Tag team breakups

tommyh

BEER MONEY
I was watchin an old tna ppv the other day an it had AMW goin up againsit team canada. These were two of the top teams in tna at the time. This got me rhinkin is there some unwritten rule that ones a team breaks up that they never reform as a team again. From all the way back from the rockers an team 3d an beer money. Only on a few times has a team came back for one night only stuff.

Do you think this has hurt tag team wrestlin as a whole.

Can you think of any team who got back together.if not is there a team youd like to see eather past or today.

In order to get your name out there you may need to be a aprt of a successful team. Then you can break away from that team to move onto to sibngles success, and in most companies <cough> WWE <cough>... singles is the only thing that matters.

It's natural evolution of a wrestler and I don't think someone wants to go back, they always want to move forward (unless you're the Undertaker).

TNA is a different animal as they do sort of value their tag division a little better than most, but even now they having a bad period. I'd say in 3 or four years we'll get a one or two off Beer Money reunion, but it would be like a DX thing as they would hopefully still be main eventers by then...

You do get them getting back together for pops down the track like DX and E&C etc. but it's all about moving forward. Edge to be the same old tag guy, would have deprived many WWE fans of the stuff that he got up to over the last decade for example.

Yea i know the whole thing on why people get into pro wrestlin is to be a single wrestler. But alot of them are better as tag teams. Look at the new age outlaws as a case. They were ok single but when they were a tag team they were of the best anyone has ever seen. Then u had guys like the road warriors who understood there part an knew they were better off as a tag team.i wish more people would see that. I believe both companys would be better with a deeper tag division

To answer your question, the Midnight Express with Robert Gibson & Ricky Morton just recently reunited after separating some years ago (i think in the 90s). I think really it's just a matter of there being nothing else for those teams to do at the time so they break up.

AMW was TNA's bread and butter tag team long before Storm & Roode became a team. They were there to put matches against everyone from The Flying Elvises (With Sonny Siaki & Jimmy Yang) to Team Canada to Styles & Daniels to even LAX. They were just that great as a collective unit that TNA knew that their Tag division would be solid. But after a while (and after including stupid **** Gail Kim) they began to get stale and boring. And the only way for them to come out on top was for them to break the team apart.

Of course, Chris Harris would go on to be remembered for his one day appearance in WWECW before being sent off to the scrap heap while Storm has stayed as one of TNA's go to guys for tag teams (Beer Money) and even singles feuds. He essentially became the HBK of America's Most Wanted.

Also, though not technically a tag team as much as they were a stable, both DX and the Four Horsemen reunited for a while. Also, Hall & Nash were still taking tag bookings for the longest time until Hall went to rehab and Nash to WWE.

Yea i know the whole thing on why people get into pro wrestlin is to be a single wrestler. But alot of them are better as tag teams. Look at the new age outlaws as a case. They were ok single but when they were a tag team they were of the best anyone has ever seen. Then u had guys like the road warriors who understood there part an knew they were better off as a tag team.i wish more people would see that. I believe both companys would be better with a deeper tag division

Yep absolutely! NAO, the Road Warriors, even the Dudley Boys (before Ray's recent stuff) were all better as a team. And I guess that's why the Dudley's have 23 world titles because they continued to be a team.

I would love to see more teams stay together, (if they were awesome of course) and keep tag wrestling alive. The Motor City Machine Guns, the British Invasion and LAX are great examples that could be top teams because it seems TNA have too many singles guys, so these tag teams could be epic!

I believe if the mcmg were to get back together an they were to bring lax back i believe that would go along way to TNA tag team.i also believe they should take a few of the x division guys an join them together an make tag teams. It would be better than not seein them for a couple if months plus could help the very stale tag team divison right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back