The Raven's Epitaph - Custom DVD Covers

The Raven's Epitaph

Getting Noticed By Management
Welcome one, welcome all. Gather round.

In this thread, I'll be posting my custom DVD covers. These are most likely going to be WWE ones. Here's how I make them.

For my logos, backgrounds and cutouts I go to "psd-dreams.de"

For my DVD templates including cases and discs, I use "deviantart.com"

For my programs, I use GiMP. A really great program, and I'd recommend it to anybody who wants to get into graphics.

I also use a trial (even though it says pro) version of ImanDix. A 3D cover designer program, free to download with a quick google search.

For my ideas, well, that's all up here in the old loaf. ;)

Enjoy!

NOTE: Please don't hesitate to ask if you'd like a print out version. I have those available if you fancy a change of boxart, and they're all to the exact scale of your typical DVD/Game case - and if you do use my designs, please credit me or let me know that you have. That'd be warmly appreciated, along with any feedback!

WWE Fatal 4-Way 2010

For this certain cover, I used a cutout from "psd-dreams.de" of the Randy Orton "4" promotional poster from the event itself. I then copied the text from the back of the original DVD, changed some fonts, played around with the layout, listed the matches and showed 2 pictures of the main event match cards.

As I also stated before, I use ImanDix. A 3D cover designer program, although I have a trial watermark on my cover, it says I have the pro version. Which is slightly odd and confusing, but oh well. It does a perfect job everytime.

Thanks for looking! More to come soon!

Here is one of my newest creations guys, I hope you like it.

I've gone semi-professional with these now, which I'm quite proud of.

Check Facebook for "Rare Wrestling-Media" and pick up absolutely anything you want from his wide range of merch. I design his box art now.

Here is the complete boxset for the Monday Night Raw 1993 season, Raw's first year.

I enjoy making these box arts, and I'm getting relatively good at them. I use the same layout for each year, obviously updating the logos and superstars on the covers.

Each box set, January to December, takes roughly around an hour and half, maybe 2 hours to complete. They come out great in the end and look great shelved.

Each disc has the matches, dates and a superstar on them, along with the month etc.

Here's what the full set looks like.

Created with GiMP.
For cutouts I used (as always) psd-dreams.de (great website.)

More covers being shown soon. If you do however wish to have a print out version, then let me know in a private message and I'll email you a copy, perfect for any standard DVD case, a perfect fit.

Thanks for looking.

Hey everybody.

I haven't made a post in this thread since early November, and now we're coming up to Christmas. Since then, I've really improved on making DVDs, and I have the full version of the 3d DVD program now, so I don't get any stupid watermarks on my covers.

Here's my latest creation.

And for all of these resources, I made the Tagged Classics PSD template myself from an original scanned in Tagged Classics cover. Found all the fonts for certain stuff by searching on the internet, same with the PPV posters.

I've been making some Tagged Classics DVDs. They look pretty cool I think. They aren't that hard to make either. Here's what I did:

Step 1: Scanned in one of my Tagged Classics DVDs.
Step 2: Opened the scan in GiMP and cut out the PPV posters and all the text.
Step 3: Added the new PPV posters and match listings on the back.
Step 4: Found the font from that PPV and used that for the spine and front.

I have actually made about...150+ maybe 200+ covers. It's just, I can't be bothered to upload them all to an image hosting site.

Thanks for looking again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back