Suggestions to get me started on watching ROH

TheRealDeal

Occasional Pre-Show
So I've been a Wrestling fan for almost 2 years, I was an on-off wrestling fan (I stopped during 2006) and I came back to the real world when I started watching 1999-2001 videos in 2009. I heard of ROH (Ring of Honor) and Dragon Gate USA, though I have been watching DGUSA for a while now and I have been impressed with their work, I have seen the comments and suggestions from some of the people I've seen about ROH being a good wrestling show to watch.. I watched the Glory By Honor PPV and some House show and It got my attention (mainly because some of my favourite wrestlers is now there like Shelton Benjamin, Christopher Daniels, Roderick Strong and Austin Aries.).. So I need some suggestions of same names of a few ppv (be it old or new) on some good ROH shows, I'm just looking for some of ROH's golden moments and where better to look other than WZ, would just be looking for names of ppv's or dates of shows (if you reccomend them)..

Hope this isn't considered junk and thanks for all your feedback.. ;D

I could make about seven or eight suggestions. Instead I'll just name a couple of my favourites. If you'd be willing to buy DVD's from ROH's website, or look for cheaper ones on Amazon or eBay, then these two I highly recommend.

Fifth Year Festival, it's from '07, and the main event was one of ROH's best. Samoa Joe, not the fucked up one TNA have produced for the past two years, but the real Samoa Joe, the one everybody loved to watch, in probably his prime within ROH versus Pro Wrestling NOAH's Takeshi Morishima. It was one of ROH's most hyped matches, and overall it's a great DVD. Also has Homicide versus Jimmy Rave for the ROH World Championship, once again when Homicide hadn't been tainted by the TNA of today.

ROH Take No Prisoners, this is from 2008. It was built around the Four Corner Survival match, which was Claudio Castagnoli Vs. Go Shiozaki Vs. Delirious Vs. Tyler Black, where the winner faced Nigel McGuinness for the ROH World Championship at the end of the night. Bit of a spoiler, but the main event turned out to be awesome, Black Vs McGuinnes. Also had Roderick Strong Vs Kevin Steen in what some people, when you don't count any of his matches with El Generico, as Steen's best match. And if that's not good enough, try Bryan Danielson Vs Austin Aries. I got it for like €8 on eBay.

I'll throw another one in, a personal favourite of mine from last Summer. ROH Salvation. Tyler Black Vs Kevin Steen for the ROH World Championship, also Tag Wars is included which is a Tag Team tournament and The Kings of Wrestling versus Generation Me aka The Young Bucks. Great DVD.

Hope this helps, if not there are some websites that have old ROH PPVs uploaded, just have to find them. Anything from 07 onwards is almost nearly always good.

you sound like me in and out of being a wrestling fan...ROH has seriously too many good shows to name in their 9 years of existance...

i highly suggest watching the whole Raven vs. CM Punk feud
i didnt see all of it but just off the promos it was a great feud
good matches as well

another one of my favorite shows is ROH: At Our Best

AJ Styles vs. CM Punk
Samoa Joe vs. Jay Briscoe
Scramble Cage Match

im not going to go too much into many others since i just woke up...gave you a feud and a solid show to start with...

also why not start off with their first show ever? it was really solid

I got to see the 9th Anniversary iPPV of ROH... Wow WGTG is still at it's best... I loved El Generico and Daniels at this PPV they really did good.. Thanks for the suggestions... I am still looking for a great Samoa Joe feud though, he's a beast at TNA but highly underused and underated and I heard he made good progress in ROH... I am looking onto Jason Scene's suggestion and JuiceOs's of a good samoa joe feud.. Thanks a lot for the feedback

joe had great feuds in ROH, i believe the match i suggested against briscoe is a cage match...

his match with Aries when Aries first won the belt was also a great match

but like i said

Raven vs. Punk

Samoa Joe had a good match with Kenta Kobashi in ROH. However; I think the match is overrated (still good though). Kobashi is passed his prime during this match and doesn't really pull out any big moves. Still fun to watch if you're a fan of either of these wrestlers. The crowd was VERY into it.

Roh stars of honor from 2007 is an awesome collection of great matches and it shows off a young talent in roderick strong, who is now the hampion, he is a great talent so him holding the title alone is enough to get you into ROH, i like glory by honor IX because of the main event, fade to black is a great dvd with tyler black matches although he is no longer in it the ppv was great and it showcased all of his opponents. I would say any of the glory by honor ppvs are worth a purchase, best of american wolf davey richards, eddie edwards dvds and roderick strong dvd are all great to showcase three of the top stars you would be watching. So, your safe with any of them but the glory by honor ppvs are always awesome, and the best of dvds are normally very good as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back