The Cosmic King!!

Prince Vee

Better than I think I am
Ever since Stardust and my favourite wrestler in the WWE roster Wade Barrett joined hands together, I loved their backstage promos. They're bizzare and undoubtedly Barrett is great on the mic but I never thought he would form a blizzare team with Stardust. I like this Cosmic King gimmick.

Their promo backstage at the last Smackdown was really good and solid but my doubt it, whether WWE will let them Cosmic Kingdom be together for a while or its just for a PPV?

There have been reports stating that Barrett will feature in a movie that starts filming in September. So is Summerslam the last event where we'll see the Cosmic Kingdom? Are WWE going to kill a stable even before it gets started?

What're your views and verdicts on this? Feel free to share.

Cheers!!

Summerslam is about Amell giving them publicity not Neville, Stardust or Barrett. They may continue them as a team but like I said with KOTR don't expect Barrett to get a good push anytime soon. Whatever WWE saw in him appears to have gone from, he gone from the one to beat the Streak to a jobber and it is gonna get much better anytime soon unless he does a Ryder and builds a massive following to the point where WWE has to respond but I would prefer to see Barrett used in NXT for a while to rebuild his career.

I'm pretty sure this is just a one time PPV partnership. I mean, what was the ground for the match? Stardust and Steve Amell don't like each other, and Bad News Barrett... lost to Neville on Raw?

I heard there was a different guy to team with Stardust, but plans changed and BNB got the spot on the card. If that's the case, then it's 100% guaranteed that this is a one time deal. Sorry!

....whether WWE will let them Cosmic Kingdom be together for a while or its just for a PPV?

Pairing these two is an interesting idea, in that taking two guys who don't seem to cut it as individual performers and making them a team might add up to something that works.....at least until the novelty wears off.

Wade might add enough bombast to hide Cody's bland personality....while Cody's weirdness as Stardust might give Wade an effective foil to play off, given that he seems to need people to lead.....as in his Nexus days.

There's a strange type of logic in taking Barrett's KOTR schtick, which was going nowhere....and morphing it into a different King gimmick rather than simply abandoning the first one.

In any case, this alliance will likely be of short duration.....perhaps as short as a month if Wade is really leaving for awhile to make a movie. Still, if it proves effective, it might give Creative a good idea of what works with these guys, for future reference.

I think the whole point of this is to confuse the hell out of everyone so at the very least we're interested in this tag team match for the sake of compulsive curiosity.

Gimmicks can be pretty wild and stupid; right now Wade is looking like a villain out of Buck Rogers. I think the last sci-fi gimmick the WWE ever tried to make work was Max Moon, he would hop up the steel steps so he could pretend that the useless chunk of plastic he wore on his back was an actual jet-pack. Or was it Techno Team 2000? The duo that believed that in the future we would all dress like Ziggy Stardust (no relation).

Wade went around as a king because he won the king of the ring tournament. Everyone else who won did it, so now he's doing it and it makes sense. Now he's apparently a Cosmic King, because fuck it he just is. He wears pauldrons now, because useless body armor is a fashion statement.

It's as if someone in WWE creative got a redo at their wheel of creative bullshit and just combined "King" with "Space Crab" in the most obvious way they could. I get that they want this match to look like a comic book come to life, last I checked "Stephen Amell" wasn't a comic book character. You have the one guy who makes a living portraying an actual DC character, and they're booking him into a match as his real name.

Why in the fuck did the WWE make Wade stop being Bad News Barrett!?

Well the way I see it is this. Steve Amell is not a wrestler, he's an actor, so to have him wrestle Rhodes in a one on one match is ridiculous. Rhodes would either have had to dumb it down to the extent that it resembled nothing like a wrestling match, or it would have been so one sided, the suspension of disbelief would have had to be incredible.

I can understand why Neville is in there. He's sort of fits with the comic book kind of character, "The Man Gravity Forgot" and all that. Barrett I'm not getting. He's nothing like any comic book character I've ever seen, and he's going to stand out like a sore thumb.

Wonder who was supposed to be there instead? Chances are 50/50 on this match being totally horrible, or they might manage to actually pull it off and make it good.

I think this is just something temporary. Barrett and Stardust loses and Barrett gets wrote off TV again probably tomorrow. Have him face Ryback and lose clean as usual.

I personally have a feeling that whether they stay together or not, they will lose at Summerslam and will be back to being full-on jobbers. Shame, as I like both men and think they have chemistry.

I loved the bit where Barrett says his enemies will turn black and blue, which prompts Stardust to clarify that "he's going to hit them" and Barrett responds with a straight "yes" as if Stardust hadn't said something silly.

I really love this, this is the Goldust and Booker T pairing. It was amazing. Both guys look strong and compliment one another. Barret making cody look stronger, and Cody giving Barret something.

Wonder who was supposed to be there instead?

It was supposedly going to originally be the Miz teaming with Stardust, but since Ryback missing time postponed the IC match, the Miz was occupied with that for longer than expected.

He did start a little something with Stephen Amell on twitter a month or so ago that seems to support that, but for all we know that could have just been the two having fun and not setting anything up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back