field. I've worked with hard to handle kids and I know it's not an easy task to tackle from an emotional point of view.

Too bad your whole act left the rule that started all this completely unchanged. Probably why everyone keeps insinuating you just complained to Crave because you didn't get your way. Because the problem you keep pointing towards is STILL NOT FIXED.

For months we have been begging, pleading for ways to help the main page. And they leave us high and dry over and over. Ignored constantly and the one time we reach an agreement, they don't hold up their end of the bargain. But you. You complain about that word being used. And it sparked such an outrage. You were heard but we were not. Curious. We've been knocking on the door for so long and are met with apathy. But you're heard in an instant.

Slyfox and Yaz lose their posts. All this. But not a single soul has talked to us to say "hey, maybe we should revise and be more specific with the rules". Fancy that. And Hausman has talked to KB about changes. Wanting to help him "transition". How peculiar is it what triggered all this. The things said. And things ignored.

It's not my opinion regarding the definition of the word. It is an accepted fact. The only who is trying to make their opinion worth more than anyone else is you.

The fact that you still think this, is clueless and very telling. In 2018 the word is accepted, by anyone worth a shit, as an ableist slur that should never be used in context of an insult, and the only people who still don't get that or defend its usage are edgy internet kids and/or those who unironically think its cool to flaunt their "free speech"(which free speech is an objective lie that doesn't actually exist, and is only trotted out when someone wants to be able to justify their hate speech). What you're doing is no different at all from casually dropping or defending the use of the 6-letter f-word in 2018.

What about... and this is just me... have people fill his e-mail account with complaints on how that asshole handled things?

I don't think the guy that made the complaint is wrong. Offense is not given, it's taken since EVER and at the very least you (admins) should go: "hey man, sorry", specially when you are in a position of power and should be WAY more reasonable. It doesn't cost you anything and by the fuck god saying that calling another a ****** isn't an insult is quite ******, specially on a wrestling forum.

He fucking meant to call the guy a dumb motherfucker for whatever and not the medical reasons and not with any legit interest in his mental health. So yeah, Yaz was just an asshole, he said he is and we all are a bit. Rob took exception to that. Sly should've handled it better as in - "hey Yaz, apologize to this pussy". He didn't. Rob went higher and the Crave idiots did stupid shit by removing the problem without actually looking for answers or for fucks sake, telling Sly to make things better.

It sucks, but fuck it, Sly has his new forum and good for him. I lost any interest in this more and more I learned about what happened. In case this goes to shits, I know where to find you all. Thanks.

Says the guy who didn't get his way, cried to his friends who own the forum and got the admin removed and the rules changed because he got his feelings hurt.

O
K
One of those things is inaccurate, sir. One of those things has not been changed.

The fact that you still think this, is clueless and very telling. In 2018 the word is accepted, by anyone worth a shit, as an ableist slur that should never be used in context of an insult, and the only people who still don't get that or defend its usage are edgy internet kids and/or those who unironically think its cool to flaunt their "free speech"(which free speech is an objective lie that doesn't actually exist, and is only trotted out when someone wants to be able to justify their hate speech). What you're doing is no different at all from casually dropping or defending the use of the 6-letter f-word in 2018.
I don't think you get it. Slyfox is not questioning whether the word is or is not appropriate. He's questioning why the rules regarding said word were not fixed to include said word. Trust me, the last thing we do around here is "flaunt free speech". We've always been pretty damn adamant about our rules. Whoever denies that is an utter fool who does not pay attention. Or is a crybaby. There is no hate-speech here. Just a gaping plot-point some people don't want to address because they wish to play the White Knight instead.

This is my issue in the whole thing, and you would think that because I was the one who started all this that my opinion would matter.

Even if Crave truly believes that calling someone a ****** on a wrestling forum they own is going to damage their business, they have done almost nothing to change that. All they did was remove two people from staff. They didn’t come in and make sweeping changes, they didn’t set up new rules, they don’t maintain a presence on the forums. They simply heard someone who used to work for them was upset, took his side, and offered no courtesy as to even ask the other side what happened.

Check the rules, they are still the rules Sly wrote. They don’t care about this place, they took the easy way out. The path of least resistance.

For the record, I’m also disabled. My anxiety is so severe that I’ve yet to find a job that doesn’t cause regular panic attacks. Multiple attempts, multiple failures. I’m also on the high functioning end of the spectrum. I have a fairly regular routine and that routine included coming here daily and doing my mod duties. I know it wasn’t much, but it gave my life some purpose. Having that removed from me really screwed with my mood for a few days. Ask people, I was torn up over this. I still kind of am.

So yeah, I’m upset that all of this fixing of problems is just window dressing.

It's like none of you watched the South Park episode where Jimmy gets taken off the school newspaper for defending the use of the word, "******ed."

This is my issue in the whole thing, and you would think that because I was the one who started all this that my opinion would matter.

Even if Crave truly believes that calling someone a ****** on a wrestling forum they own is going to damage their business, they have done almost nothing to change that. All they did was remove two people from staff. They didn’t come in and make sweeping changes, they didn’t set up new rules, they don’t maintain a presence on the forums. They simply heard someone who used to work for them was upset, took his side, and offered no courtesy as to even ask the other side what happened.

Check the rules, they are still the rules Sly wrote. They don’t care about this place, they took the easy way out. The path of least resistance.

For the record, I’m also disabled. My anxiety is so severe that I’ve yet to find a job that doesn’t cause regular panic attacks. Multiple attempts, multiple failures. I’m also on the high functioning end of the spectrum. I have a fairly regular routine and that routine included coming here daily and doing my mod duties. I know it wasn’t much, but it gave my life some purpose. Having that removed from me really screwed with my mood for a few days. Ask people, I was torn up over this. I still kind of am.

So yeah, I’m upset that all of this fixing of problems is just window dressing.

Way to Ruin Yaz's life, THT, you ableist prick

The fact that you still think this, is clueless and very telling.
It's not clueless at all. In fact, ignoring the legitimate definition of the word to ascribe to a relatively new and arbitrary definition of the word is what is ignorant. I fully understand ****** is used as a schoolyard insult. I fully understand people call one other ******ed as an insult.

But, as I said, it doesn't change the official definition of the word. The word, even if it is used in a slang fashion, is STILL used in a manner consistent with its definition. The fact people become insulted by it is irrelevant to that fact.

You can find any number of threads on these forums where I have forcefully and consistently stood up against prejudice and for equality. And, again, I'm not saying I condone its use. But, at the end of the day, the definition of the word is what it is. Calling someone "clueless" because they understand the actual definition of the word and refuse to let the arbitrary definition of the word push the original aside, is just nonsense.

Let's put it another way. I know many many people who have lost their mothers. If someone calls you a "mother fucker" or tells a "yo mama" joke, should those people also be punished in contradiction to the rules?

What you're doing is no different at all from casually dropping or defending the use of the 6-letter f-word in 2018.
Completely false, because that word exists ONLY as a term of prejudice. While the etymology of that word is not definitively known, it is generally agreed it began and has continued as a disparaging word.

That's not true of what we're discussing. This word only became a sensitive issue because it was ACCURATELY describing people with limited cognitive abilities and then used as a, for lack of a better word, comparison to those who did or said something stupid.

Regardless of whether you agree with someone using it or not, the fact is its use, whether clinically or informally, is consistent with its definition. You cannot simply pretend the word doesn't have a legitimate definition because you want to be offended by it. No one is saying you cannot be offended by it. I've never said I condone its use. All I've ever said is that the meaning of words matter and using that word is no different in my mind than calling someone a "moron", which, although also used as an insult, falls under the same guidelines for which some people find ****** offensive.
It sucks, but fuck it, Sly has his new forum and good for him. I lost any interest in this more and more I learned about what happened. In case this goes to shits, I know where to find you all. Thanks.
Yeah, it's not interesting at all. Basically, this became a case where Rob Taylor wanted to air dirty laundry. Hey, it's the Bar Room, he can do that. And now we've moved on to discussing the morality of a word. Good Bar Room thread.

I don't think you get it. Slyfox is not questioning whether the word is or is not appropriate. He's questioning why the rules regarding said word were not fixed to include said word.
And this is so true and one of the things I e-mailed to Hausman.

If Crave/WZ had simply said "Hey, we don't want this kind of language", I would have said, "Okay" and moved on. They did this years ago with "sexualized signatures", I made an announcement about it and we moved on.

But that's not what happened. And still hasn't happened. Because Crave/WZ doesn't actually care.

It's like none of you watched the South Park episode where Jimmy gets taken off the school newspaper for defending the use of the word, "******ed."
I haven't, and I've seen many episodes. Or, maybe I have, and have just forgotten. At my old age, it's sometimes hard to tell.

As far as prejudiced remarks? As I have told several people in the past, ******ation is quite literally the slowing of progress or development and when applied to humans, it refers to those who cognitive abilities do not progress at a reasonably normal rate. If I call you that, because I feel your posts are lacking in logical or realistic thought, then I am actually using the word by its intended definition. The fact it has become a schoolyard taunt is irrelevant.

Congratulations on not understanding how language works. Words evolve and their meanings change.

No. Because I don't get my politics from a cartoon for "edgy" teenagers.

Congratulations on not understanding how language works. Words evolve and their meanings change.
But the meaning hasn't changed. The meaning still remains what it is. Even if you want to say the word has taken on additional meaning, it doesn't change the fact the original meaning remains.

THAT'S how languages work. You don't get to arbitrarily cast aside definitions of words just because they are inconvenient to the narrative you wish to present.

There's a difference between someone/something important using the word ****** and a guy on a wrestling forum using it. The president shouldn't use the word ******ed as an insult. A guy on wrestling forum can because who gives a shit? Online bullying should be taken seriously. Getting called ******ed on a wrestling forum is different from being bullied on social media.

Oh and this:
Was it racist to use a Samoan American as a "Japanese champion?" Not really, other wise you get into the whole tizzy some are over Hollywood... can only a Japanese-American play Rick Daimo in the new Hellboy? They chose to change the character to white, the actor turned it down... now they have a Korean-American... and people are STILL not happy... how many TOP actors of a certain ethnicity are available at any one time... far fewer than if you go down to a general ethnicity like Asian-American...

I find this very insulting. It is racist bullying saying it is hard to find talented Asian-Americans. MODS, CRAVE HELP.

No. Because I don't get my politics from a cartoon for "edgy" teenagers.

Wow you're soooooo cool. Going to guess you haven't actually watched the show. It is a genuinely funny show.

But the meaning hasn't changed. The meaning still remains what it is. Even if you want to say the word has taken on additional meaning, it doesn't change the fact the original meaning remains.

THAT'S how languages work. You don't get to arbitrarily cast aside definitions of words just because they are inconvenient to the narrative you wish to present.

Have you ever heard the word "******ed" used in your school? If so, is it accepted and defended by the teachers and administrators as acceptable?

Yet Americans use spastic all the time. Fucking hell.

Queer can be a homophobic slur but it still means and is often used by its original meaning, which was odd or unusual.
Great point.
Have you ever heard the word "******ed" used in your school?
Yes.
If so, is it accepted and defended by the teachers and administrators as acceptable?
Usually it depends on the context. If it's a bunch of freshman boys in the locker room joking around, it's usually just ignored. If it happens in the middle of class, with one student verbally accosting another, then it is dealt with. But, in that case, it is dealt with more because of one student verbally attacking another.
Yet Americans use spastic all the time. Fucking hell.
Literally had no idea that was even considered a slur overseas until someone (I think you) mentioned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back