The death of the Ultimate Warrior: One year later

CM Steel

A REAL American
It's been a year to the date nearly that the WWE hall of famer the Ultimate Warrior has passed away the night after he returned to RAW for the first time in 16 years. It was a blessing and honor to see the Warrior in his final days on earth in his finest hour with his family. And this year at the WWE hall of fame the WWE awarded a fallen fan an award named after the WWE hall of famer in his honor. It was present by WWE superstar Daniel Bryan and the Ultimate Warrior's widow Dana Warrior.

A year without the man known as the Ultimate Warrior. Right when his old friend & tag team partner Sting makes his long awaited debut in the WWE. Big up to the WWE for keeping the Warrior's name on the scene. I remember coming home from the movie's and I got online and saw that the Ultimate Warrior had passed away. I didn't believe it at first because I just saw the Warrior on my TV screen 24 hours earlier. But it was true, the Ultimate Warrior had died.

Where were you when you hear the breaking news and where could the WWE hall of fame have gone in the WWE storyline wise if he didn't die?

Rest in Peace Jim Warrior
One Year Later

I was in Malaysia on business. I didn't see WM30 live but thankfully there was a place selling fake DVD's near my hotel a few days later (without knowing the results, so there's a lesson to people who argue that an overseas WM can't be done due to the time difference. Sometimes us non-Americans don't have that same luxury so we make adjustments :p)

Back to topic: And yeah I was shocked, I thought WM30 was a huge success and I was at a high during that period so to hear about Warrior passing was kind of a shocker and downer.

Actually form the events leading to his HOF induction, the Warrior is proof why I do not take the WWE seriously. How do you go from having a DVD that smears The Warrior and basically everything about him (including his promos and character) in 2005 to giving him so much praise even saying flowering things about him in 2014? I mean nothing in his contribution and performance has changed between then, so the 2005 Self Destruction DVD was so unnecessary and uncalled for. Like the recent Macho Man DVD where the WWE celebrated his career but also highlighted his problems, they could have done that for Warrior in 2005 instead of dragging his name to the ground.

It was really unprofessional for the WWE's part.

We watched Wrestlemania and then RAW the next night, when he made his last appearance. Friends of mine who went to Mania in New Orleans actually met him at the airport as they were preparing to leave the US, my friends were on their way back to the UK.

I got the notice on here that he had been taken to hospital and later died. What a shame. RIP

I remember waking up and going on Twitter seeing #RipWarrior trending worldwide. I never thought it was The Ultimate Warrior espically after he appeared on Raw the day before. Then I saw Triple H's tweet which filled me with disbelief. The award in honour of Warrior awarded to the fallen fan Conner who impacted in superstars hearts including Daniel Bryan was a nice unexpected moment in the hall of fame and one that will live forever along with Warriors Legacy.

I was doing early morning walks at the time, and I woke up and checked my phone before I left the house. I went to ProWrestling.net as usual, and it was one of the leading stories. I was gobsmacked. A genuinely, unbelievably sad occurrence.

I was too young to watch Warrior in his prime but it was exciting to see him headline the HoF and the significance of his career in the WWE.

I wonder what he would be doing with the WWE now if he was still alive.

Ultimate Warrior was a bizarre figure (Sting's own words)

Warrior saying it was perfect Bobby Heenan got cancer. :disappointed:

Warrior: Was overcome with joy at the idea of Bobby Heenan dying of cancer, calls it the perfect finish

Ultimate Warrior: As for you, Booby Heenan, it’s just too difficult to keep a straight face talking about the pure two-faced bag of shit you are (and have always been), what, with you also actually wearing one as a piece of body jewelry. You are dying, dis-eased on the inside, and no more time is left to get back any of the integrity that matters the most on death’s bed. Imagine what it will be like, lying there taking in your last breaths, knowing you ****ed yourself out your whole life, and had to, in your final years, be faced with emptying your own personal shit bag affirming to you the true value of what you achieved in your life. Not even Vince could come up with a better finish than this. Karma is just a beautiful thing to behold.

I'm glad Warrior got peace with WWE.

But the guy was an asshole and shouldn't have an award at HoF. It could be something for backstage people to get some award of some kind, but it shouldn't include Warrior.

Wasn't it Triple H that said Chyna doesn't go in HoF because children google? Well, when they google Warrior, they see a homophobic and racist slurs and wishing Bobby Heenan dies of his cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back