The Kings of Wrestling: WWE Bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I was surfing the net a few minutes ago and came upon a little report on gerweck.net. The report mentioned that former ROH World Tag Team Champions Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli, otherwise known as the Kings of Wrestling, were given a private tryout with WWE officials a little while back. This was something I read about also but this is the first follow up regarding that try out I've read so far.

At any rate, the report says that WWE officials were impressed and the two were extended contract offers. Apparently, they've also had contract offers to remain with ROH as well and that ROH wanted the deals to be signed yesterday so that future plans could be made as far as booking goes. According to Dave Meltzer, it's believed that the Kings of Wrestling didn't sign their ROH deals and that they're leaning towards signing with WWE.

As I haven't had an opportunity to watch ROH, which I'll finally be able to do come this September, I've heard lots of good things about these guys. It seems that praise for these guys seems to be damn near universal. If they're half as good as I've heard about, they'd be an asset to any roster.

So take it away. Let the optimistic views of a potential bright future and the rants on how they'll be misused if they go to WWE begin.

Hero I can't see going to far in the WWE unless they are kept as a tag team. He is very generic look and not what WWE's fans look for in a superstar.

Claudio on the other hand has the chance to be a huge star in the WWE. He brings an international flare like much of the young talent on the roster. Hopefully they split these guys up and push CC. It would be a shame to let this guy sit in the tag division and sulk.

Generic Answer:
I don't see these two doing anythin, they're going to fuck them up in the ASS like they do to every hot indy talent that comes in. Look at CM Punk, he's a dick, who is he? He's a jobber yeah. I mean, come on, who is he? Who knows about him? Bryan Danielson's done nothing, not like hes ever won anythin in the WWE he sucks should be released YEAH! Kaval sucks too, he had all the personality in the world to go far and they released him and now they suck fuck Vince McMahon. Tyler Black and Jon Moxley are being jobbed in development guys. Hey you guys. And Matt Sydal hasn't been used in ever either. Fuck WWE can't use anybody right.

Logical Answer:
Claudio Castagnoli has wanted back into the WWE since they last released him. They released him because he has admitted he had attitude problems. Chris Hero is one of the most entertaining workers in the indies, the guy is a second breed of CM Punk. From the smoothness of the way he wrestles to his microphone skills. CM Punk doesn't look like he'd be a huge star, does he? And he is, hence why Chris Hero if given enough time; and he'll get fan support, the same way Punk and Danielson did when they came in. Chris Hero can be the next CM Punk.

Claudio is a great worker, in every aspect. His look is classy, the way he talks on the microphone is brilliant, the way he wrestles is perfect, the guy has everything that the WWE look for. He has a lot of body mass, the only disadvantage they'd have is that he isn't one of the bigger guys. But hey, look at The Miz as a prime example of the fact WWE don't just want to push bigger, steroid full guys.

WWE haven't misused any actual independant talent without a reason. Kaval has said many times, WWE look for something specific and he hasn't got it. Colt Cabana has said that he feels like he didn't have the look required or the wrestling skills WWE would be looking for, for him to achieve success in the WWE.

Chris Hero and Claudio being misused isn't going to happen. The smarks will probably come up with one hundred reasons as to why they'll get misused but the proof is in the pudding. WWE have a higher success rate when bringing in independant stars than a failure rate and those two who did fail have publically admitted that it was their fault.

They should sign with WWE if they will be used correctly but don;t bother if their going to end up like Evan Bourne. I want to see both of them in the WWE if they are a successful tagteam and good single competitors aswell. Don't waste your most talented guys Vince! Fuck the Mark Henry's and Sheamus's, use guys like Tyler Black and Daniel Bryan, their 100x better in the ring and way more exciting to watch.

I hope to god not, they are a good tag team, and to come to a place where tag team wrestling is almost non existent would be a big mis step. If they came in and did not tag they would just get buried because they don't work the "WWE style" and then they would get fired or quit out of frustration.

I hope to god not, they are a good tag team, and to come to a place where tag team wrestling is almost non existent would be a big mis step. If they came in and did not tag they would just get buried because they don't work the "WWE style" and then they would get fired or quit out of frustration.

They're better as singles wrestlers than a tag team. Hence why Claudio is the current PWG Heavyweight Champion.

They'd be sent to development to work the WWE style. That's what development is for, look up the definition. They'd also be signed and handled most likely by Triple H. Triple H doesn't seem to like people under his wing failing, look at Sin Cara.

WWE is the place to be. If the offer is there, its better to take your chances at the number 1 wrestling company in the world.

If this means this is the 1st step toward rebuilding the tag team division, which a lot of us have been screaming about, I saw go for it. I don't know much about this duo, as it's kinda hard to follow ROH, but if they're great, then hopefully they'll be the first stepping stone in re-creating the tag team division. With that being said, if this is just an attempt to get two good performers with no intentions of expanding their tag team, then I think they should second guess their decision of going to WWE and sign with Impact instead. I can't tell another person how to make their money, and I'm sure WWE will pay them pretty good, but I'm also sure that they may not be utilized properly. I certainly hope not, as I love to see new talent brought in. But with cuts going on the roster quite often, I have to wonder how long their stay will be & if it will be a successful one.

Claudio is very close friends with Regal, Danielson, Punk and J.R. People on here talk about wanting a European faction of some sort. Here's the chance. I propose putting Regal and Castagnoli together. That would be magic. And throw Danielson in there. You'd have the best technical guys on the roster together. Hero looks like he belongs on Broadway in Beauty and the Beast. Just saying. If they have signed with the E, let's hope Sara Del Rey doesn't get left out in ROH. She's great.

WWE haven't misused any actual independant talent without a reason. Kaval has said many times, WWE look for something specific and he hasn't got it. Colt Cabana has said that he feels like he didn't have the look required or the wrestling skills WWE would be looking for, for him to achieve success in the WWE.

Chris Hero and Claudio being misused isn't going to happen. The smarks will probably come up with one hundred reasons as to why they'll get misused but the proof is in the pudding. WWE have a higher success rate when bringing in independant stars than a failure rate and those two who did fail have publically admitted that it was their fault.

You have a point , but I can't help but think that if these guys get signed to WWE they will be renamed... lets say... "Christoper Hansen" and "Claude Tortellini" (or something) , followed by either wrestling in a dead and void of prestige tag team division , or just being split up and lost in the lower-midcard for a few months and then released :shrug:

You have a point , but I can't help but think that if these guys get signed to WWE they will be renamed... lets say... "Christoper Hansen" and "Claude Tortellini" (or something) , followed by either wrestling in a dead and void of prestige tag team division , or just being split up and lost in the lower-midcard for a few months and then released :shrug:

That is a good thing.

The reason for people being renamed is a positive for other companies. Christian pointed it out many years ago, he couldn't call himself Christian outside of the WWE. By guys like say Tyler Black signing with the WWE and being renamed Seth Rollins, due to that not being his actual name, if WWE were to trademark Tyler Black he wouldn't be allowed to use it if he leaves WWE. Nor would be be allowed to use Seth Rollins. He'd have to use his actual name which is Colby Lopez.

I don't work with WWE and can't say what they'll directly do with KOW. They could probably rename Chris Hero, Shane Hero or something. Claudio Castagnoli could be renamed something also, but there are advantages to that situation.

And you never know, they may not rename them at all. Example is CM Punk. WWE allowed him to retain that name.

The Kings both have one thing going for them that most indy guys that sign with WWE don't: the look. Claudio is 6'5 and has performed in fitness competitions. Hero is 6'5 as well, and could easily add some muscle and tone his body. Both men are very good wrestlers, Claudio especially is one of the best big men at selling that I have ever seen. I could easily see either man as a midcard champ, with Claudio especially having a chance at the main event someday.

Example is CM Punk. WWE allowed him to retain that name.

That was actually a VERY rare occurrence. I'm still surprised at that actually.

I do think Hero and Claudio could do well. They have the size and look I believe. They certainly can go. But if they debut as a tag team that would be interesting. I also wouldn't be surprised if they eventually split them up within a year or something if they do start as a tag team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Hero starts wearing a cape and a mask either knowing the WWE writers.

Hero I can't see going to far in the WWE unless they are kept as a tag team. He is very generic look and not what WWE's fans look for in a superstar.

Claudio on the other hand has the chance to be a huge star in the WWE. He brings an international flare like much of the young talent on the roster. Hopefully they split these guys up and push CC. It would be a shame to let this guy sit in the tag division and sulk.

I would disagree with your points. Firstly, Chris Hero is a very good wrestler and very good on the mic. He also has a look not too dissimilar to Edge, and in my opinion his look is not generic. He can use his mic skills to get over, and I see him being a top heel in the next five years.
Claudio is the weaker link in the tag team. He's a good wrestler but his mic skills are not very good. His talking is only really good when in short bursts, like he does on the ROH videowires. I would love to see these guys as a team, but If they do split them up, they should both be pushed. However, if I had to choose one to be pushed, it'd be Hero.

Oh great WWE has hired the racist Chris Hero but look who is in charged HHH the same guy that would not get pin by Booker t at wrestlemania okay now back to hero now as for him I do not care for him but he is a great wrestler with great mic skills so he will go far and I can see him becoming WWE champion. Now as for claudio I see him starting out strong but ending up jobbing that the way it goes with the WWE image over talent do not get upset I am only being honest

I think it would be in their best interest in the long term to go to WWE if for no other reason than financial gains. If you're a professional wrestler in this day and age here in the United States and you have the hopes of someday making an extremely good living, then the WWE is really the only game in town at this point.

Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli are both in their early 30s, still young men but they've both been wrestling for well over a decade. They've got the experience of veterans, they've earned a lot of respect out there on the indy circuit & they've accomplished a lot on the indy circuit both as tag team & singles competitors. They've probably also gone about as far as they can on the indy circuit. If they really do have an opportunity at WWE to make some serious money, I say go for it and hope for the best just like everyone else does.

If they sign and it ultimately doesn't work out, the indy scene will still be there and the possible exposure they'd get from being on national television could result in bigger pay days out there.

I seriously want this to happen. The Kings of Wrestling are two of the most talented guys in independent wrestling today. They can talk, wrestle, they have personality. And crucially, they're big guys. This means that they're are less likely to get the vanilla midget treatment and go the way of previous indy stars in WWE.

I hope that they come in as a tag team. It makes the most sense. Instead of two new guys, they can get over together and leave singles spots for others while they get get used to WWE. If they go to FCW, I'll be disappointed. I understand the whole learning the WWE style, but they are above working with models and football players who don't know shit about wrestling. However, FCW seems inevitable for any debuting talent. They're not international sensations like Sin Cara. They're indy guys and like CM Punk before them, they'll probably go through developmental first.

When they do (hopefully) get to WWE I want them to tear up the tag division (who doesn't want that). I love tag team wrestling and it's a shame the division has gone the way it has. The matches they could have with The Usos would be brilliant, and the things they could each them. It sounds to good to be true.

I hope they get to keep their name. The "Kings of Wrestling" is such a great name. Now I don't know if WWE has banned the term "wrestling". People say they have, but people are stupid. The fact is "wrestling" is used pretty frequently. So I hope their name isn't a problem.

This would be a great pick-up by the WWE. I never saw a match by these two, but from what I heard their very good in the ring and on the mic. Their only in their early 30's and have a decade of wrestling behind them. They aren't you normal "indy flippy, spotfest" wrestler, they have more of a WWE look and style.

Oh, and as seeing Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin have recently signed with ROH, maybe they'll be used to be in their place as seeing their very popular and well-known.

Only time can tell of what comes out of this, I just hope the report's are true and they do come to WWE, it'll be a very idea for the Kings of Wrestling to wrestle in the biggest wrestling company in the world.

I seriously want this to happen. The Kings of Wrestling are two of the most talented guys in independent wrestling today. They can talk, wrestle, they have personality. And crucially, they're big guys. This means that they're are less likely to get the vanilla midget treatment and go the way of previous indy stars in WWE.

I assume you're referring to Kaval, who has admitted in shoot interviews that he "doesn't have what WWE looks for" and not CM "3 time world heavyweight champion" Punk or Daniel "I main evented SummerSlam" Bryan.

I hope that they come in as a tag team.

Why? The tag division is irrelevent. They have a better chance of getting over as singles guys if they're as good as they're cracked up to be. I think we can both agree that feuding with a guy on the midcard is better than working with the likes of Otunga and Mike McGillicutty.

It makes the most sense. Instead of two new guys, they can get over together and leave singles spots for others while they get get used to WWE.

Because the vast majority of people who watch WWE know and care about the success that they had on the indie scene, right?

If they go to FCW, I'll be disappointed.

Why? If nothing else, FCW has am active tag scene.

I understand the whole learning the WWE style, but they are above working with models

damien_sandow.jpg

This is Dameon Sandow. He's been wrestling for 9 years and was never a model. Justin Gabriel was a model, but I think he rather defeats your objection.

and football players

Meet Richie Steamboat

richie_steamboat.jpg

and Bo Rotundo,

b_rotundo.jpg

both of whom were linebackers in college, neither of whom suck and both of which are given ample time to prove it (Bo's the only two time FCW champion, in fact). Which rather defeats your point too.

and who don't know shit about wrestling.

Allow me to introduce:

leo_kruger.jpg

Leo Kruger (13 years pro)

peter_orlov.jpg

Peter "Alex Kozlov" Orlov

seth_rollins.jpg

Seth "Tyler Black" Rollins

dean_ambrose.jpg

Dean "Jon Moxley" Ambrose

I could also include guys like Rick "APOC the Dungeon Graduate" Victor, Xavier Woods and the multiple generational guys. But I think my point is made. There are a lot of good guys there, with excellent facilities and trainers. Going there is a GOOD thing.

However, FCW seems inevitable for any debuting talent. They're not international sensations like Sin Cara. They're indy guys and like CM Punk before them, they'll probably go through developmental first.

Yes. Because spending time with Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, William Regal and X-Pac must suck if you're a wrestler who wants to improve, which every wrestler should want to. If they're in developmental or not. Hell, William Regal makes a point of talking about how he's always learning when he commentates in FCW.

When they do (hopefully) get to WWE I want them to tear up the tag division (who doesn't want that).

I don't. I'd rather them be relavent.

I hope they get to keep their name.

Well it would kind of suck for them. Because then they'd probably lose their ability to use it should things not work out. Which would suck for them.

The "Kings of Wrestling" is such a great name. Now I don't know if WWE has banned the term "wrestling". People say they have, but people are stupid. The fact is "wrestling" is used pretty frequently. So I hope their name isn't a problem.

Which indicates that it's not a banned term, doesn't it? The issue is that WWE like to own their tallent's names so that they can't leave the company and then cash in on the publicity that WWE created for them as much as they could if they could use the name.

I assume you're referring to Kaval, who has admitted in shoot interviews that he "doesn't have what WWE looks for" and not CM "3 time world heavyweight champion" Punk or Daniel "I main evented SummerSlam" Bryan.

Well Kaval, Matt Cross on Tough Enough. Maybe "vanilla" wasn't the right word to use because there have been many charismatic guys to fail in the WWE because of their look.

Why? The tag division is irrelevent. They have a better chance of getting over as singles guys if they're as good as they're cracked up to be. I think we can both agree that feuding with a guy on the midcard is better than working with the likes of Otunga and Mike McGillicutty.

I division is only as relevant as the wrestlers in it. The Kings being in the tag division would make the division, and themselves, more relevant.

Because the vast majority of people who watch WWE know and care about the success that they had on the indie scene, right?

That isn't close to what I said.

Why? If nothing else, FCW has am active tag scene.

Yes, because the sign of an active tag team is Big E Langston and Calvin Raines as champions, right? :rolleyes:

damien_sandow.jpg

This is Dameon Sandow. He's been wrestling for 9 years and was never a model. Justin Gabriel was a model, but I think he rather defeats your objection.

Meet Richie Steamboat

richie_steamboat.jpg

and Bo Rotundo,

b_rotundo.jpg

both of whom were linebackers in college, neither of whom suck and both of which are given ample time to prove it (Bo's the only two time FCW champion, in fact). Which rather defeats your point too.

Allow me to introduce:

leo_kruger.jpg

Leo Kruger (13 years pro)

peter_orlov.jpg

Peter "Alex Kozlov" Orlov

seth_rollins.jpg

Seth "Tyler Black" Rollins

dean_ambrose.jpg

Dean "Jon Moxley" Ambrose

I could also include guys like Rick "APOC the Dungeon Graduate" Victor, Xavier Woods and the multiple generational guys. But I think my point is made. There are a lot of good guys there, with excellent facilities and trainers. Going there is a GOOD thing.

I know who these guys are. I too watch FCW and I'm not denying there are some good people down in Florida. But there are quite a few people who are just there because of their look.

Yes. Because spending time with Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, William Regal and X-Pac must suck if you're a wrestler who wants to improve, which every wrestler should want to. If they're in developmental or not. Hell, William Regal makes a point of talking about how he's always learning when he commentates in FCW.

Spending time with them and learning from them is great. WWE Superstars do that anyway. But my problem with FCW is that it teaches conformity. Like many wrestlers before them (Jericho being the most striking example), the Kings have been around the world for the past decade honing their craft. As far as I'm concerned they're seasoned veterans. They don't need developmental, just like Jericho before them. Someone like Richie Steamboat, who has been wrestling for three years, does.

I don't. I'd rather them be relavent.

Like I said, a tag division is relevant because of the teams.

Well it would kind of suck for them. Because then they'd probably lose their ability to use it should things not work out. Which would suck for them.

Which indicates that it's not a banned term, doesn't it? The issue is that WWE like to own their tallent's names so that they can't leave the company and then cash in on the publicity that WWE created for them as much as they could if they could use the name.

Absolutely agree.

This all goes back to the thread about Triple H taking over developmental. The guy is not an idiot. Back in the old days it was all about working your way around the "indys" or the "territories" before getting your call up to the big time. This is where you learn to wrestle and show your passion. Triple H is a student of the game (pun?). He realizes the WWE is in such dire straights because of the way the developmental program has been ran for the past 10 years. They are recruiting "athletes" instead of wrestlers. Guys that work the Indy's for 10 years getting paid $50 a night are the guys you want to build a promotion on. Not the Lesnar's and Lashley's of the world. The guys you give the GOD push too until they realize how demanding it is to travel so much and what it easier.

You can bet your ass Triple H will be signing a ton of ROH and other Indy stars over the next few years and will be getting rid of the guys with the "good look". Vince might want entertainment but in the end it is still about connecting with the Audience. Working 10 years in ROH, PWG, or whatever teaches you to connect with the Audience, not 2 years in FCW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back