The Biggest Star To Never Be Signed?

Furyof5

Pre-Show Stalwart
This is my first thread here so I hope you guys like it. I picked this section as I feel for the time period it belongs, but if not feel free to move it.

I have been a life long WWE fan and have watched several periods in the company. As a child I was a big fan of action movies as well. As the years went on I began to see more and more wrestlers in other roles such as Hogan in movies, Stone Cold in Nash Bridges, Vader on Boy Meets World, etc. And after witnessing all of this I began to wonder, "Why hasnt the reverse happened?"

Now of course this wasnt for any actors, but more like action stars, or at least one in specific. And that brings me to the man I alluded to in the title:

Arnold Schwarzenegger.

arnold_schwarzenegger_training.jpg

I have been a huge fan or Arnold throughout my life. I have seen every single one of his films and my all time favorite movie is Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Though out my life I have wondered what would have happened if Arnold had been a wrestler, and that is what I am asking of you:

How big would Arnold have been if he became a professional wrestler?

Now this isnt to say whether or not he started out as a professional wrestler, even though you can add that possibility in if you want along with the answer to the question. This is to say what would have happened, if in the peak of his popularity Arnold jumped ship to a wrestling organization, say WWE?

I personally feel he would have been massive, garnering huge ratings and on top of that drawing huge crowds. The man was already larger than life and massive in physic and power, so he could have easily fit into the industry. On top of this he already had rather big friends in the industry such as Superstar Billy Graham which could have been used to build up his credibility.

I would like to think that Arnold would have been a wrester of the same caliber as Hulk Hogan, and possibly even bigger than him(though this is probably more or less my "fanboyism" towards him).

So what do you think? How big would Arnold Schwarzenegger have been if he had jumped ship in his peak of popularity?

Note: This thread is about Arnold Schwarzenegger specifically, not about actors or people from other sports in general. If you would like to talk about them then do so AFTER you have posted about Arnold.

Nice thread and interesting topic too...

Honestly given the time he would have been in the E (early-mid 80's) I don;t think Arnie would have been too successful as no-one would have been able to out shine Hogan :hogan:.

Mind you were he to be there today at the age he was back then (I know confusing..) he would be a star! for one he had the body Vince looks for and his english was/is limited enough for him to be turned into a really menacing heel....

As for current "Action" stars who could/should take up wrestling the only people I can think of are:

1. Vin Diesel - just seems really cool and has charisma
2. Mark Wahlberg - he's got more street cred than Cena has in his pinky
3. Jack Black - Nacho Libre - nuff said!
4. Samuel L Jackson - probably more of a manager or GM role, but he would be awesome

Maybe a possible mention for Will Ferrel (watch him wrestling a bear in Semi Pro and you'll know why :icon_mrgreen:)

Regarding the earlier post listing potential actors/wrestlers...

Vin Diesel would be ok, he is a big guy and can get himself into great shape- like in xXx. Plus, he has the bad ass attitude that fits a wrestler well.

Mark Wahlberg is another guy with a fantastic physique, and would not look out of shape in a WWE ring, if he learned how to wrestle.

LMAO at Samuel L! The man would RULE as GM or as a manager, he has the perfect comob of acting skills, voice and charisma to be a much better version of Teddy Long!

ENGLISH MOTHERFUKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT! hahaha

Michael Clarke Duncan

MichaelClarkeDuncan_350x435.jpg

This guy has everything Vince is looking for. He has size, he has the look, he has strength and he's a life-long wrestling fan. Duncan is a world famous actor who was nominated for the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role in The Green Mile and if he had jumped ship shortly after his nomination, he could've been HUGE. He was a fan of the Rock & a programme between the two where maybe Duncan would've taken Rikishi's place as The Rock's friend (taking the 'I Did It for Da Rock' stuff out of course) would've been instant cash for Vince and company.

Michael Clarke Duncan

MichaelClarkeDuncan_350x435.jpg

This guy has everything Vince is looking for. He has size, he has the look, he has strength and he's a life-long wrestling fan. Duncan is a world famous actor who was nominated for the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role in The Green Mile and if he had jumped ship shortly after his nomination, he could've been HUGE. He was a fan of the Rock & a programme between the two where maybe Duncan would've taken Rikishi's place as The Rock's friend (taking the 'I Did It for Da Rock' stuff out of course) would've been instant cash for Vince and company.

Well yes Duncan could have been big, but I think everyone is missing the big point as to where I made this thread specifically about Arnold and if he had jumped ship to WWE.

But hey I suppose you can always add something like this to an Arnold based retort and people could follow up on it.

I think for impact it would have to be someone who was a dual sports superstar for it to work... I think the original idea was for Mike Tyson to actually become a WWF wrestler... I think that in itself would have been huge... Again for Floyd Mayweather, had he gone full time it would have been a massive boost...

Actors are just that, they have stuntmen to do the major bumps, they get paid millions for one film... they could never earn enough to really make the leap and could end their careers quickly with an injury... For one offs I could have seen Stallone do it...a team with Hogan against Dolph Lundgren and Nikita Koloff would have worked around Rocky 4... I would have loved to see Mickey Rourke actually fight Jericho... but think I'd have preferred it if he used "The Ram" persona... it was also a shame the proposed Jackass match fell through a few years ago, I just see Johnny Knoxville taking to the WWE like a duck to water...

I would have been intruiged to see someone with a legit fighting background like Ray Park or Chuck Norris enter wrestling, but at least as it stands the worst we've had to face is Arquette and Leno... You say who is the biggest? God they could have gotten Roseanne, Al Bundy, Mike Myers as Wayne, or Ben Stiller as White Goodman (I just threw up a bit in my mouth).

It depends when he would have been signed. Judging by your pic choice, I'm presuming you mean around the Pumping Iron phase of Arnie's career.
Eh. He could have been ok. Obviously the walls of the 1980s were smeared with red and yellow faeces, but he could have made a viable opponent/ human punching bag for Hogan.
As for the 1990s, the ship would have sailed. Wrestling simply couldn't afford him. If he had been cast in Santa with Muscles, then you never know...
But the main thing is sure Arnie has the look, but did he have any skills. Obviously in movies you can retake every shot and have stunt men do most things for you. Arnie fits into the "World's Strongest Man" stable, and that's not a good thing. That title is usually reserved for people who wrestle like they have Vader tied to one foot, and Bam Bam tied to the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back