The Next NXT Despise

Prince Vee

Better than I think I am
Alright, I know how badly the IWC wanted Tyler Breeze to step up into the Main roster and we all were fascinated with the feud he started his career with, Dolph Ziggler. Many thought, one of their Dream feuds is happening in WWE at that moment. Tyler Breeze won his PPV debut in a grand fashion, clean I would say. He pinned Dolph Ziggler and made a statement.

But...

What's the credibility he got from that now? Next night, he lost in a Triple Threat match involving Dolph and Dean Ambrose to determine the #1 Contender for the IC championship. I didn't complain that because Dean was there for long and needed that push. I didn't mind Breeze getting pinned either because he's the only heel in that match.

But after that, he lost to Dolph Ziggler clean on Raw. Then he lost to Neville. Where is he going from here? I Know it's way too early to ask these sort of question, but from the past occurrences, I reckon he's going to be yet another NXT despise. What's your wager? What are your thoughts? Let's talk is out, shall we?

Exactly what i am thinking! He lost his debut match to Ambrose in Ist round of WWE WHC tourney where i think he shouldnot have been itself! Then He defeated Ziggler at Survivor Series clean and lost twice to him! He wins against R-Truth etc which win is considered as anything! He defeated Neville and then lost to him too quicky like a squash! I hope he doesnot go in the footsteps of Bo Dallas as a jobber but as it seems now, he is going in this way only :shrug:
Maybe its too soon to think this but still we need to think about him!

I'm sorry I don't watch/haven't really watched NXT. So what's NXT Despise?

As for Tyler Breeze, he didn't seem special to me. Another not-so-tall cruiserweight with a flashy flamboyant gimmick. I even found his entrance music/schtick annoying to an extent. How many times have we seen the "I'm so beautiful/narcissistic wrestler" gimmick before? From Rick Rude to God Forbid, even Mark effin Jindrak had it, and he went on to wrestle on Velocity. And since Tyle Breeze doesn't have a mirror carried around for him to see his reflection into, he has this idiotic phone! Jesus.

Not to seem/sound like an IWC douchebag, but I've read quite a few in the comments section as well as the forums refer to Tyler Breeze as Fandango 2.0. As far as him not being pushed or not being booked too well is concerned, practically nobody has been booked well- from Bray Wyatt to Ziggler to Adam Rose to Damien Sandow(the IWC's favourite!). So I don't see this as an issue, especially when certain other wrestlers are far more deserving of a push/title, including Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens.

Also, since you mentioned Nelville, and he's mentioned quite a lot, I don't think they will ever have anything substantial for guys like Nelville and Tyler Breeze(also, fandango) because there's no X-division/cruiserweight title, and they'll never win the US/IC titles over big guys like Del Rio and Kevin Owens. At most, they'll be used as fodder(as we've seen Nelville being used) to bigger wrestlers. But there's a possibility of them forming a tag-team with some other wrestler who's maybe a little bigger and thus winning the tag titles. But, unfortunately, that's how things are for smaller guys, talented or not.

I could be wrong about Tyler Breeze's wrestling skills as I haven't seen a lot of him. But so far, nothing special.

As for Tyler Breeze, he didn't seem special to me. Another not-so-tall cruiserweight with a flashy flamboyant gimmick. I even found his entrance music/schtick annoying to an extent. How many times have we seen the "I'm so beautiful/narcissistic wrestler" gimmick before? From Rick Rude to God Forbid, even Mark effin Jindrak had it, and he went on to wrestle on Velocity. And since Tyle Breeze doesn't have a mirror carried around for him to see his reflection into, he has this idiotic phone! Jesus.

You aren't to far off. He really isn't that special and really wasn't in NXT. As nice as it was to see him finally on the Main Roster...There really isn't much about him..

Anyway.
I don't mind him losing, because I am not really that big of a fan. It'd be nice for him to at least score a win against a credible opponent. He could never catch a break in NXT for the time I watched or on the Main roster I guess.

He is underwhelming to me. Hopefully I will come around on him.
:icon_neutral:

I think it's pretty chate that WWE moved Tyler Breeze up from NXT just to ultimately have him work as an enhancement talent in WWE. If that was the goal, they might as well have just left him where he was appreciated and USEFUL, because this is a complete waste of talent. He goes from being a cornerstone in the company's most successful brand, to losing to Neville in a throwaway match on Raw... yeah, I had nothing to worry about with Tyler Breeze coming to the main roster... but than again, I expected this from the moment they decided to debut him on Smackdown.

Breeze is not Neville or Fandango. He's MUCH better. He's solid on the mic, locked in on his character, and he's got a great style in the ring. He can work as a viscous or flamboyant character and he can also be relied on to put together a decent program. I just think it's ridiculous that they barely gave him a chance before jobbing him out.

EDIT: Forgot that the term chate is only used in my town. It means bullshit...

I have a couple friends that just love Tyler Breeze, and while I think he's very good in the ring (and they finally gave him a decent finisher) his gimmick is pretty stale. He's admitted to it being a homage to Gorgeous George but as has been mentioned the pretty boy narcissist has been done millions of times.

In all fairness it's more about how you handle the gimmick than what you get saddled with, more about the personality that embodies it. Jericho, Ziggler, Sean Michaels, Rick Rude, Rick Martel and so many others have carried variations of the gimmick on charisma alone, and I think Breeze is comparatively too one dimensional. He looks the part and wrestles the part, but he doesn't act the part convincingly on the mic.

I knew he and Ziggler would have great matches, but honestly they're gimmicks are too similar for Breeze to be this flat. Dolph has passion and can play the heel or the face well and both were trained by Lance Storm so the tools are certainly there. Breeze just has to learn how to use all of them. It's a little too soon to pronounce his doom just yet though.

I'm sorry I don't watch/haven't really watched NXT. So what's NXT Despise?

Doesn't matter what show you watch, or what language you speak...NXT Despise make's no sense whatsoever. Verbs don't tend to work as nouns.

Away from the Grammatical ******ation of this post, Tyler Breeze was never going to come up and be anything more than Mid-card at the very most. He has a character that would have maybe been upper mid card in the mid 90's, but that's conjecture tbh....the guy's mediocre at best in the ring, which actually seems to be due to the fact that he botches a lot of what he does because his boots are not practical for in ring work.

It seems to me that he was called up as a nod to the years he put in down in developmental, he paid his dues and deserves to be on tv. Having said that, Goldust is going to put him over in their feud, which will probably tap out to zero reaction on the rumble pre-show prior to Breeze taking up his role of putting over other NXT call ups as they arrive.

Watching Breaking Ground, he's clearly respected at the performance center, and will probably end up with a position down there when he reaches the level of Main Roster anonymity currently reserved for Jack Swagger.

I think it's pretty chate that WWE moved Tyler Breeze up from NXT just to ultimately have him work as an enhancement talent in WWE. If that was the goal, they might as well have just left him where he was appreciated and USEFUL, because this is a complete waste of talent. He goes from being a cornerstone in the company's most successful brand, to losing to Neville in a throwaway match on Raw... yeah, I had nothing to worry about with Tyler Breeze coming to the main roster... but than again, I expected this from the moment they decided to debut him on Smackdown.

Breeze is not Neville or Fandango. He's MUCH better. He's solid on the mic, locked in on his character, and he's got a great style in the ring. He can work as a viscous or flamboyant character and he can also be relied on to put together a decent program. I just think it's ridiculous that they barely gave him a chance before jobbing him out.

EDIT: Forgot that the term chate is only used in my town. It means bullshit...

Tyler Breeze was never that great. He's been rewarded for his loyalty and hard work by being moved to the main roster to lay down for much better performers. You see, the thing is that the good WWE wrestlers need jobbers, and Tyler Breeze is the perfect jobber. He can get a little bit of heat, enough to get the fans to cheer for the person to pin him, and he can wrestle a decent match, but nothing special.

NXT isn't the company's most successful brand, and Tyler Breeze wasn't a "cornerstone" in it. NXT is developmental, and most of the people that come through there are only going to become jobbers. This is how it works.

There isn't a conspiracy, but the reward for being ok in the ring and having and ok gimmick isn't getting to go pin Dean Ambrose on Raw.

In most cases, it's natural to think that if a performer gets promoted to the main roster, he's 'made it' and the path is clear to attain either success or failure. In the case of Tyler Breeze, though, I'm not sure it's that cut-and-dried. I believe the powers-that-be held him down in NXT for a long look and agreed to bring him up when there was nothing further he could do in the minor leagues. The fact he has the exact program in the majors is indicative that they're not convinced about Breeze yet.

So, while they're giving him a chance to succeed on the main roster, he's been told that he's not destined for immediate stardom; they'll give him TV exposure, he'll win some matches.....but Tyler is going to have to prove himself more before they start measuring his waist for championship belts.

He has a pretty interesting 'Gorgeous George' type gimmick that will fly for only so long. It's what they come up after that will determine how high he can rise in the organization.

Many valid points so far. Personally, I think they called Breeze up because they were at a "sh!t or get off the pot" crossroads with him. When they brought in the bigger names (Owens, Joe, Balor, Itami), Brezze got blown (see what I did there? Haha...) back to the mid-card, and it was obvious that he wouldn't be holding the NXT title anytime soon. WWE's booking of Breeze didn't do him any favors, but the 3 things that (don't) do it for me are: 1 - His moveset is above average at best. 2 - His finisher is a jumping spin kick that doesn't even look like it hurts. At least the "unprettier" suits his gimmick. And 3 - they put Summer Rae with him. Anyone who she has worked with/valeted for has been the worse for it. Dude was set up to fail.

So, losing to Dolph Ziggler (former world champion), Dean Ambrose (Was in the World Title Match a month ago vs Roman), and Neville (Another somewhat recent nXt callup that everyone wants to be pushed) is a sign that someone that's been on the roster for a month is going nowhere?

That list of opponents and being in contention for the IC title within a month of debut feel like an amazing intro to me.

Do people really want Tyler Breeze to be going for the World Title already or something?

Dude needs to spend some time winning and losing in the lower card to become himself. Also, his gimmick is great for just making us hate him, I hate selfies, I hate people that take selfies and I hate Narciss Prince from Super Punchout, Tyler Breeze is pretty much him.

This topic is about on par with the Kevin Owens one, where Beating John Cena (Clean) and winning the IC title was apparently holding him down.

I'm not surprised to see that Tyler Breeze isn't exactly racing up the roster. I think he's a pretty talented guy and he's comfortable with his character but his persona is one that's just much too easy to be transformed into a jobber or some sort of harmless comedy mid-card guy. I believed as much when I first saw him in NXT and I won't be at all surprised if that's what ultimately becomes of him. It's still pretty early, though having him in matches with Titus O'Neil and having Goldust back to doing that goofy...whatever the frig is it, while interrupting his backstage segments aren't good signs at all.

Remember Fandango? He beat Jericho at Wrestlemania and was almost nowhere to be found later.

Well, in a year or so there is Tyler Breeze in same role. He has beaten Ziggler(Jericho 2.0) and now fading to obscurity. I mean, lot can happen in future, but at this rate cant see him going over in some huge way to be relevant. Cant even see WWE pushing him that hard. Heck, Fandango even had that "Fandangoing" thing going on and still didnt go nowhere. Again, am not saying that Breeze will have same future but by the looks of things now, his future is not that bright.

He had no shot at early success regardless of talent with a gimmick like that. He must slowly evolve into something different or just scrap the gimmick all together. This is his only shot to success imo

The first time I saw Breeze in NXT he reminded me of Ziggler, and I'm surprised that they haven't become a tag team yet. Ziggler is doing nothing really, and this would be a way to give him something to do as well as help Breeze along. This feud is seriously going nowhere and it will only help Breeze out. With the PTP not wrestling for whatever reason, there is a need for more tag teams.

The roster is thin on enhancement talents and they can't have every mid card wrestler stay at .500 forever. Somebody has to be the one looking up at the lights. The only way Tyler Breeze starts winning is if he transitions to a babyface underdog, and it is way too soon for that.

Beyond the selfie stick, his gimmick is nothing special anyway. His music sucks (and not in a good way), at least HBK has catchy music.

Sure, Breeze can go when the bell rings but his size leaves him with a big hill to climb. Where does he go from here? Easy answer: Neville. The matches will be great, but neither man will really benefit.

Neville and Breeze SHOULD form a duo in the same vein as London and Kendrick. It would bolster a growing tag scene and give both men a regular spot on TV.

Tyler Breeze was never that great.

Subjective. I've always thought Tyler Breeze was awesome. In terms of overall talent, he's much better than many on the current roster to be honest. Don't try and convince me otherwise. You won't.

He's been rewarded for his loyalty and hard work by being moved to the main roster to lay down for much better performers. You see, the thing is that the good WWE wrestlers need jobbers, and Tyler Breeze is the perfect jobber. He can get a little bit of heat, enough to get the fans to cheer for the person to pin him, and he can wrestle a decent match, but nothing special.

Rewarded for his loyalty and hard work? You sound like he's been in the company for 15 years and is getting one last run with the title. He's getting jobbed out right now. Simple.

Why is he the perfect jobber? Because his gimmick is one-dimensional? A guy who has been around the NXT World title picture for a year and a half now, should not be jobbing on Raw. He was obviously over enough to stay in the main event of NXT with the likes of Itami, Balor, Zayn, and Owens. Why shouldn't he have a chance on the main roster? Oh I forgot, because he actually has a gimmick and people don't seem to like that anymore.

NXT isn't the company's most successful brand, and Tyler Breeze wasn't a "cornerstone" in it.

In terms of entertainment value and fan response, NXT is by far the most succesful brand in WWE. Raw makes WWE more money sure, but NXT is just the better show. Tyler Breeze was a cornerstone in NXT. He was there the longest, he worked with everybody, he was always in the title picture, and he was chosen as the man to face Jushin Liger at Takeover Brooklyn. He was actually THE cornerstone of NXT for a long time. It seems you don't know what a cornerstone is.

NXT is developmental, and most of the people that come through there are only going to become jobbers. This is how it works.

Sure, I expect Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger to come up as enhancement talents. I don't expect Balor, Zayn, Joe, Breeze, etc. to be used that way. It's a waste of talent.

There isn't a conspiracy, but the reward for being ok in the ring and having and ok gimmick isn't getting to go pin Dean Ambrose on Raw.

No, the reward is losing to Neville on Raw.

Look I'm not going to say all is doomed for Tyler Breeze. It's pretty obvious which direction they're headed in with him though. Anyone who chooses to remain optimistic is a better fan than me.

Breeze is nothing special and neither is Neville. WWE DOES NOT have the X-division like TNA does. In the WWE both Breeze and Neville will be glorified jobbers because WWE has horrific booking. However, they would flounder in TNA's X-Divison because Tigre Uno, DJ Z, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards and Manik would clean their clocks regularly. So let the bums stay in WWE and continue to job. TNA's X-Divison is too much for them.

Remember Fandango? He beat Jericho at Wrestlemania and was almost nowhere to be found later.

Well, in a year or so there is Tyler Breeze in same role. He has beaten Ziggler(Jericho 2.0) and now fading to obscurity. I mean, lot can happen in future, but at this rate cant see him going over in some huge way to be relevant. Cant even see WWE pushing him that hard. Heck, Fandango even had that "Fandangoing" thing going on and still didnt go nowhere. Again, am not saying that Breeze will have same future but by the looks of things now, his future is not that bright.

Now that I've read the word Fandangoing, I'm suddenly reminiscing whatever few segments/parts of Fandango I had seen, well over a year ago. How time flies! And I actually seem to think- Fandango had potential. He might not have been destined to become WWE WHC, but he certainly was talented. He was actually a bit okay-looking, maybe handsome, unlike Tyler Breeze, who isn't even good-looking or tall/big enough to portray that persona. If a certain wrestler plays the "How I'm the man, How I'm better-looking than everyone else", he has to actually look like that. And IMO, Shawn Michaels did. So does Seth Rollins. And Roman Reigns is just a volcano of good-looking-ness.

But back to the point, I really think Fandango could've been so much more. He moved/danced like a pro. Wasn't exactly a bad wrestler. Whereas Tyler Breeze's selfie schtick is just annoying. Like Azane said, even I hate selfies and despise the very word "selfie" for how it sounds and how everyone seems to be obsessed with it. And Tyler, instead of doing it once on a particular night, has that ridiculous phone carried everywhere and selfies(ugh) produced as if he's a fucking factory. No Tyler, you're neither handsome, nor charismatic. You're just OKAY.

Sure, I expect Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger to come up as enhancement talents. I don't expect Balor, Zayn, Joe, Breeze, etc. to be used that way. It's a waste of talent
Tyler Breeze isn't anywhere near the talent of these other guys. Not even in the same ballpark. I realize that you favor him, but he just isn't that good.

I think our modern Gorgeous George will be fine. Aside from creative commitment and decent booking it's a must that they don't cut layers from his character. How he was in NXT, let him be the same way on the main roster. They made this mistake with Bo Dollas and hopefully they'll learn not to thin Breeze's gimmick.

Is anyone surprised?

Tyler Breeze was never even 'the guy' at NXT, even though he often had better reactions. On the Main Roster, he doesn't get the strong reception and this kind of gimmick always has a short lifespan. Fandango, Adam Rose and now Tyler Breeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back