Summerslam - Rock vs. Cena; WM28 - The Undertaker vs. The Rock

zuma169

Dark Match Winner
now hear me out...

Let's face it, Summerslam is the 2nd biggest pay-per-view of the WWE. it usually gets high ppv buys outside of Wrestlemania..

so here is what I propose, let Rock vs. Cena happen in Summerslam.. besides if you look at it, a lot of BIGTIME happenings occured at summerslam (HBK vs. Hogan, Orton vs. Hogan, the returns etc.) so let it happen at summerslam..

then at wrestlemania 28, as we have noticed, the undertaker has faced ELITE stars in the past 3 years (HBK and HHH).. there is no BIGGER name (even compared to Cena) that the undertaker has faced than the ROCK!!!

And since it is exclusively reported that the Rock will stay after WM27 and even up until next year's WM, then I think this is the path to take.. this is the way to go..

What do you think?

i think that its both good and bad. IMO The Rock beating John Cena is at Summerslam is an amazing idea but does anyone really want to see The Rock lose to The Undertaker at next years Wrestlemania? Im finding it hard to believe that after all these years VKM would let Undertaker lose at the big event given that is his legacy and whatnot. IDK but i would be hard pressed to see that happen.

i respectably disagree, though i like your ideas BUT i would much rather see Cena vs Taker next year because it would make more sense and make people feel like the streak may end against "supercena"

If Rock-Cena is happening at summerslam and the rock plans on staying after that and having a match at WrestleMania 28 the person i would love to see him lock up with is Edge, i dont know how it would work but i've always wanted them 2 to lock up in a match given like 30 minutes and i GUARANTEE they steal the show

how would the rock benefit from breaking the streak? how would he benefit from losing to taker? the rock is already the largest name in the wwe so breaking the streak can't make him any better seeing as he won't wrestle again afterwards.
and if he loses? then that makes him look weak by losing to an even older broken down undertaker.
cena should face taker next year and lose. the streak shouldn't be broken and at least cena will have a chance to rebuild his reputation afterwards

While everyone wants to see Cena vs Rock at SummerSlam, Rock vs Taker at Mania just wouldn't be believable, Rock has no reason to fight him and therefore no reason to win. If Rock even stays around till this time next year either have a rematch with Cena or even build something with The Miz which could be planted at this years show. I can only see Cena being the only man big enough left for Undertaker to fight at Mania.

Well since wer all pretty sure tht the rock is getting inducted next year at the HOF i dont think ANYBODY wud want to see him lose IF AND ONLY IF he had a match. and i dont thnk anyone wants to see the streak broken so IMO....

cena vs taker. everybodyl know by then tht taker is retiring and it wud seem as if the streak breaks. i thnk everyone wud want to see tht

whereas the rock is concerned.
rock vs austin IV one last time. with the rock winning. the scores tie up 2-2. nobody gets the upperhand. no majority call and both can leave on an equal footing not claiming to be bttr than the other

The thing is, if The Rock were to take on Undertaker and next years Wrestlemania, assuming he does occasional appearances (I think its a little to presumptuous...spelled right?... to assume he'll be full time till next year), if he stuck around, you would think, in the back of your mind, "no way he stuck around just to lose". So even if he loses, they could put on another epic, and you would be into the hype just for the fact that you think there's no way he stuck around to lose.
As far as Cena vs Rock, do you really think he's going to beat Cena? I don't. Cena is the Hogan of now, there's no way Vince wants a part time wrestler, a guy who hasn't done it in 7 years, to come back and beat his megastar. Its like Hogan vs. Rock. No way Hogan was going to win that. Idiot canadians (that night) be damned! While the match could be epic, while it may seem like the Rock wouldn't come back just to lose, lets remember that Mick Foley ALWAYS came back to lose. Remember the Wrestlemania match, Evolution vs. Rock and Sock Connection? I was so pissed they lost, I felt it was a waste of time. Foley vs. Orton, Foley vs. Edge. Always lost. And those guys weren't even SuperCena. Everyone is acting like Rock is GUARAN-DAMN-TEED to win. And until he utters those words (to my knowledge he never lost a guaran-damn-tee) I won't believe he'll win. As much as I'd love him to, and belive me I do.

Cena v. Rock at Summerslam - Hell yes, that or Mania 28. If it's at the Slam then have it be a heel Cena, who beats The Rock(Rock won't win based on putting Cena over) and have it build up Cena as an unstoppable superheel who then faces Taker at Mania 28... Imagine the crowd for that match.

Rock v. Taker at Mania 28? WTF?! Who benefits from this match in the long run? Who wins? Rock cannot win, as you can't just give him the streak, but then if Rock can't really lose to a battered old Taker can he? Unless he is obviously a heel, but I don't want to see a heel Rock.

if Rock vs Cena happens at SummerSlam, and if Rock stays past that and has a match at WrestleMania 28, I would LOVE to see Rock face Randy Orton.

two third generation superstars going at it on the big stage would be epic.

but I dunno if Rock is willing to stay in WWE past WM 27, but I guess we'll see what happens.

WrestleMania 28 with the following main events would be awesome:

The Rock vs Randy Orton
John Cena vs Undertaker

I can't see Rock returning to the ring at a WM and losing, so no I don't want to see Rock vs Taker at next year's Mania.

Rock v. Taker at Mania 28? WTF?! Who benefits from this match in the long run?

No one benefits long-term, but thats kinda the point. The Rock doesn't need to beat Taker because he'll be done after WM28, IF that. And Taker is probably done after WM28 too, so it would really just be a send-off for both guys, reliving the era that made them both superstars.

Remember winning/losing doesn't really matter in wrestling as long as the match is good, especially when the wrestlers don't need a win to push them, and it would be good.

Damn, this actually annoys me slightly. I'm very pumped about a possible Cena/Rock match, but this match deserves to main event a Wrestlemania, not a SummerSlam. SummerSlam is probably the 3rd most important PPV of the year (behind Mania and Rumble). I doubt the Rock could stick around long enough to keep the feud between him and Cena hot until Wrestlemania 28, so it will most likely take place at SummerSlam.

Also the sad part is that more than likely Cena will go over the Rock. The Rock going over Cena would make no sense for the future, so I don't know how I feel about watching that go down. Though, I think the actual match between the two will be incredible and mirror the Hogan/Rock mania match a few years ago.

As for Rock/Taker, not gonna happen. I would guarantee Rock returns for only one more match and that money match available is against Cena and only Cena. Now I think for WM28, that should be the Undertakers last match against Cena. And yes, I think he should go over Cena and keep the streak in tact as he retires.

Isn't the Rock filming a movie in June? I really do not see him staying around much longer after Mania. As much as I love seeing him in the ring, I can't see him fighting at SumerSlam or in Mania next year.

I do not know if this will have any bearing but I would like to see The Rock and Cena fued into Summerslam and have the match culminate there! Then after that I think it would be cool to go in a different direction to what everyone else is saying and put Cena vs. Taker at Wrestlemania 28 (let's face it, Cena would be the only viable threat to the streak) and build a program with Triple H vs. The Rock finally one on one at Wrestlemania, being Triple H's send off match. These two never got their chance to go one-on-one at the biggest show of the year. Also, maybe HBK could get involved and finally we could see a confrontation between The Rock and HBK which is something that has also never happened. =-) These two matches in themselves would be epic encounters worth watching. That would then free up the titles for perhaps a Miz vs. Morrison and maybe Edge vs. Christian or something like that. What you think?

Also, maybe HBK could get involved and finally we could see a confrontation between The Rock and HBK which is something that has also never happened. =-)

Anything HBK/Rock is highly doubtful. See when Rock was coming up in the WWF he wanted to work a program with HBK, but HBK refused, because Rocky Mavia wasn't in the same league as The Heartbreak Kid. Rock was pretty pissed off and upset by this.

Fast forward a few years and The Rock is one of the biggest, if not the biggest name in all of wrestling at the time. Shawn Michaels NOW WANTED to work a program with The Rock. The Rock simply turned to Vince and told him Shawn Michaels was not in his league and he doesn't want to work with him.

The Rock vs Cena match might possibly happen but as far as The Rock vs Taker don't know and Cena vs Taker @ Mania will never happen as Cena has stated in an interview that he's got nothing against The Taker but he does want to lose @ Mania to him cause in his words the Streak will last forever. I hope The Miz beats Cena then lays the Smackdown! on Rocky Roody Poo Candy A$$ at Mania. But we will wait and see If Dwayne Johnson is for real and stay after mania or go back to Hollywood.

Wow it never ceased to amaze me to see the imagination that these posters here have.
Takers vs Rock, Orton vs Rock, hhh vs rock ,might as well bring up jack swagger in the topic. This guy could sure use the rub from the rock given the fact swagger is completely irrelevant. And then there is Shamus, Morrison etc.

Enough BS. I think ppl needs to think straight and think with logic. First, Rock aint gonna face taker. What is the benefit? Just so Taker will have a happy ending by defeating a legend like the rock or that the rock can have his a re newed rivary? Vince is gonna utilize the Rock to his full potential to create the most cash as possible. Taker vs rock will not draw as big as cena vs rock at mania, bank on that.

Cena vs Rock needs to happen at Mania 28 and i think Vince wants that too. It is no secret that every year vince will do anything to make the most profit as possible with Mania. Hes not gonna waste Rock vs Cena at summerslam. Although any ppv could draw as big as mania where you have a mainevent like rock vs cena, but i think wwe can do better with mania.

This mega feud could sure use a long term buildup to build the climax, anticipation, emotion ect. The Rock most likely have some filming to do in the summer anyway. I think that extra long term build up will only makes the excitement 23456 times better.
Mania 28 will take place in Miami Florida btw. What better place than Miami?

As far as cena vs taker goes. The reason why ppl wants this match to happen at mania because for the past couple of years, taker never have a "legit" challenger. People wants to see that and i understand. And they want someone strong like cena to face taker and so he can call it a career. I really dont think vince will waste a cena vs taker over a cena vs rock at mania 28.

The rock has to beat super cena... You cant have the biggest star come back after 7 years and lose his match to cena.. Cena should of put nexus over at summerslam, everybody says cena is a megastar what is the definition of a megastar???? a guy that gets booed by half the crowd??? a guy who makes straight to dvd movies ???? or is it cause of the 5 million 12 year olds who like him on facebook?????

So If your gonna have cena beat the rock, you need a heel rock cause the rock can pull off the best heel or face than anybody in this business past present or future!!!!!

i think Rock v. Cena is a match everybody wants to see and they would get everybody to buy Summerslam just for that, even if the rest of the card stinks. Rock v. Undertaker, it would be just to sell the PPV, nobody gets a push from that. But i'm going to point something out. Rock hasn't wrestled in over six years. Yes he can still talk the talk, but can he still wrestle? That's a lot of ring rust.

i think that its both good and bad. IMO The Rock beating John Cena is at Summerslam is an amazing idea but does anyone really want to see The Rock lose to The Undertaker at next years Wrestlemania? Im finding it hard to believe that after all these years VKM would let Undertaker lose at the big event given that is his legacy and whatnot. IDK but i would be hard pressed to see that happen.

Yeah, but whenever the Rock DOES face Cena, he definitely isn't going to be beating him. The Rock has shown that he will job to the new stars and put them over. No way does Vince let his top face, Cena, lose to the Rock.

No way.

What I think would make most sense would be for at mania 27, after Cena beats Miz for the belt, The Rock acknowledges that he is the champ and does deserve respect after all. Rock raises Cena's hand as the victor, Cena then hits Rock with the AA, effectively turning him into the heel that is pissed at the people because as soon as Rock came back the people turned on him.

This leads to the build of heel Super Cena. He beats everyone, same as he does now, but he beats the people who the crowd likes. I'd like this to lead to Summerslam with Rock vs Cena, where Cena beats Rock.

Cena holds the title up until the point where Taker is ready to make his return. Then somehow, whether it be intentional or not, Taker costs Cena the belt, maybe at the Royal Rumble. This starts a feud between the two culminating at Wrestlemania.

It puts the irresistable force (Super Cena) against the immovable object (Taker's Streak). I would have Taker go over to be 20-0 (granted he beats HHH this year) and he can retire having beaten the best.

Cena/Rock is a match that I have been waiting to see for a long time. It is a dream match and while Cena/Rock really needs to happen at Wrestlemania 28, I don't think WWE can build that match up for another year. The best thing to do is have Cena/Rock happen at Summerslam. Cena/Rock would arguably be the biggest match in Summerslam history and Summerslam is the 2nd most important PPV. Cena will most likely win and then they can build up Cena to face Taker at Wrestlemania 28. I know Cena doesn't want to face Taker but that match needs to happen somehow. Cena is the last legitimate threat to beat Taker. Have Taker beat Cena at WM28 and Taker retires 20-0 at WM and they can have Rock/Orton at WM28. Orton/Rock and Taker/Cena at WM28 as the Main Events!!

Seriously anyone backing Cena & Rock at SummerSlam, something is wrong with them

how in the hell (though big matches have happened there) do you take a perfect WrestleMania match and put it on SS?

You can have The Rock vs Randy Orton (3rd generation superstar vs 3rd generation superstar) at SummerSlam

or Rock vs Miz before you do Cena

hell even have Rock 'N Sock vs Cena & ???

then have TEAM ROCK vs TEAM CENA @ Survivor Series, you can keep interest, but either way this match is for WrestleMania, arguments over this are truly stupid as I dont see how this cant be blatantly obvious, this match is this decade's Hogan/Rock so why in the hell would you not put it at WM28?!

What the fuck is wrong with you ppl?

Even wrestling sites are confused as to whether it may or may not happen and I feel like how are you unsure? it's just like when I use to tell ppl Rock would come back now all the things are coming to pass and the exact thing I said would bring him back did, the Cena/Rock build that's been planned by Vince for years!

YEARS damnit!

And do you think he'd waste all this on SummerSlam? FUCK NO. This is big and Rock will be wrestling Cena next year @ Mania

Cena/Taker is WM29, not WM28

Taker will be inducted @ WM30 and it makes more sense than anyone else leading that WM. Not HHH, Not Vince, no one but Taker will head that class in 2014

22-0 (may not sound as good as 20-0 but hey)
you may be thinking if Cena/Taker is WM29 who in the hell do I expect to face Taker in his last match @ WM30, Well I do know who the perfect person would be, but I'll save that for another thread, but let's just say, things have a way of coming or seemingly coming full circle.

like ___ like ___

@SickJames- I'm sure everybody here would rather see Cena/Rock at WM28 but the bottom line is than an entire year to build this match is a long wait. That's the only reason why I say Cena/Rock would be best at Summerslam. U act like Summerslam is a shitty PPV. I could see if people wants Rock/Cena to happen at a PPV like Extreme Rules. Summerslam is the 2nd biggest PPV and while I would prefer Cena/Rock at Wrestlemania 28, I am fine with Cena/Rock at Summerslam. Big matches such as HHH/HBK, Cena/Batista, Orton/Hogan, HBK/Hogan happened at Summerslam and not Wrestlemania. People would buy SS just to see Cena/Rock and Undertaker is on his last legs. I don't think he makes it past WM28 and his last match should be against Cena at WM28 and no one else! I think everybody that wants to see Cena/Rock wants to see Cena/Taker happen just as bad. Cena/Rock at Summerslam and Cena/Taker and Orton/Rock at WM28!

Thisis the biggest match Vince could book and that reads WrestleMania, the difference between those big bouts and this one is this is and will be the biggest match of this decade. The Rock & John Cena represent two generations of fans, you cant just rush this into SummerSlam. I really thought ppl on WrestleZone of all places would understand that even though we dont get it much anymore there's nothing wrong with tradition and year long builds

Rock is being used in a non wrestling role this year then a wrestling role next year

you could easily keep interest, there are so many possibilities. What if Miz "took out" The Rock because he felt he should be facing him and not Cena and the match is seemingly coming @ SummerSlam so if he cant face him no one will and Rock makes his movie (which still he should just make one with WWE so he can work around the schedule)

and returns in August for a SummerSlam match with The Miz

he beat him because we all want him to win a match and not just lose to Cena @ Mania passing the torch

then you restart the Cena/Rock feud (see this Miz thing could help by having him play on and off with Miz & Cena)

then have Team Rock vs Team Cena (this idea not only holds off Rock/Cena 1 on 1 for Mania, but it gives you them in the ring getting physical a bit but more importantly WWE has its biggest 5 on 5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match in a looong time that will matter more than either title bout)

have them verbally spat up until Mania with segments that remind us of the old days. And have that epic match in Rock's hometown

you know, thinking of it now what if Cena inducted The Rock for an added wtf? Now I'm wondering who will induct him next year, his father, Stone Cold (i guess would make sense)

Anyway... you could do that, you could bring back Rock 'N Sock for old times one night only

you could have seriously now a thing where Rock has his movie come out in January and Cena films one with WWE and it's released in January
have WWE hype it up as they are in works with another company to have both movies released on the same date

and they'll promote both movies saying

"Before they Battle @ WrestleMania 28... The Rock & John Cena Battle on the Big Screen!"

it can help WWE Studios, The Rock could help in so many ways and build with Cena

WWE could release a movie in theaters for more than 3 hours this time, lol

and get so much money when it's a battle of who'll rake in more cash opening night, opening week, overall etc

I think that actually would be a nice thing to do before their match

Rock vs Cena- in theaters (before Rock vs Cena- in the ring)

come on, there's so much you can do with this

1 year hasnt been done in a while (save for HBK/Taker II in ways) but you dont need it constantly in your face, just make a huge angle where Rock is taken out

I think they might do the same date movie release thing, if word comes out Cena's filming a movie anytime soon I'm calling it

I love the idea of having Rock vs Cena at Summerslam, it allows plenty of time to build up fresh fueds afterwards leading to RR and/or WM.

Rock vs Taker at WM28 - As great as this match would have been 10 years ago, it just wont work anymore. Rock has no reason to want to break the streak, beacuse as mentioned a few times above he is the biggest name in WWE over the last 10/15 year time scale.
But i cant escape this feeling that if it is Cena vs Taker at WM28, then the goldenboy will win! Vince wants Cena to be the face of WWE, what better way to cement him in that position than ending the streak!

As unlikely as it will be, i would like (not including title matches) it to be focussed on an Attitude vs PG theme, think about it....

Trish vs Melina
Kane, Big Show and Diesel vs Jackson, Gabriel and Slater
DX and Edge & Christian vs Otunga, McGillicutty, Harris and Ryan
The Rock vs Orton
SCSA vs CM Punk
Taker vs Cena

Title matches involving JoMo, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Miz

This will effectively be a "passing of the torch" WM where every match is worth watching, and the title matches will give superstars the push they deserve to take the WWE into the next decade

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back